INFJS and Dogs | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJS and Dogs

I am INFJ + pro-dog. I would not want to imagine life without them. They are so absolutely full of joy.

A.jpg

Inside.

C.jpg

Outside.

I have no strong feelings either way, although I used to dislike them to an extent (in the past).

I'd be willing to be everyone who is pro-dog here grew up with one. In such cases, it's not surprising that you'd like them.

I gotta think the OP is trolling because:

hates pets, but doesnt mind cats or pirrannas.

would kill dogs for free but not for money.

Believes rivers have rights.

I think some dogs are very cute and extremely cool animals - but I'm terrified at dogs. I know it's an irrational fear, and that dogs aren't the type of animal that would attack for no reason. But I'm still terrified of them. I think it's because that I can't figure them out, and their teeth are way too strong for my liking. So if you have a dog and want me to come over to your place, expect me to be on my toes all day :D

I love dogs. I was chased and nearly mauled by one when I was younger but I don't blame dogs in general for that incident. While I've never owned one, I've lived with people who did and I find they are one of the best companions you'll ever have.

Vicarious;641206. Dogs who bite or are viscous are TAUGHT to be that way said:
Not entirely true, each dog has his or her own personality. I've known some vicious canines who had very kind owners.

Dude pitbulls aren't more violent than poodles, in fact no breed is inherently meaner than another. I'm not lying look it up on Google. :p

I also like dogs. I prefer it when they are housebroken and do not lick me too much, but I really like them, I just do not like cleaning up after them. I was bitten once by a cocker spaniel when I tried to kiss it on the mouth (which turned out to be a very bad idea; I was 4 and didn't know any better, and I am now completely creeped out by people who french kiss their dogs, that's just nasty, IMO), still, I have no phobias or anything. I do prefer smaller dogs for the simple reason that a mad Chihuahua is going to do far less damage than a mad pitbull. In this case I am using "mad" to mean "angry", not "rabid". But yes, generally pro-dog here.

I adore dogs. Not fond of cats but probably because I am allergic to them. I did have a stray as a kid. But Dogs are by far my favorite animals. They fit together with humans better than any other animals.

I'm not INFJ but I love dogs. My pug is not smelly or loud, he doesn't slobber, very rarely barks and if you so much as looked at him wrong, I'd beat the living snot out of you much like I would if someone said the same things about one of my children. You are making some seriously retarded generalizations. Dogs who bite or are viscous are TAUGHT to be that way, so blame the owner, not the dog. Either you have some serious problems, or obvious troll is obvious.

I love pugs!!! They're smart as fuck.

Reactions: Kgal
I've enjoyed all the dog lovers' assertions of pure joy in their pooches, and especially liked the pictures of the Corgis. I also liked the homeless and servicemen with their dogs. It does look like a serious cross-species attachment has been made. It has never been made by me, but perhaps this is my failing. I did also enjoy the one person who said that they too were frightened of dogs. There is a name for it: cyanophobic. I am an acute case. Once while walking through town a woman was walking with a Doberman toward me and the sidewalk was quite small. I tried very hard to be brave and smile but I actually fainted as I passed the dog and fell into the street. This dog thing is a serious problem for me. I live in terror of dogs. When I go to my brother's house his Labrador comes bounding out to greet me, and jumps on me, tearing tiny holes in the fabric of my clothing and leaving slobber marks that I cannot really stand, but that is only the least part of this. It's the sheer terror I feel and must hide. I don't know, maybe there are some people who are frightened of babies or frightened of plants. For them, it would be even less socially acceptable, and more laughable. I know that most people think of dogs as just fine. I think of them as demented wolves repackaged as Goofy Gus, a sort of Wayne Gacy in clown costume in animal format which most people think of as their best friend. I find them alarming. Even chihuahuas can mate with wolves and produce offspring which proves they are the same species. At any rate, I enjoyed all the responses, especially the photographs of those who do get along with dogs, and find deep comfort in them. I didn't understand the violent remarks toward me, or the INFP who said he would kill me if I didn't completely love his dogs. That just struck me as really crazy and quite illegal. You can't just beat someone up because they're scared of your dog.

