INTJ/INFJ--ESTJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INTJ/INFJ--ESTJ

And also... what's the difference between Fi, Fe... Te, Ti... etc.? Like I said, I'm sorta new to this (albeit very intrigued and excited) so it doesn't quite make sense yet.

My very short, uneducated descriptions of the processes (and probably completely wrong):

Fi - Focusing your emotions inwards focusing on the self. (cue flames from the Fi dominants)

Fe - Focusing emotions outwards and understanding other's emotions.

Ti - Focuses on questions and gathering of knowledge.

Te - Focuses on solving questions and coming to conclusions.

Ni - Dreaming of future possibilities.

Ne - Being a nutcase. (points to [MENTION=2]Shai Gar[/MENTION];)

Si - Reflecting on the past.

Se - Focusing on the reality of the here and now.

My very short, uneducated descriptions of the processes (and probably completely wrong):

Ni - Dreaming of future possibilities.

Ne - Being a nutcase.

Intuition is about making connections by filling in the gaps, looking beyond what's apparent. The goals of Ne and Ni are what make them differ in character.

Ni seeks the truth of the object.

Ne seeks the possibilities for the object.

Ne is not a problem solving function. In Ne-dominant people who haven't developed their judging functions, you'll notice a bit of a mental sprawl (e.g. 60 possibilities = 55 meandering paths + 5 effective answers, with difficulty distinguishing among them ... which is fun when an answer isn't needed but a dilemma when it is). But in Ne-dominant people with developed judging functions (Ti/Fi), you'll see an adventuresome spirit coupled with a talent for knowing what works, what doesn't, and why.

Ni, on the other hand ...
Introverted Intuiting is about Seeking Insights and Meanings

It focuses on:

• Identifying underlying meaning
  • Identifying the inter-relatedness of data
  • Synthesizing the information to reveal the "golden nuggets"
Ni solves problems by looking at them from a different angle such that they don't seem like problems anymore (and if you don't perceive them as problems anymore, by definition they aren't.) Patterns (and everything) exist only as a function of interpretation and everything is completely in your head.
So technically, Ne is the one that's about dreaming up future possibilities. Ni is more about knowing (which isn't to say it always knows ... but it is very good at knowing).