INFJ: Gender differences | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ: Gender differences

It's because of your own intense dislike of the accepted norm, my dear. If your clothes are accepted, you instantly dislike them. If someone dissed your outfit, you'd probably wear it for a week straight, in spite of hygiene (j/k).

<shrill screaming>

Why, you little <expletives deleted>!!
humph. Inkblot. sister. Blot. <deleted>
urg.

Hygiene?

humph.

It's more of a desire not to be noticed. I like being invisible. If someone says I look nice, they can see me. I'm no longer invisible.
Though, you are right . . I do intensely DIS like the accepted norm . . but not enough to be obvious about it . .

humph.

I'd like to hear more INFJ males chime in on this thread and share what are their thoughts on what it is that constitutes a man. This isn't just a question relevant to INFJ males, but males in general, due to increasing numbers of absent fathers. How do people define what it is that consitutes a man when they don't have a father figure to look up to, though this is obviously not the case for everyone.

My perception of my success as a man has to do with my ability to implement my core values in reality, ability to uphold the responsibilities to friends, family, and humanity. The question of what it is to be a man was something that I was really interested in as I was coming out of a depressive episode two years ago. One book that was a lot of food for thought was "Fire in The Belly: On Being a Man" by Sam Keen. The next on my list is"The Father: Historical,Psychological and Cultural Perspectives."

I think the modern view of what a man is or should be the crass, selfish, aggressive, cocky, uncaring, more time for his male friends than his family, ultra-competitive macho man is so far from what a real man in my eyes should be; dignified, puts the needs of his family above all else, assertive, humble, brave and competitive but tempered with sportsmanship.

I especially hate how if a man does something nice for his partner he is considered "pussy whipped", well I'd rather take care of the needs of my partner than the needs of some immature, dickhead group of male "mates" (as we call them in New Zealand). :roll:

I find the conventional view of gender as defined by one's biological sex, and therefore polarized and binary, to be limiting and not very accurate. I resonate more with concepts of gender such as the one put forward by Martine Rothblatt in The Apartheid of Sex. There she argues that gender is made up of characteristics, such as aggression, nurturing, eroticism. Each one can be thought of as a colour blending with other colours in an individual, depending on how much of each characteristic that person has. The gender "colouring" of each person, I believe, is as unique as the personality.

I don't know much about the INFJ sides of stuff since I'm new to this but I find that it's really hard from society as a male INFJ.

I'm not sure so much about outside of school since I'm only in 9th grade but the problem is people don't really respect ideas.

I find it hard because people where I am believe that guys shouldn't have feelings or be like a girl in anyway. It's weird I find myself hanging out with girls more often than guys because they understand some of my thoughts and feelings better.

Trust me it's just school life gets SO much better after High School. You'll find that you won't have to be around those who don't understand you, and you can hang out with your real friends.

Trust me it's just school life gets SO much better after High School. You'll find that you won't have to be around those who don't understand you, and you can hang out with your real friends.

That's good to know the entire school just took the quiz today. (IDK why) and they seperated us into groups and I was the only INFJ out of the entire 300 something school.

When I went to college for a year, it was pretty much just more of the same.

What do you mean?

Life does not change all that much. There's still the same amount of morons in it. Only, it's become easier for those morons to progress in life, so you tend to encounter them at higher and higher levels.

You do however get to limit your own interaction with the morons through your own choices.

Life does not change all that much. There's still the same amount of morons in it. Only, it's become easier for those morons to progress in life, so you tend to encounter them at higher and higher levels.

You do however get to limit your own interaction with the morons through your own choices.

limit your own interaction with the morons through your own choices.

limit your own interaction with the morons

My point.

When I went to college for a year, it was pretty much just more of the same.

I felt like this, so I switched colleges. The difference is night and day.

Which college did you go to? If you don't feel like being that specific, what type of college did you go to?

I would love to know just how many posts SH and SH-ai are posting. I mean, of each other's posts.

Anyone wanna grab a lawnchair and sit with me to watch the war? It looks like it could be fun!
I think lurker's getting some popcorn. Strike that. She rented the machine for the year . . . tickets are on me.

Why would you put that idea out there?

Why?:mhuh:

I felt like this, so I switched colleges. The difference is night and day.

Which college did you go to? If you don't feel like being that specific, what type of college did you go to?
It was Purdue University.

I flunked out.

Man, that sucks I'm sorry.

If you don't mind me asking, how did your parents feel, and how are you doing now?

They were mostly disappointed, but mom also was always on my case about being supposedly lazy...as if she was actually there. :rolleyes:

I'm fine, but having $27,000 of debt with absolutely nothing to show for it really sucks.

Near the end of my year there is when my depression started getting really bad too.

Yeah, I actually think the depression that follows is the worse part.

Hope you can get out of it, dealing with depression while trying to be productive for me in next to impossible. I cannot work while depressed, at all. At most I'll make it seem like I'm working to shut people up, but not really.

I have major depressive disorder, though.....I've probably had it for my whole life. It's just that during the past several years (especially the past few, when my emotional sensitivity pretty much skyrocketed lol), I've been more aware of it.