Infjs what kind of activities energize you? | INFJ Forum

Infjs what kind of activities energize you?

Elektra

Regular Poster
May 7, 2013
MBTI
XNFX
Enneagram
4w8 sx
Where do you draw your energy from?

Reactions: muir
There's a variety of activites I enjoy, and I can draw energy from a lot of places. Some more than others. (note I don't know my type).

I think one of my favorite though, and is ultimately the most fulfilling (and gives me a lot of direction and purpose), is being in some sort of leadership position. I'd argue it's one of the most consistent sources for me. I have a lot of fun with it. I gain a lot of satisfaction from setting up things, teaching, plans, games, rules, etc. and watching it all go together. There's just something about it that is thrilling and gives me a lot of personal satisfaction. In a way, it's like building a machine, but it's invisible. People are either the parts, or the things that get processed. I love watching how all of this evolves over time. I.E. if there is some sort of tangible data or product that comes out of it I enjoy leadership even more. I don't always want to be in charge of everything. Just things I feel I can improve, have fun with, and I must feel like I will be able to do the job well and right. If I don't think I can do it, or I feel like my efforts are for naught, I eventually stop. I'm rather ambitious by my nature, and also perfectionistic so this sort of comes along with that.

I love listening to music. It allows me to connect with myself on non-verbal levels and feel things I normally otherwise couldn't. It can also be a springboard to imagining all kinds of stuff. Real or not, and I can get completely lost in it. If I do this too often the novelty of it starts to wear off, or it can be draining. Most of the time though, it's recharging and I enjoy it. It's sort of a focused solitude that I value a lot.

I get energized by having fun with good people. I'm pretty talkative and love sharing experiences, running around exploring, and overall enjoying each others company and having fun. I don't always want this, but when I do it's very fulfilling.

I get energized by doing nothing completely isolated from everyone. Just lying in bed all day, not doing a darn thing, ignoring all the things I have to do, and completely immersing myself in a sloth state. Do this to often and bad thing happen (and that is something I quite often seem to forget). Honestly though, anyone would get burnt out if they didn't recharge or get energy from different sources.

Can't leave out the internet. Then again, who doesn't love the internet, and who doesn't get energized by it in some capacity?

Actively meditating and introspecting while engaging my subconscious, singing in the shower, dancing in warm summer rain, fishing, writing, listening to great music, really anything I do alone tends to energize me. Activities listed are just some of my favorites.

Constructing ideas, developing plans, analysing the universal patterns and being awesome.

are we on the mature thread? ;)

Reactions: rawr
Listening to music, playing the piano, reading a book, watching a tv show, watching a movie, daydreaming, singing (alone!) and working out are my favorite ways to recharge. Also, I've noticed that immersing myself in any sort of story (note: reading, movies, etc) is very energizing to me; I'm not sure why. When I'm really drained, I'll lie on the floor and just breath deeply, trying to empty out my mind and just breath.

Reading philosophy, listening to music, theorizing, immersion, people that I love!

Pulling ideas and thoughts from the subconscious and connecting them together.

For me it has to be something musical, playing an instrument or singing in an ensemble etc.
I used to like running, but purely as a solitary pursuit.

Where do you draw your energy from?

Salsa dancing and music
Lifting heavy weights
being active physically - playing sports
being out in nature
meditation

Sleep. It's one of my favorite activities. I love sleep.

Salsa dancing and music
Lifting heavy weights
being active physically - playing sports

You get energy from these things? Awww. I feel so lame. :(

You get energy from these things? Awww. I feel so lame. :(

yea im pretty physical. I get depressed if I am not being consistently active.

yea im pretty physical. I get depressed if I am not being consistently active.

You should watch Stephen Illiardi's TED Talk. There is an explanation to why being active makes you stay away from being depressed.

Actively meditating and introspecting while engaging my subconscious, singing in the shower, dancing in warm summer rain, fishing, writing, listening to great music, really anything I do alone tends to energize me. Activities listed are just some of my favorites.

summer rain...oh yeaaaahhhhh :))))) Its good when I'm with a lots of friends and dogs that run like crazy...to "kill" some cats :))))

In the last time, I'm kind of get into engines alot. I don't know, it's like a unknown force set me up to love engines and mechanics...which is funny, because I never had this passion before. But I love it. Is this idea in my head for a while that one day I could develop a one person-helicopter by myself. Who knows, maybe something like this beauty...
[video=youtube;5slM2JWYnBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5slM2JWYnBw[/video] or this one...
[video=youtube;ZKOrmETgMkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKOrmETgMkM[/video]

You should watch Stephen Illiardi's TED Talk. There is an explanation to why being active makes you stay away from being depressed.

I will definitely check it out. thanks for the recommendation!