INFJ - what job do you do? Are you happy and fulfilled? | INFJ Forum

INFJ - what job do you do? Are you happy and fulfilled?

Bizzy Bi

Two
Sep 25, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Hi I am new to this site and appolgise because I am sure you've had this question posted many a time before but I am really interested if you could tell me what job you do, and if you are fulfilled by it.

I have worked in a health analyst job for 5 years, I have a primary and secondary degree and other qualifications, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I have recently left to UK to move to Austalia, and now I have no job I am taking the time to re-evaluate what I want to do.

So I wondered what other INFJs do and if they are happy, selfishly so I can see if it would suit me!!

Oh Hai Thar :D

ShaiGar_INFJ_Womenz_Beware.jpg

Where about in Australia?

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I'm not currently employed, but I am quite happy.

Hi I am new to this site and appolgise because I am sure you've had this question posted many a time before but I am really interested if you could tell me what job you do, and if you are fulfilled by it.

I have worked in a health analyst job for 5 years, I have a primary and secondary degree and other qualifications, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I have recently left to UK to move to Austalia, and now I have no job I am taking the time to re-evaluate what I want to do.

So I wondered what other INFJs do and if they are happy, selfishly so I can see if it would suit me!!

I'm in health care as well! Nurse. Though I think it may be to hard on the INFJ soul-I'm far too sensitive, both for myself and for my patients.

I think we do well as advocates for others. My best day is when I can just sit with a patient and hold their hand, comfort a patient/family member, actively promote a major and positive change. Robots will eventually be able to do everything else I do, but they can never be taught empathy and love.

I am unemployed and not an INFJ. :p I am getting a degree in fine arts and I want to do screen printing for a job. I HATE FACTORIES! :p

Pray tell, I wonder why ! ! !

Interior Desiger. Love it. Work from home. My website is all about helping people understand their unique style, defining it and creating a harmonious, functioning environment.

Retook the test...It appears that I am equally an INFJ and INFP. Counselor and Healer.

I'll eventually need to get a job in the real world and am avoiding it.

I'm a full time mother, a part time wife (husband works onsite away from home 6 days a week since August and until December, and travels extensively always), with 7 pets and a big house that seems to be perpetually awash in pet hair.

In theory, it's what I want to do; I'm happier than I was in a corporate environment, though I somehow feel far less "powerful". I can't honestly say I feel happy. I can't honestly say I feel fulfilled... but I do feel competent and successful, albeit a bit taken for granted. This life tends to exacerbate my "wandering off in my mind" spells far more than working outside of the house did, but I MUCH prefer the limited human contact.

My greatest concern - at this point in my life - is that I have no idea whatsoever what WOULD make me feel happy and fulfilled, and that is very disconcerting.

Starving Artist. :p

interior designer would be an awesome job!

the closest thing i have to a job right now is singing for a band. otherwise... i'm currently taking theology at uni - wish i got paid for it, though :D

I'm currently an administrator. But I don't like it. I dropped out of my masters degree last year (impulsive decision making...made the wrong choice!) I am working to build up a writing portfolio in my spare time. Writing scripts for independent productions companies and stuff like that. Writing would be my dream job.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I'm currently a year 12 student...but I would like to study law/politics & international relations. So hopefully end up working in a legal profession...or get involved in humanitarian endeavours.

Let's see what happens!

Reactions: Spidertrader
bump

Tourism and real estate. Not fulfilled atm cause the season is dead and my back aches sitting around all day. I actually prefer doing less social effort-requiring tasks like picking people up and driving them around to tryingf to sell or rent out a property to a potential customer.

Makes me think long distance truck driver would be for me. In Canada.

I'm still studying but a part time lifeguard.
its not particularly exciting but at least it gives me some cash to spend and the people there are nice.

I'd like to be a travel photographer though. that or an IO psychologist

Reactions: Spidertrader
I work in information systems. Recently got a job with a defense contractor overseas. For the most part I like working with computers/networks. There's always a solution to everything and quite a bit of outside duh box thinking.

My dream job would be to be an inventor of useful gadgets and innovative solutions to common problems.

Or a fighter pilot B)

Last edited:
Reactions: Winter Memories
I'm a Chartered Accountant. I've been working in audit for the past few years. It's been challenging, and definitely educational, but I wouldn't call it "fulfilling" work. I'm thinking of moving into the non-profit or government sectors, because I'd like to do something that makes more of a difference.