INFJ Men and Babies | INFJ Forum

INFJ Men and Babies

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Kappacity, Jul 11, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
More threads by Kappacity
  1. Kappacity

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I avoid babies to the extreme. I do this because they are prone to do gross things, but more importantly, they are simply too much of a responsibility, which I find a burden when around them, like I worry too much about all the ways they can damage themselves.

So I am asking other INFJ men to let me know if you're pro-baby or if you're aloof to them as I am.

2. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

Just say no.

3. invisible

On Holiday

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    none
    i don't want to hurt them! what if i say the wrong thing and scar them for life!

4. Questingpoet

Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I've raised 5, so that would be a No! I did have a similar attitude to yours when I was young. Never really wanted to be around them or had any interest in them. Attitudes change with time my friend.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Skathac

Skathac <font color=#27A601>Community Member</font>

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Babies and children tend to love me, I know I used to be deathly afraid whenever a mother would hand me their baby for a moment...they are so delicate, in my arms they look so tiny ><

Even though I have none I know they are our future, so I figure if I have any interaction with a child then I need to make sure it is a good experience for them. Plus I just can't help but get the ooohs and awwws from little babies, I get to be overly expressive with my face...get them to smiling and then inevitably they grab a fistfull of my beard or goatee.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. IndigoSensor

IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    I agree with the OP, I also can't stand babies for the exact reasons said. They eat sleep poop and cry, that's it. I have never liked babies and I dont think I ever will. I want to have a child of my own one day, but the problem is I don't know if I could do the baby thing for a year. I'd want to give it up.

7. Lerxst

Lerxst Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Other people's babies - yes. I want to be involved from point A - Z, not catch a brief moment of their life. There are certina morals and lessons I'd teach my kids right from the start that I'm not able to do with someone else's... at least not without them screaming their heads off and threatening me!

8. gloomy-optimist

gloomy-optimist Used to live here

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxJ
    Enneagram:
    4w3
    I think it's different when dealing with a different child versus dealing with your own. I get uncomfortable around other people's babies, though I know I would really love my own.
    Although I'm not male. So whatever.

9. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Other peoples babies are screaming red little flesh mounds.

10. gloomy-optimist

gloomy-optimist Used to live here

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxJ
    Enneagram:
    4w3
    They are. Fuck other peoples' babies.

But I tell you, my baby is going to be a cute cherub of joy and happiness.

11. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Our baby.

12. Daeledin

Daeledin <font color=#575EC1>NVs Fanboi</font>

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I'm the same as Skathac with the fear of hurting babies while holding them. Especially a newborn since they won't support their own head while you hold. You need to steady their head while letting them loll it and breathe. That scares me the most. As far as the 'disgusting things' go; wear a shirt you don't mind it getting dirty.

My cousin actually had her first child last March during spring break and I couldn't have been more giddy to get to hold little Emily in my arms. Her whole hand couldn't even wrap around my pinkie. But with how much I'm away from my family I probably won't even get to see her (or any of my other baby cousins) until the winter holidays.

Blind Bandit likes this.
  13. magister343

magister343 Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    stupid system (5w4)
    I typically don't mind babies themselves, but cannot stand the way so many adults make fools of themselves when they are near.

Adults should not feel the need to constantly entertain the little ones, and should never use baby voices (these are annoying in themselves, they make it take longer for infants to lean to talk properly, and make children's voices higher and more annoying). I tend to be a calming influence around young children, but I don't like the short attention spans engendered by those constantly trying to arouse a child's interest.

I would not such mind babies as I once was. I always had a long attention span, and was quiet but friendly. I never cried for attention, food, or changing, although i did sometimes cry in the bath due to pain from the soapy water irritating the circumcision. I started speaking at 5 months old, was using complete sentences by 7 months, and while my pronunciation was not yet perfect I was making literary allusions at 9 months old. (The most repeated example is that when I at that age saw my dad running up a hill as part of a marathon I said "Huh, that daddy-man shu-shu twain tink he can," in reference to The Little Engine That Could.) I was strong enough to roll over at one day old, but took a while to develop other motor skills. I did however learn to walk (with a hand on the wall for support) several months before I could crawl.

14. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Do they make ballgags for babies?

Those rednoses from red nose day would make a good ballgag, they already have elastic.

15. christmas

christmas is such a boss bitch.
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I'm not a menz, but other people's babies make me nervous.

16. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Steering By The Stars

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I know an INFJ male who will never have children. He

Blind Bandit likes this.
  17. Flavus Aquila

Flavus Aquila Finding My Place in the Sun
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ - A
    Enneagram:
    I'm very baby-shy. I, like a couple of other posters, am anxious about hurting them accidentally. I love it, however, when someone else is holding a baby and that baby takes a liking/fascination with me - they really are sooooo cute.

I don't think I'll ever have children of my own - not because I dislike children, but because I don't think I would make a good father.

#17 Flavus Aquila, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  18. flowerz

flowerz Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    baby talk

The 2nd part of your post is obviously facetious, but I can't tell if the 1st part is also...

That "annoying" baby voice you speak of it called motherese. It occurs in all cultures and is a very common and natural way to interact with infants. It has no negative effect on their language development. As for "constantly entertaining" them - this is how humans develop, learn language, nonverbal skills, everything.

19. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Bah, I can't stand that annoying baby language either. It seems most 14 - 22 year olds type using it.

20. 88chaz88

88chaz88 Back for a limited time only
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    You may want to rephrase that.