Infjs what kind of activities energize you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Infjs what kind of activities energize you?

yea im pretty physical. I get depressed if I am not being consistently active.

I try to go for a walk for about 30 minutes everyday, some days longer, and that keeps me feeling pretty good. I used to lift weights and run, but I don't know what happend. I think it's just something that comes and goes for me.

There's a variety of activites I enjoy, and I can draw energy from a lot of places. Some more than others. (note I don't know my type).

I think one of my favorite though, and is ultimately the most fulfilling (and gives me a lot of direction and purpose), is being in some sort of leadership position. I'd argue it's one of the most consistent sources for me. I have a lot of fun with it. I gain a lot of satisfaction from setting up things, teaching, plans, games, rules, etc. and watching it all go together. There's just something about it that is thrilling and gives me a lot of personal satisfaction. In a way, it's like building a machine, but it's invisible. People are either the parts, or the things that get processed. I love watching how all of this evolves over time. I.E. if there is some sort of tangible data or product that comes out of it I enjoy leadership even more. I don't always want to be in charge of everything. Just things I feel I can improve, have fun with, and I must feel like I will be able to do the job well and right. If I don't think I can do it, or I feel like my efforts are for naught, I eventually stop. I'm rather ambitious by my nature, and also perfectionistic so this sort of comes along with that.

I love listening to music. It allows me to connect with myself on non-verbal levels and feel things I normally otherwise couldn't. It can also be a springboard to imagining all kinds of stuff. Real or not, and I can get completely lost in it. If I do this too often the novelty of it starts to wear off, or it can be draining. Most of the time though, it's recharging and I enjoy it. It's sort of a focused solitude that I value a lot.

I get energized by having fun with good people. I'm pretty talkative and love sharing experiences, running around exploring, and overall enjoying each others company and having fun. I don't always want this, but when I do it's very fulfilling.

I get energized by doing nothing completely isolated from everyone. Just lying in bed all day, not doing a darn thing, ignoring all the things I have to do, and completely immersing myself in a sloth state. Do this to often and bad thing happen (and that is something I quite often seem to forget). Honestly though, anyone would get burnt out if they didn't recharge or get energy from different sources.

Can't leave out the internet. Then again, who doesn't love the internet, and who doesn't get energized by it in some capacity?

Do you feel like you failed if someone else takes the leadership position in a certain situation where you're both suitable for it?

In the last time, I'm kind of get into engines alot. I don't know, it's like a unknown force set me up to love engines and mechanics...which is funny, because I never had this passion before. But I love it. Is this idea in my head for a while that one day I could develop a one person-helicopter by myself. Who knows, maybe something like this beauty...
[video=youtube;5slM2JWYnBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5slM2JWYnBw[/video] or this one...
[video=youtube;ZKOrmETgMkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKOrmETgMkM[/video]

So cool. I say go for it! :) :plane:

I try to go for a walk for about 30 minutes everyday, some days longer, and that keeps me feeling pretty good. I used to lift weights and run, but I don't know what happend. I think it's just something that comes and goes for me.

Which part of the day do you prefer walking?

Which part of the day do you prefer walking?

I usually walk in the early afternoon, mostly out of convenience. But I prefer to walk in the early morning or in the evening, sometime after dinner, when the traffic is less and there is more quiet on the streets. How about you? Are you a walker?

being in nature energizes me...especially being alone in nature and being able to reflect

I usually walk in the early afternoon, mostly out of convenience. But I prefer to walk in the early morning or in the evening, sometime after dinner, when the traffic is less and there is more quiet on the streets. How about you? Are you a walker?
I would classify myself as a morning walker, but lately I haven't been going for any walks, the excuse I give myself is that it's to cold outside for walking so instead I drive my bike (flawless logic right there :wacko:)

I hear ya. I've been into my fitness a lot more in the last few years. It is definitely one thing that helps me deal with the stresses of life.

I love sleep especially if I dream.
Lucid dreaming is the best.

Lucid dreaming is pretty awesome. I've always been content just having intense, vivid dreams, but I've had lucid dreams a few times and it's pretty incredible.

Where do you draw your energy from?

I can't really say anything "energizes" me anywhere near as well as gym class or a treadmill but I feel much more comfortable and myself when I've got something to read, write, figure out (such as algebra), immerse myself in (more on the lines of storyline and characters in games or shows), or listen to (usually music[which currently is all japanese for whatever reason :p]). I like being outside every once in a while and adore walking for whatever reason (even if it's "near polar temperatures =O" outside, I'll just scoff at people and walk unless they have a car with an offer to take me somewhere); guess that's one of my Se quirks :p. Hmm, I guess youtube is another thing... it makes me laugh quite a lot.

Music
Being touched in love
Collecting things
Watching people do what they feel/think is right
Prayer
Hunting
Fishing
Some of these things later drain my energy
Being with someone I know cares a lot about my well-being
Sunsets
The wag of a tail
the placing of a paw on me
a smile or words from a wonderful young lady always gives me energy
having one in the office with me would greatly energize me if I liked her

Do you feel like you failed if someone else takes the leadership position in a certain situation where you're both suitable for it?

No, not exactly. If they end up doing a better job at it than I did (and I hadn't been planning/expecting them to take my place), then yeah it will feel like I failed at it. If they take over and are equal or worse than I was, then I won't care really.

Lucid dreaming is pretty awesome. I've always been content just having intense, vivid dreams, but I've had lucid dreams a few times and it's pretty incredible.

Yeah definitely! (I have a lot of those) I should look around and start a thread about dreaming if there isn't one already.

I can't really say anything "energizes" me anywhere near as well as gym class or a treadmill but I feel much more comfortable and myself when I've got something to read, write, figure out (such as algebra), immerse myself in (more on the lines of storyline and characters in games or shows), or listen to (usually music[which currently is all japanese for whatever reason :p]). I like being outside every once in a while and adore walking for whatever reason (even if it's "near polar temperatures =O" outside, I'll just scoff at people and walk unless they have a car with an offer to take me somewhere); guess that's one of my Se quirks :p. Hmm, I guess youtube is another thing... it makes me laugh quite a lot.

It seems to me you have all the functions engaged. :smile:

having one in the office with me would greatly energize me if I liked her
wut?

Posting on forums.