INFJs - Are you a dominant personality? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs - Are you a dominant personality?

I suppose the best way for me to put it is what I have read in the INFJ descriptions. It's actually one of the things that really stood out to me in it. I am really neither a leader or a follower. I am very individualistic. I mostly set myself apart in term of wanting to dominate or be dominated. I think I usually get a kind of quiet respect. People who are not good at reading others often underestimate or misjudge me because of the way I am. I am guessing a lot of INFJ's get misread.

I would say I do consider myself to be slightly dominant. However I am not a leader whatsoever, as most people here say of themselves. I would never volunteer to control a team of people unless no-one else bothered. I always wait to see if my help is needed in other words, I would never let my team be inefficient or lazy without a fight to get my team working. I relate to what INFJ profiles say about us having a quiet force or something, I work behind the scenes, which sucks as more extroverted people of the group seem to claim my ideas.

I'm usually forced into being dominant by others, usually by really introverted friends who aren't as confident as me, or by someone who I think needs a bit of instruction or advice. I just care a lot about people, that I feel I need to be bossy to help them out. I also become very assertive for particular causes. I will be assertive when it is needed, but my natural incline is much more calm I would say.

I also agree that I intimidate others with a subtle dominance, like people sense my intensity or something.

It really depends---I'm usually an easy-going, sweet, calm person. But I like to be crisp, bubbly, and bright. I hate feeling lazy, useless, and don't have a tolerance for inefficiency. Like other people have said, if i'm working as a team (or something along those lines) and my teammates are doing things a questionable way, I NEED to be in control. It drives me nuts.

WOOOW.. thats sooo me. lol

not really, no

I'm curious how many of us would describe themselves as being 'dominant'.

Yes, I am very capable of leading. I learned from my father I had a lot of male mentors who were in positions of authority around, so I guess I picked up a lot from them.

Sometimes I would want to be in control, especially to things important to me...

Whether it's done well or not...is a different question really. /shy

Although i don't display this as much online, but i can be very dominating especially when i'm upset or feel very passionate about something. And i do like to take control especially if i think people are not seeing the big picture or when people are wasting time focusing on the wrong things i want them to refocus on the important things which need to be addressed.