• Africa

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Middle East

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Asian

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • South American

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Pacific Islander (Hawaii, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, etc...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Stalin killed over 7 mln ukranians in one single winter by exporting all the food from the area and left the people to starve to death -

this is true, the Ukrainians call it the "Terror Famine". I really think that the reason what happened in Germany resonates is that Germany was a modern European state with institutions we recognize even today. ps how many Ukrainians does the average westerner know? I only know about it because I know a Ukrainian family. Same with Armenia. I have known dozens and dozens of Jewish families...in that I am not alone in the US.

this is true, the Ukrainians call it the "Terror Famine". I really think that the reason what happened in Germany resonates is that Germany was a modern European state with institutions we recognize even today. ps how many Ukrainians does the average westerner know? I only know about it because I know a Ukrainian family. Same with Armenia. I have known dozens and dozens of Jewish families...in that I am not alone in the US.

I read something directly related just today that chalked up the difference as a military and political necessity during WWII.

yup, Holodomor would be what its called in ukranian.. I am not sure about how many ukranians do westerners know, I myself only moved to the west 7 years ago, was born in one of the former soviet republics (I have a birth cert from a country that doesnt exist lol), There are really a lot of ukranians in the UK, the trouble is that if the average brits see a white person speaking with an accent - the person is "polish" in their eyes and no amount of geography lessons can help there :D I get that a lot too, but im too tired to argue anymore, if some acquaintance asks me hows life in poland - I tell them about life in poland :D Back to the topic - I know quite a few ukranians, because I recognize them, not all want to be recognized though, because not all are there legally... But I frequently visit a eastern european food shop thats owned by a family from ukraine, very warm people... at one point when I lived in London I worked at a hotel where about 95% of emploeyees were ukranian :D Handy I can speak russian, otherwise it wouldve been really tough :D BUT! None of them ever told me about Holodomor, they were actually all very surprised that I know about it - I bumped into this info when I was chain-watching all the "conspiracy" movies :) Soviet story it was called, I think.

I disagree with the whole concept of this thread. Race and ethnicity is not the same as culture. I dont even believe in race. There are population groups. And as much difference within groups as there is between them. Culture is something seperate, different from ethnicity.

I'm half Beaner half Spanish. But my Beaner side has French and Spanish blood, so everyone in my family has light brown or hazel eyes. My grandmother from Mexico had blonde hair and blue eyes. My Spanish side also has Native American blood (Navajo). So I guess I'm just a mutt. Have no clue what to answer.

[MENTION=5375]chulo[/MENTION] i knew you were a compadre xD my family is like that too, actually my mom was born in Spain

[MENTION=5375]chulo[/MENTION] i knew you were a compadre xD my family is like that too, actually my mom was born in Spain

I know I was thinking the same thing. We have similar ethnicity. Mexicans come in all types and colors.

While this is an interesting way to study MBTI, I don't know if I would rely so much on heritage. My great-grandparents on both sides immigrated from Germany, and while there are a lot of strong feelers in our family, there are just as many thinkers.
Genetics plays a role, of course, it would be silly to disregard it, but I am more inclined to look at how the person was raised.
Very interesting topic!
:)

-Anna

Race and ethnicity is not the same as culture. I dont even believe in race. .

this is true, but the overlap of the three is fascinating.

Yes, professional and passionate historian. Gone into local politics :) Tbh - that was just our chats - I often was too bored to do the reading for my history lessons (our school books were horrible :) ) so I used to quiz him a lot before tests :D

hmmm.

I am curious about how many INFJs out their are of German/Austrian/Swiss heritage?

Here is why I am curious: I am a poster child for the INFJ (as I am sure the rest of you are) and on my father's side the ancestry is German (my family ancestry comes from the Rhineland Pfalz and Baden-Werttumberg; SW Germany area).

When I lived in Germany from 1998 - 2002, the German people are very much to themselves until you get to know them but, once you know them, they are funny and warm but they are somewhat of an enigma with complex personalities much like INFJs.

Does any know if Germany has more INFJs than other countries?

As a culture, does it seem more INFJish than other cultures? For example, I was in Italy and they are more like an ESFJ culture (as a whole), it seems like.

There may be no connection to this whatsoever but I am curious and I thought this would be a good forum to ask the question.

Please let me know your thoughts or any research that you know of to bring some light on this subject.

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

Hello Patrick!

This is Fernando Andrés Sánchez González, another INFJ.

Because INFJ is the least common personality type (approximately 1% of the human population), I thought to set up a meet up in Vienna (Austria), for INFJs to meet and get to know each other. It could be not that easy, because of the I (Introversion) part :), but it will be for sure interesting!

Of course, everyone is warmly welcome to our meet up, but specially INFJs.

The initial idea is to meet up (sometimes somewhere in Vienna, and sometimes online), the second week on every month.

If you want, please promote this conversation:

https://www.infjs.com/conversations/infjs-meetup-vienna-austria-europe.23512/

or let other INFJs know about it.

Here the link to the Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/408917944419363/

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Fernando Andrés