INTJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INTJ

Probably my favorite other type (along with ENFP). You'd think it would be another F-type, but I always seem to click with INTJ's. We seem to have some kind of weird geek connection. Like us, they use Ni as their primary, so they have a way of looking at the world that is very similar to INFJ's. Most of the ones I have met seem to have empathy underlying those logical minds too. They don't come off as cold to me, simply reserved in their emotion.

QP is not here on the forum anymore....but I am friends with them on facebook....and he announced he married his best friend, an INTJ, a couple of days ago. They met each other here on this forum 6 years ago and managed to come together even though they lived far from one another. It's been great to see them work it all out so Love could take root and bloom between them.

He's an INFJ and she's an INTJ.
We were of the opinion a female INTJ was a really good match for an INFJ male in that we figured the females wouldn't have as much issue with emotions as the males. Apparently that turned out to be true in this case.
At any rate....I'm happy for them.

I found it interesting to read what I wrote about my Ex 6 years ago. We're still separated but together and the friendship has deepened to my satisfaction. Even though the INTJ is still arrogant and goes to great lengths to prove his point....he's grown softer and less prickly around the edges....and actually admits that he's difficult to be around.
Hah!

I also enjoyed reading some of the old members responses including NeverAmI.

Awww, we all know that INTJs are just a ball of gooey pink mush beneath that prickly exterior and behind those fangs...

vampire-hedgehog-fangs-hodge-huffington-10.jpg

I love INTJs, they challenge my entire being in the best (and worst) ways.

<3

I have a complete aversion to INTJs. The ones I have met both online and in RL seem to not care about the effect they have on others. So to me, they are selfish, self centred and arrogant. They seem to think that their intellect is enough and spend time on meaningless semantics to prove that they are right. It is tiring to be around them.

We've talked about this a bit on this thread, although I've been feeling a bit derpy, and haven't followed up yet:

http://www.infjs.com/threads/my-experience-with-an-intj-father.31426/page-3

I recognize your pain, but an aversion I have is casting judgments upon large groups of people, based upon the actions of only a few individuals. I know that you've been hurt before, but I don't think anyone of any type would willingly hurt someone they care about if they're in a healthy frame of mind - especially INTJs, which as I mentioned in that thread, love deeply, and tend to be fiercely protective of those they love, and that which they love. I think it might help to try to separate those individuals who have harmed you from their type, to know that they did not do wrong because of their type, but rather, because they were not healthy, mentally, emotionally, or otherwise.

Also, very much so agreed with Free - in my experience, INTJs are ridiculously squishy under that prickly exterior. I don't have much time to expand further at the moment, but this is just my 2 cents.

Awww, we all know that INTJs are just a ball of gooey pink mush beneath that prickly exterior and behind those fangs...

vampire-hedgehog-fangs-hodge-huffington-10.jpg

I love INTJs, they challenge my entire being in the best (and worst) ways.

<3

f37c245117e0a195020be776146a0a36.gif

I recognize your pain, but an aversion I have is casting judgments upon large groups of people, based upon the actions of only a few individuals. I know that you've been hurt before, but I don't think anyone of any type would willingly hurt someone they care about if they're in a healthy frame of mind - especially INTJs, which as I mentioned in that thread, love deeply, and tend to be fiercely protective of those they love, and that which they love. I think it might help to try to separate those individuals who have harmed you from their type, to know that they did not do wrong because of their type, but rather, because they were not healthy, mentally, emotionally, or otherwise.
All of this ^^^

Reactions: Gaze and hush
QP is not here on the forum anymore....but I am friends with them on facebook....and he announced he married his best friend, an INTJ, a couple of days ago. They met each other here on this forum 6 years ago and managed to come together even though they lived far from one another. It's been great to see them work it all out so Love could take root and bloom between them.

He's an INFJ and she's an INTJ.
We were of the opinion a female INTJ was a really good match for an INFJ male in that we figured the females wouldn't have as much issue with emotions as the males. Apparently that turned out to be true in this case.
At any rate....I'm happy for them.

I found it interesting to read what I wrote about my Ex 6 years ago. We're still separated but together and the friendship has deepened to my satisfaction. Even though the INTJ is still arrogant and goes to great lengths to prove his point....he's grown softer and less prickly around the edges....and actually admits that he's difficult to be around.
Hah!

I also enjoyed reading some of the old members responses including NeverAmI.

@Kgal - that is a lovely post. I agree with @hush it's about the person much more than their MBTI type. I have known INTJs who were awful, cruel and dishonest. I have also met some really great INTJs who were kind, honest and very supportive of others. I think INTJ women maybe get things worse than the men, as society seems to be happy to pigeonhole men/women in expectations of their attributes and behaviors. What a great end to this account though.. just goes to show..

We've talked about this a bit on this thread, although I've been feeling a bit derpy, and haven't followed up yet:

http://www.infjs.com/threads/my-experience-with-an-intj-father.31426/page-3

Also, very much so agreed with Free - in my experience, INTJs are ridiculously squishy under that prickly exterior. I don't have much time to expand further at the moment, but this is just my 2 cents.
I'm crying now. You all talk sense.

I'm crying now. You all talk sense.

Stay away from whoever you want right now. You don't have to like anyone. You don't sound like you're in a good place; you sound fragile. I don't think right now it's the best time for you to be cozying up to certain personality types, especially the prickly ones. Give yourself some time to heal the aversion will go away.

So a thread about INTJs turns into an emotional lovefest? That's truly despicable. It seems we have much to learn from INFJs.

@hush @Free

We INTJs are neither soft, nor squishy. Underneath our cold, hard exterior is a colder, harder interior. Just as with a black hole. Though the center may seem beautiful to some, there is just...the void.

So a thread about INTJs turns into an emotional lovefest? That's truly despicable. It seems we have much to learn from INFJs.

We will DESTROY YOU

with cuddles.

@hush @Free

We INTJs are neither soft, nor squishy. Underneath our cold, hard exterior is a colder, harder interior. Just as with a black hole. Though the center may seem beautiful to some, there is just...the void.

You can't pull the wool over my eyes again, 'Cobi. Not this time. Not like last time. I know the truth.

LseUADu.jpg

There might be more layers, you might have to go through increasingly harder and icier layers, there might be a void somewhere in there too, but if you're willing to risk everything, turn a critical eye upon that void and exhale nervously before taking the plunge into what seemingly looks like a black hole of nothingness, you will find... squish. So much squish. And mush.

@hush @Free

lies

We will DESTROY YOU

with cuddles.

You can't pull the wool over my eyes again, 'Cobi. Not this time. Not like last time. I know the truth.

LseUADu.jpg

There might be more layers, you might have to go through increasingly harder and icier layers, there might be a void somewhere in there too, but if you're willing to risk everything, turn a critical eye upon that void and exhale nervously before taking the plunge into what seemingly looks like a black hole of nothingness, you will find... squish. So much squish. And mush.

That's so sweet. *sniff* I could really use a cuddle right now

*starts aiming ballista*
maxresdefault.jpg

@hush @Free

Mhmmm... you're so adorable when you're trying to convince us of an impossible truth. But we know better. We know *you* better.

:hug::cathug::hug::kissingheart:

@hush @Free

:hug:
Lots of love your way @Jacobi

Reactions: Free and hush