INFJ - what job do you do? Are you happy and fulfilled? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

INFJ - what job do you do? Are you happy and fulfilled?

When you keep remortgaging things, and kicking the can down the road, taking prime cuts as you go, at some point the bill comes due, and the young’uns are left with diddly-squat.

Yep, ’murica!
Winner.gif

Sick Sad World,
Ian

Very and it is pretty wild how some personality types are onboard with this while it all deteriorates. Pretty obvious that the current civilization will go the way of Rome and Babylon before long so all we get is front row seats for when it all burns down.

I work in an Autism Clinic. I'm a behavioral therapist. My job is very fulfilling and rewarding.

The company I work for is exceptional. They make so many policy exceptions for good therapists. The supervisors are amazing and the work environment is positive. I am very happy.

My bad days are always my own fault. I have medical issues that make me really crazy/snappy/moody/fatigued/easily overstimulated on some days. And they always understand that I can't work under those conditions, so I take a leave. I've missed so much work over this last year, that I should have been fired by now, but they won't let me go and they never make me feel bad about not coming in, so long as it's legitimate reasoning.

I've thought about leaving (because it can be mentally draining sometimes). But really, I know I'll never find such a positive and supporting work environment such as the one I'm in.

I love my clients, and I love being their therapist. I love my coworkers. My direct supervisor is a light in this world. It is truly fulfilling. And the days I may feel otherwise is due to my own physiological issues. Bleh.

Don't forget they take taxes out of Social Security. When you go on SS early, Obama Care will count your SS as income. That makes how much health insurance you have to pay go up. Strike two off the bat. Don't forget penalties and interest if you don't pay estimated taxes. You may have to pray you can downsize. Once you get 65, you need to get a wonderful insurance policy, because SS will not do it after it is sliced up. Cost of living goes up. Cutting the grass, going somewhere in your vehicle, going boating...how about how they cut the weights at the grocery store to keep the prices the same, while on other things they just hike the prices up higher. While people are paying almost twice the money for gas, they figured it would help by going up on the interest rate. Businesses and corporations are closing almost weekly.
That's all I have to say about it now.

Utilities to pay, water bill, trash bill, phone bill: don't forget all the copays for medical bills and drugs: do add this in. Hard to count on a part-time job's small paycheck if you get ill. All of a sudden, your wife cannot work.

There are so many things that can go wrong. Tree fall on your roof? Car accident? Parent care? New roof? Priced one lately? Sabotaged truck tire? Redo your budget.

Last edited:
When there isn't enough pressure for jobs from immigration and delayed career advancement the millionaires and the billionaires want the retired poor back on the plantations.

Reactions: aeon
("nobody wants to work anymore" newspaper clippings)

I have seen this meme going around, and I share the hearty chuckle. However, newspaper columnists can write whatever they want, and you can find any given take in any given year if you search hard enough. The thing about "willingness to work" is that we have actual data on this: In the US, for example, the government publishes a statistic called the workforce participation rate:

Screenshot from 2022-07-23 16-07-28.png

As you can see, workforce participation did decline during the pandemic, and while it has recovered, it hasn't recovered all the way. And this is at the tail end of what was already a long period of declining workforce participation.

One can argue that the workforce participation rate is an imperfect indicator of will to work, but I would be willing to bet that any other indicator you can come up with will show a similar long-term trend.

Now, it would be hasty to attribute the decline in people's workforce participation to mere laziness: it's true that a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to, and this can only deflate the willingness of people who were already on the margin to seek out a job. But it would be equally wrong to assume that the labor shortage is just "noise" drummed up by companies who want to offer people low wages. When inflation is high, like it is now, companies feel the cash crunch too, because all of the things they need to pay for in the course of their operations also get more expensive.

And contrary to popular belief, most companies don't just keep vast amounts of cash on reserve so that they can offer people competitive wages when the economy does the thing it just did. Shareholders would riot! A company with extra cash sitting around is a company that is shortchanging its investors.

I have seen this meme going around, and I share the hearty chuckle. However, newspaper columnists can write whatever they want, and you can find any given take in any given year if you search hard enough. The thing about "willingness to work" is that we have actual data on this: In the US, for example, the government publishes a statistic called the workforce participation rate:

View attachment 88909

As you can see, workforce participation did decline during the pandemic, and while it has recovered, it hasn't recovered all the way. And this is at the tail end of what was already a long period of declining workforce participation.

One can argue that the workforce participation rate is an imperfect indicator of will to work, but I would be willing to bet that any other indicator you can come up with will show a similar long-term trend.

Now, it would be hasty to attribute the decline in people's workforce participation to mere laziness: it's true that a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to, and this can only deflate the willingness of people who were already on the margin to seek out a job. But it would be equally wrong to assume that the labor shortage is just "noise" drummed up by companies who want to offer people low wages. When inflation is high, like it is now, companies feel the cash crunch too, because all of the things they need to pay for in the course of their operations also get more expensive.

And contrary to popular belief, most companies don't just keep vast amounts of cash on reserve so that they can offer people competitive wages when the economy does the thing it just did. Shareholders would riot! A company with extra cash sitting around is a company that is shortchanging its investors.

Shrug why work to make someone else wealthy while getting only crumbs in return so can't blame people for giving up especially those with very little to live for as far as the usual things are concerned.

Unable to work right now, but once my health is better I plan to return to school in Austria and pursue my long term ambitions in academia and art. Before then, I'd like to get a job in the local aquarium store because I like fish and water. I want to be a Jungian analyst with my own private practice, and I have a lot of ideas I want to publish. Maybe my art will gain a small audience, but that's mostly for myself. I have a huge number of plans and interests, and i love mastering new things, so i really need a highly stimulating life, both in mind and body. Analytical psychology is the only career that would actually satisfy me.

Reactions: Elder and aeon

View attachment 88909

The whole idea of companies being the bad guys exploiting people is stupid. How is it company's fault that prices of all desirable things are going up, so the wages they're paying their employees are worth less in real terms?

If you exclude big tech companies, most companies have terrible margins + are getting squeezed even more now.

This is not 18/19th century anymore where labor was the main input into production.

Reactions: Elder
tNqc5PH.jpg