INFJs and Enneagram | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and Enneagram

Actually, Thinking about it, I could either be a 1w2 or a 6w5. It's hard to tell because 1s, 2s, and 6s form a triad of types dominated by their Superego. Given my anxiety issues and tendency towards self-doubt I'm actually thinking that I'm more likely a 6w5.

Uuuuh, hi there. Fellow 6w5 here, and I have to say it ticks me a lot.

My observation tells me that my 6 nature and my INFJ way have contrasted quite a lot of times. It's a messy combinations, really.

I believe in growth, but am driven towards convenience.
I believe in altruism, but am driven towards egoism (a.k.a saving one's ass first.)
I believe in compassion, but I feel like it'd draw attention towards me and thus, I backed out.

It both worked together on a very singular topic; skepticism. BOY am I skeptic.

hm. i tested as a 2w1. am i the only one?

having a 'favorite' personality type is kind of pointless isn't it? if you like some aspect of a particular type, there's nothing stopping you from cultivating those same traits in yourself.

anyway, i think i'm a five on the enneagram, though i don't really have as much faith in the enneagram theory as i do in the mbti theory (won't go into why right now).

I'm a 4w5 and it's as much an honor as a sentence. The greener pastures are only in our heads.

Reactions: Littlelissa
Ditto! I'm very much a skeptic, too!

Hmmm; really? Are you?

Can you tell me such instances where you showed your skepticism?
*wink*

I just retook the tests and got very confusing results...when i first took it 2 years ago i was a 2w1

now I am either a 4w5 6w5 or 5w2...*shrug*

The first time I remember taking it I tied in 4 and 5 and was not far behind in 9. the last time I was a bit more 5 than 4, so I guess 5w4 fits me best. (I am of course INTP, not INFJ.)

yeah, i've been wondering about scoring trends with enneagram with different types too, especially INFJ. i type 4w3 (i think that's what the wing was) so no really surprise there according to your OP.

When I took the test recently, I got 6w5 too. But when I took the test in college, I think I was a 5 or 4. I don't know as much about the enneagram as I do about MBTI, but I am wondering if a lot more people during this recession have been testing as 6...I know for me, as someone in their 20s who is trying to get settled, make a living, etc. that those questions about "How much do you value safety and security" are pretty high, just because our nation is on the cusp of having the large middle class forced into poverty. Right now, many people are not even getting their basic needs met because the US has lost so many jobs right and left, and job growth cannot keep up with the glut of people entering the labor force.

I'm an 8w7... are there any other 8's around? (But we are awesome, so I'm ok with it. It just seems rare).

4, fits. Second highest score was 5. It was an internet test and I'm not sure I trust its source, but both fit pretty well.

Rory, I wouldn't let a score on a test define you. Do whatever you feel is right for *you* as an individual.

As said here:
having a 'favorite' personality type is kind of pointless isn't it? if you like some aspect of a particular type, there's nothing stopping you from cultivating those same traits in yourself.

Last edited:
...I do not believe the "correlation" with enneagram can be relied upon at all, my test results are consistently INFJ and enneagram type 5. In actuality, I find that 4's can be too emotional and erratic, and often let their emotions get the better of them, that is not really the same as being INFJ.

...I do not believe the "correlation" with enneagram can be relied upon at all, my test results are consistently INFJ and enneagram type 5. In actuality, I find that 4's can be too emotional and erratic, and often let their emotions get the better of them, that is not really the same as being INFJ.
I agree - they're not the same thing at all, so no correlation should be drawn.

I test as 9w1, which is apparently not a good match for INFJ. But if you think about it, it works ^^

I noticed, that most of INFJs are Fours on Enneagram.It comes naturally. Few INFJs are Ones or Fives.Thats fine. But I am INFJ and 6w5. I am really pissed. Why me?! I suppose, that INFJs are not so compatible with type Six. I think, that type Six is more suited for Sensors like ISFPs, ESFPs or ISFJs, not for so rare and precious INFJs. I have been so proud to be INFJ and still I am, but 6w5?!!! Its strange. Do you think that even Sixs can be smart? Because my father and grandmother/ both ISFP and 6w7/ are not very brainy. I am afraid, that I am not smarter. Do you know, why is possible to be 6w5 INFJ?! Because I think, that it is bad accident. Someone wants punish me!
How I wish I could be Four. I envy you Fours.

Knowing your type just to help you to get to know yourself better, it does not change you. You are what you are. Your Enneagram type does not change your personality, or make you smarter or less smart, more sensitive or less sensitive, more intuitive or less intuitive...

You need to be able to accept yourself, including the good and bad of yourself, regardless of what Enneagram type you are. Every type have their own issues, no one type is better than the other.

:ranger:

I think, that if I could be Four, my life would be much better.
I doubt if the Fours would agree with that...a better life...

:violin:

Five is cool.
They probably sometimes look that way...but I think you are only looking at the types from the outside in...

:m093:

I noticed, that most of INFJs are Fours on Enneagram.It comes naturally. Few INFJs are Ones or Fives.Thats fine. But I am INFJ and 6w5. I am really pissed. Why me?! I suppose, that INFJs are not so compatible with type Six. I think, that type Six is more suited for Sensors like ISFPs, ESFPs or ISFJs, not for so rare and precious INFJs. I have been so proud to be INFJ and still I am, but 6w5?!!! Its strange. Do you think that even Sixs can be smart? Because my father and grandmother/ both ISFP and 6w7/ are not very brainy. I am afraid, that I am not smarter. Do you know, why is possible to be 6w5 INFJ?! Because I think, that it is bad accident. Someone wants punish me!
How I wish I could be Four. I envy you Fours.

I think it depends a bit on what test you take. I am a 4w2, but on similar minds test I am a 9. ??? Not all tests are the same. I thought 6 sounded pretty good. :)