INFJ going crazy | INFJ Forum

INFJ going crazy

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
What is you at your worst, when you are "going crazy"? Do you scream and yell, do you get frustrated, do you get agitated and restless, do you become extremely productive, do you drink a lot, do you break down and cry? Has you going crazy changed over time as you have developed, or have you continued going crazy the same way but learned how to deal with it more adaptively?

I don't 'go crazy'. That's how I deal with difficulties.

However, when times get tough, I console myself by wiping the smirk of people's faces at any opportunity.

I don't 'go crazy'. That's how I deal with difficulties.

However, when times get tough, I console myself by wiping the smirk of people's faces at any opportunity.
^This.

I would also like to add that I get rather bitingly sarcastic and blunt with people.

I don't "go crazy" that often, though I did quite a bit when I was younger.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that I go crazy. But...

I do a mixture of things depending on how bad I am. There used to be a time where I got so frustrated and angry that I would cry for ages. But that was when I was younger. xD
Now... I tend to get a really twitchy leg if I'm feeling meh. I used to go out into wide and open areas and scream, which was a good release, but I stopped doing that. xD
But now it's mostly a twitchy leg.... xD

so, when you two go crazy, you tend to lash out at people in a sort of righteous anger? isn't that kind of going crazy in a way?

i would also suggest, that if you think you don't go crazy, you simply haven't been exposed to a lot of hardship in life, or at least the kind of difficulties that would make you go crazy. i'm pretty sure that as a general rule there is no "nervous personality" or "weaker type individual", and that anyone can break under enough abuse, or the correct trigger.

Tbh, you need to define what "crazy" is.

In any case, i become very much like this:

^This.

I would also like to add that I get rather bitingly sarcastic and blunt with people.

so, when you two go crazy, you tend to lash out at people in a sort of righteous anger? isn't that kind of going crazy in a way?

i would also suggest, that if you think you don't go crazy, you simply haven't been exposed to a lot of hardship in life, or at least the kind of difficulties that would make you go crazy. i'm pretty sure that as a general rule there is no "nervous personality" or "weaker type individual", and that anyone can break under enough abuse, or the correct trigger.

[MENTION=309]ceri[/MENTION]; "Going crazy" would seem to be contrary to remaining sane, keeping a level head, keeping one's wits, not being overwhelmed by emotions, acting logically, etc.

[MENTION=1814]invisible[/MENTION]; I don't think I 'go crazy' - I had tantrums as a kid, and even in my late teens there would be times I was so angry I would kind of lose control. However, these things don't seem pressing - nor does lashing out. When times get tough, I start analysing, assessing, judging - these things keep me calm when others seem to go to pieces. Then comes the planning, allocating, implementing.

While unpleasant situations are unpleasant; dealing with them often is very satisfying - especially when smirks are wiped off faces. Most serious problems are caused by difficult individuals who get some satisfaction in creating difficulty. If you outwit them, their satisfaction is very quickly turned to distress, sorrow, anger, rage, etc., etc.

I love it. In fact I love taking care of troublemakers and problems so much, that most situations that drive others crazy actually energise me. That said, I prefer quiet and serenity without qualification.

Well, the last time i flipped a bit was when i was on holiday back at home with my family.
And they managed to really try my patience so i just told them i have had enough on waiting
on them, with a bit angry voice and walked off to get me some icecream.

But yeah, i dont really go crazy often. Did a lot more when i was youger though.

Yea my mouth turns into a razor blade and I become stupidly angrily sarcastic. If I'm being messed with physically, I'll go strait for all the weak points there too.

It depends on the situation. If enough pressure is on me I can enter a "fugue" state where I "wake up" without knowing what occurred. To be fair, though, that only happened to me once, and it was a pretty serious situation. I've blacked out in other situations, but I've only gone actually "out" due to emotional reasons that one time. When I get especially angry I'm a force to be reckoned with, I s'pose; I've seen people cringe when I'm at that level of fury.

I don't allow myself to really express my anger most of the time. If I sense that that things are going out of control, I will withdraw. I can shut just about anybody out and become very cold and distant. I have yelled and screamed a few times. I rarely cry. I just tend to walk away and think stuff out. If I am at work, I try and make it reaaallllyyyy obvious I am not in a good mood--S types rarely pick up on the vibe though and I get curt until they leave me alone.

