INFJs who are or have been to College

daydreamer

Permanent Fixture
Jul 10, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
I forget
Which college was it and did you like it? What was the name of it?

Sorry for posting lots of threads, I just get curious really easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
There's a lot of folks in college on the boards. I'm (still) working on my Masters, although I'm planning on switching tracks once I get back into the swing of things. We'll see how that goes. :p

I like it - but I'd prefer to take it slower so I can absorb it. It's difficult to work full time while getting a Masters. It's not impossible, but I need more time to do it. I went to a large Texas college, and I'm also employed at the same college today. :) And I love/d college a heck of a lot more than high school, I can tell you that.

INFJs wgo are or have been to college

I felt more comfortable in college than I did in high school, but I didn't really feel at home until I went to law school. I was an "older" student. My last year of undergraduate school I was 36, working full time, going to school full time and pregnant with my first child. Still, I really loved it; the subjects were nore interesting and I had more autonomy. I didn't start law school till the ripe age of 40 and I think it was an advantage. Though I was anxious about my ability to perform adequately, jusrt like everyone else I knew, I think I took it more in stride.

I went to college the first time at 18 and attended a large--huge, really--state university. I dropped out my third year in school and when I went back to complete my B.S. many years later, I chose a small private school, which I was able to pay for because the company where I worked paid most of my tuition. When I went to law school, I again chose a small private school and as with my undergraduate experience, the environment suited me better.

I am in college, and I really like it for the most part. I go to a tiny liberal arts college, not going to say where though.

I am so in love with college. I have mostly been at community college. I spent one year at KU and HATED IT. It's a bad college for anyone who's serious about heir studies. If you want to par-tay, then go there. lol Next week I am transferring to a private Uni and I already know I'm going to L-O-V-E it!!

The fun schools are ones where everyone is serious about studying and partying. Well, they might not have the highest ranking, but I'm the kind of person who wants it all.

I'm going to the Arts Institute in Bournemouth this September. Cant wait for the course, but suffering from severe anxiety about everything else.

I loooooooooooooooooove college! I go to Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana. This place seriously feel like my home and I never want to leave. I love every single tiny aspect about college (except how much it costs). The friends, the freedom, the coursework, the environment, the weather. I can't not stress enough how much I love college!!!

I'm attending New Mexico State University, am a Junior and pursuing a bachalor's in Psychology. I changed my major last year from Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management to Developmental Psychology. I'm liking the classes but not the location.

I loooooooooooooooooove college! I go to Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana. This place seriously feel like my home and I never want to leave. I love every single tiny aspect about college (except how much it costs). The friends, the freedom, the coursework, the environment, the weather. I can't not stress enough how much I love college!!!

Do you not experience any INFJ related problems while attending?

Last edited:
Do you not experience any INFJ related problems while attending?

Not really. I was very lucky freshmen year, and had a really really good floor community (our entire floor of around 40 people we all friends to some degree), so the social aspect wasn't that hard for me. People coaxed me out of my shell pretty easily.

The biggest problems that I have had have stemmed from acedemics, leading to confidence problems (thinking I wasn't smart enough).

College is amazing, but it isn't all sunshine and roses. With everything in life, there are bumps and challenges.

I can imagine wanted to die when my ESFJ friend brings round the entire neighbourhood for a house party. I can imagine wanted to crawl under a rock when I'm pretending the be normal by going out and drinking. I can imagine wanting to cry when I have to make passes at girls just enough times in front of people so they don't start thinking I'm gay or weird.

I can imagine wanted to die when my ESFJ friend brings round the entire neighbourhood for a house party. I can imagine wanted to crawl under a rock when I'm pretending the be normal by going out and drinking. I can imagine wanting to cry when I have to make passes at girls just enough times in front of people so they don't start thinking I'm gay or weird.

Yep, same here. Not anymore but I loathed High School for that reason that you described above.

You souldn't be so nervous about college. It is a whole different thing when you are actually there, then from when you are thinking about it. All of my friends know me as being an oddball, they find it indearing. It really is an amazing time in your life, and you should embrace it.

The biggest peice of advice I can say is: BE YOURSELF, regardless of others.

Yeah I try, but I just can't get over these nightmare scenarios that are inevitably gonna come up. Usually I would deal with them in my own way, but that won't cut it because it's not like I can retreat anywhere. I have to get along and make it work, to ensure a liveable 3 year prospect.

You don't have to participate in those things in college. That's a stereotype. Sure, there is a group of students who live that lifestyle, but it's not everyone and it's your choice.

Do what you want. Why care what others think?

Those things have never "come up" for me or anyone else I know. I think you have a skewed idea of what college is like. Relax!! It's not like high school. There are so many people on a college campus, there aren't a couple of people who are considered the most popular. It's your chance to discover who you are and you can live however you want!

It's up to you!!!

Why not try a community college first to ease into the transition? Are there any 4 year universities within driving distance? Like a half hour drive or so? Then you don't have to live on campus.

It's so easy to say that. Of course I have to care. We all do. I care because I want to be a part of a functional social life. Not just that but I want people to see things from my perspective and understand the reasons why I choose not to participate in certain activities/that certain things just don't turn me on. Not that I won't but I want to in my own time. I want people to see my introversion as part of a normal dichotomy inbuilt into all humans- as natural as hair colour. I don't wanna feel constantly persecuted for the way I choose to act...and I WILL act the way I want to, fuck everyone else.

My secondary school experience was nothing like this "High school" thing people refer to, so I have nothing to reference to in that respect. I've met my house mates, I've sensed one who is sniffing out that I'm an introvert and he doesn't like the smell, even though I tried not to give too much of personality away at this stage. I look forward to everything except people's detest for my introversion.

I honestly don't care if people think I'm cool. I am who I am and if people like me, that's great.

But what I'm trying to say is that don't you think there are other ways to be liked than the ones you mentioned above? Of course there are! People who party 24/7 usually end up dropping out. College is where a lot of people rethink their priorities. Even though there was that group of people who partied a lot at my Uni, they usually interacted with their group and no one else mixed with them. That's just my experience though.

There shouldn't be anyone pressuring you to do things like that unless you are hanging out with people you don't have anything in common with.

Sounds like college is pretty good for an INFJ ^^ That's good.