INFJs and birthdays | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and birthdays

I don't like my birthday. I hate the attention, and I'd rather not celebrate it half the time. I do like when people acknowledge it, but a party? No thanks. I'd rather not be the center of attention unless I'm preforming.

I have never planned anything big for my birthday. I sometimes go to the movie with my sister or have a "special" dinner with my parents, only coz they insist that I celebrate it. But if it was up to me, it would always go by like any other day.

Not because I don't like it, I just don't see it to be that important. I like it when people remember it tho and wish me a happy one. :smile:

I never celebrate my birthday, its all pressure, its just embarrasing, if you don't come up with some big grand plans, when your in your early 20s with limos and 20 other hoes, girls look at you cock eyed when you tell them about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

My last birthday on July 20 was perhaps the worst day of my life. I turned 26 a week after my fiance dumped me for another guy. What was there to celebrate? If I was say 35, I could make a logical argument that my life is half-over which lately, would feel like a good thing. At 26, I'm just closer to 30 with only one significant relationship in my life that fell totally apart.

I -hate- celebrating it. For my 30th birthday, I'm likely just going to tell my family that it will not be celebrated and I'll hide somewhere for the day.

Birthdays are a big deal with my family (especially the extroverts in my extended family). I personally hate celebrating my own birthday, but in order to not be inconsiderate to them, I never say anything about it.

I've always looked forward to my birthday (more so as a child than now) with eager anticipation. I've always wanted it to be some grand event, but year after year, I find a reason to be disappointed with it to the point where I say, "I hate this, I don't want to celebrate next year." But then my birthday comes around again...

I'm 30 in two months :m077:

I haven't done anything for my last few birthdays but I think one of my friends at work is planning a surprise party for this one.

I hate birthdays, christmas, easter, etc etc.

All traditions can kiss my arse.

Apart from bank holidays as you just get a day off work and don't have to do antything else like buy someone you don't even like a present that they don't even want

I'm 30 in two months :m077:

I haven't done anything for my last few birthdays but I think one of my friends at work is planning a surprise party for this one.

I hate birthdays, christmas, easter, etc etc.

All traditions can kiss my arse.

Apart from bank holidays as you just get a day off work and don't have to do antything else like buy someone you don't even like a present that they don't even want

Why buy presents for people you don't like?

My last birthday on July 20 was perhaps the worst day of my life. I turned 26 a week after my fiance dumped me for another guy. What was there to celebrate? If I was say 35, I could make a logical argument that my life is half-over which lately, would feel like a good thing. At 26, I'm just closer to 30 with only one significant relationship in my life that fell totally apart.

I -hate- celebrating it. For my 30th birthday, I'm likely just going to tell my family that it will not be celebrated and I'll hide somewhere for the day.

cheer up! a relationship can teach you a lot without you even knowing, and heaps can happen in four years.

I have a big family and a lot of them are douchebags

I have a big family too. I only get presents for my immediate family though. Fuck everybody else (not literally ofcourse).

Tbh I love giving presents.