I am 100% positive I replied to this yesterday.

but I do not see my post? O.-

regardless:

When I go "crazy" I tend to a) provoke others in a passive
aggressive manner and then twist their words to be incredibly
rude/offensive and then once things become heated because
they're pissed at me for "being a little bitch" I may yell at
them though I generally do not do this. If I do yell at them
chances are I will yell at them until I've exhausted myself
and then I collapse into a sobbing fit on the floor until I
feel better.

Usually I remain calm and just continue to manipulate their
statements and things until they become incredibly angry
and go off in a fit of anger.

b) Or I go running to avoid the scenarios above.

What is you at your worst, when you are "going crazy"? Do you scream and yell, do you get frustrated, do you get agitated and restless, do you become extremely productive, do you drink a lot, do you break down and cry? Has you going crazy changed over time as you have developed, or have you continued going crazy the same way but learned how to deal with it more adaptively?

My craziness has changed over the years significantly. As a teenager I could throw tantrums, yell and scream, but I would burn out very fast, I'm just not built for that kind of reaction, and as years passed by my craziness went into a cold and detached behaviour. People actually fear more of this version of craziness than the first one. And the way I act differs weather I'm alone or not. If I go crazy in public, then it's a cold and hard version of me, where people tend to get out of my way the moment they realise my state. I rarely yell now, most of the time that cold version of craziness seems to do the trick with people to not cross me. When I'm alone I cry it out, and I have a nasty tendency to eat it out, I'm an emotional eater, which is something I'm trying to change. Also impulsive shopping is one the things I tend to do when I get into crazy mode.

I seem to assert significantly more control over my behaviour as I grow older, which is very satisfying because I don't appreciate that impulsive streak I've got going and I don't like to lash out on people in any way, I see it as very counter productive.

I don't allow myself to really express my anger most of the time. If I sense that that things are going out of control, I will withdraw. I can shut just about anybody out and become very cold and distant. I have yelled and screamed a few times. I rarely cry. I just tend to walk away and think stuff out. If I am at work, I try and make it reaaallllyyyy obvious I am not in a good mood--S types rarely pick up on the vibe though and I get curt until they leave me alone.

This sounds familiar. I usually get really angry and put all of my energy into keeping it contained/leaving the situation. Then I just sort through the anger until I get to the root of it which is usually fear. Then I try to process the fear. I rarely express the anger part but when I do I enjoy the power of it. It's like a high and I think the addictiveness of it scares me a little which is why I'd prefer to work it out alone. It's hard to self-monitor when you're pissed.

I withdraw and self-destruct. Depending on what you consider 'crazy' I could give more specific answers based on the situation.

It really takes a lot for me to "go crazy". Usually when I get mad I am able to stay rational and calm, and I use that ability to defuse situations so as what ever the problem is it can be talked out and understood from both sides. I give the other person small concessions so they realize that I'm serious about working it out, but not enough so as to become a push-over. Granted, some people might see me as a push over in arguments because I concede things that aren't really important to me, but for some reason people often see that as a point of weakness? I don't really get how it's a weakness to meet in the middle, but I digress.

When I go crazy, I get into a frenzied rage. People generally stay out of my way when I get this way (which isn't often) and if they've done something to make me this mad they usually won't ever do it again. I yell, I say perfectly planned things to really hurt the person, and get physical if need-be. I've never been in an actual fight but the two or three times I've gotten physical I've won. It's weird though, because even if I get hit I usually won't go crazy. It really takes a lot to put me in that position, and when I am I'm not messing around.

Can't say. When I go crazy it's usually a lot of stockpiled crap that builds up - usually all related to the same thing. It's when people ignore my subtlety, don't listen to anything I say, make the exact mistakes I saw coming to begin with and get "duped" by others that I tend to "go crazy".

I turn into a very unpleasant extrovert, to say the least. And I usually know I went crazy because those aforementioned people are usually stopped dead in their tracks, with their jaws left hanging, wondering "what's my problem?" but being too afraid to say anything or else I'll bury them under a vile outburst of insults and examples of how idiotic they are.

I never feel guilty about it though....