INFJ kryptonite

Wyst

Are you there?
Jun 30, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJs definitely have a lot of great qualities and strengths but they also have some weaknesses.

Let's talk about what some of the weaknesses INFJs have and especially what THE mega-kryptonite for the INFJ is/might be.

INFJs tend to spend so much time living their lives in a thought life/fantasy world that's in the future, it's difficult for them to be in the here and now without being disappointed by it. Reality will never measure up to fantasy.

great thread...Im feeling as if I have a chunk of kryptonite in my pocket today...

I think seeing loved ones down is another one...down in a way we cant fix...

Extreme isolation can lead to solipsism.

Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
Any kind of conversation that doesn't involve philosophy or silliness

Any kind of conversation that doesn't involve philosophy or silliness

lol really? i hate philosophical conversations and shun general silliness... but on the topic of conversations...

I think coversations that involve politics or convos with potential for confrontation would be stuff an INFJ would tend to shy away from.

conflict...

Rumination

I don't mind conflict so long as all parties are being reasonable. If someone is intentionally twisting someones words and has no intention of coming to an amicable solution (especially if it's aimed at someone other than me) that drives me crazy.

Even then I don't shy away from it. I generally put said person well and truly in their place.

Someone the other day said something along the lines of "if you put a 100 INFJ's in a room together you will have 100 different personalities"

This is becoming more and more apparent

We're like caulk; we fill gaps. Personally, I think this is a virtue rather than a vice.

Reality will never measure up to fantasy.

I agree with this one wholeheartedly.

I can think of a slew of weaknesses that I have, and I'm sure a lot of them are consistent with the INFJ personality type. This is the one I struggle with the most, though, and it affects me in so many different ways. It can cause me to ignore reality, keep people at a distance, start to give up on people when they don't really deserve it, become seriously discouraged when I find that my goals have been set too high.... It's also a bit depressing when you wake up on Christmas morning and go, ... this is it?

this hits it right on the spot for me. i have the next 80 years of my life planned, but i have the hardest time being present in the now. but then again, having the IN_J, our MBTI is as distant from the now as is possible. seems like it is an ingrained trait :(. when i try, i only manage stay in the present for a few minutes at a time, and then i am exhausted.

Any INFJs out there believe they are unlovable? Not in the 'cute, warm, and fuzzy way', I mean do you believe 'No one will ever choose/want me'.

Obviously this wouldn't be unique to INFJs. But given their propensity to isolate, spend time in thought life instead of the realworld, AND a hefty fear of rejection (as the rejector/rejectee) I think that feeling like you'll never be wanted/chosen would be especially tough for an INFJ.

In my opinion, INFJ kryptonite is the failure of all of the INFJs plans with no remediation. Strip an INFJ of all of their potential ways to grow and move forward, and watch them shrivel.

Reactions: Gaze
In my opinion, INFJ kryptonite is the failure of all of the INFJs plans with no remediation. Strip an INFJ of all of their potential ways to grow and move forward, and watch them shrivel.

I'm going through this right now.

I've realized that most of my plans were too rooted in fantasy, and a few others were too reliant upon others.

I've been left with almost no direction whatsoever, and it is terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: WaeV and rawr
Any INFJs out there believe they are unlovable? Not in the 'cute, warm, and fuzzy way', I mean do you believe 'No one will ever choose/want me'.

Obviously this wouldn't be unique to INFJs. But given their propensity to isolate, spend time in thought life instead of the realworld, AND a hefty fear of rejection (as the rejector/rejectee) I think that feeling like you'll never be wanted/chosen would be especially tough for an INFJ.

i have never felt deserving of love, always dreamt of the smarmy romantical love...I kinda still feel that way, even though I am married...*shrug* I dont know if that helped...

Well, can't say whether "I'm unlovable." Maybe a bit difficult to understand sometimes, but too much rejection, especially if you are a very sensitive person, can make you question your worthiness.

That's a boat load of kryptonite right there. :m052:

Last edited:
I'm going through this right now.

I've realized that most of my plans were too rooted in fantasy, and a few others were too reliant upon others.

I've been left with almost no direction whatsoever, and it is terrible.

Me, too, Nobleheart. I literally just go to bed I'm so tired now. It really is kryptonite. I'm hoping things will start looking up this summer. If you want to discuss how to make new plans, maybe we could have a think tank sometime.