...i like dogs...

beautiful corgis [MENTION=5927]Patrick Williams[/MENTION];

You can't just beat someone up because they're scared of your dog.

Just like you can't get rid of all dogs just because you're scared of them.

Sounds like you need to learn some coping skills so you won't have so many problemz.

You can't just beat someone up because they're scared of your dog.

That is probably one reason they have a dog, so you cant beat them up for revoking the rights of rivers.

Reactions: acd
That is probably one reason they have a dog, so you cant beat them up for revoking the rights of rivers.

Beavers are the root of all problemz; messing with the rivers right to flow the way it wants to go. I'm scared of them. This world is a sick, sad place. I just can't cope with it all.

Beavers are the root of all problemz; messing with the rivers right to flow the way it wants to go. I'm scared of them. This world is a sick, sad place. I just can't cope with it all.

Im upset.

Read remark #15 if you wanted to know which person I meant who said they would beat me up if I didn't look adoringly at their pug, and said they would do the same thing to anyone who didn't look adoringly at their children. I don't think this is legal. People are entitled to their own feelings, and they don't have to love your dogs or children or face getting massacred. Life would be a lot easier for me if dogs were removed from urban and suburban and rural areas and were only allowed to live in zoos. However, they are legal, so I deal with it. But I don't think just because someone is seriously terrified of dogs that they should be beaten up. How does that help me if I get beat up? I never would hurt a dog. I just wouldn't do it because it's illegal and I know people love their dogs and derive immense joy from them. I just don't. In other ways I am quite normal. I don't even think anyone really knows how much I hate dogs, and live in dread of them. I put it out here because I wondered if other INFJs felt this way. I think I might enjoy throwing a stick with a dog. I might even enjoy going for a hike with one. But I would definitely keep my eye on it the whole time. Some people have even weirder pets. Some people keep cougars or there is the lady who had the chimpanzee who one day ripped half her face off. People have this sentimental notion of nature. But animals were given strength so as to survive. It's not like it's Disney world. Even Porpoises are not exactly purpose-driven. They rape the female in most cases. Animals are very strange, but people don't pay attention to this. I like piranhas because they don't have any PR driven falsehoods that might turn them into something loveable. I like pteradactyls and the T. Rex for the same reason. They are what they are. I think of people like this, too. There is a very thin veneer of civilization. Underneath that, God knows what we're dealing with. All I know is that the other animals don't stand a chance. Originally the pact with wolves was meant to help us hunt down extra calories. People have turned this into a picnic. I love it, but I don't believe it. Meanwhile, I loved all the pictures, especially those Corgis!

I have always liked dogs, and animals in general. There would be an empty spot in my life without them.

I hate dogs. I was often chased and bitten as a paperboy (delivering papers at 3 am for six years and having to bring a baseball bat to ward off dogs).

They probably sense your fear, anger, and hatred towards them.

I too delivered papers in the middle of the night for a couple of years back in the 90's.
I never had too much trouble with the dogs I would come across. (Raccoons on the other hand..)
There was one German Shepard that initially wouldn't let me near a particular house. I worked on befriending him though by bringing some dog treats from home. Took a little time, but eventually we became buds.

You make it sound like dogs are the bane of your existence. I'm sure dogs don't have anything against you, so why are you taking your frustration out on them? If you sincerely hate them so much, why are you watching the animal planet? Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but you are making generalized assumptions about dogs that simply are not true. Most dogs will not attack you for the hell of it, unless they were raised poorly, or abused.

I was bitten by a small dog on my shoulder when I was a kid. It was traumatic, but I soon realized that this dog responded in this way, because my cousins were mean to it. I have nothing against dogs. A dogs behavior entirely depends on its personality and how it was raised. I would love to own a dog one day. I love Huskies and German Shepherds.