I'm starting to believe I'm INFP too ... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

I'm starting to believe I'm INFP too ...

Every time I even think about allowing my feelings to take a hand at the wheel they open the car door, push my logic out, and go for a fucking joyride. WHEE!!!

yeah, I never allowed it to go that far, but I'm very much affraid that that will happen if I let myself slip. I somethimes feel so angry or anoid with someone I'm not able to act normal for a while. I can't seem to shut it down.

So in fact you're saying that for INFJ's the world is more about thinking and thoughts while INFP's are more ruled by there feelings?

Lol I've probably made not much sense with this :D I had the opportunity to watch INFJ and INFP interacting with each other from outside in rl and the difference is very clear. But it's very difficult to explain it online.

Anyway your choice to try it on for a size seems good to me. It doesn't matter how are you going to call yourself - I will still like you just the same ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

It's almost like a right of passage for an INFJ to think that they're an INFP for a while. Believe it or not, even I put this into serious question a while back, and look at how high my J score is, ha.

Hear hear. Thought I was an INFP for 2-3 years before I actually read the INFJ description. Then I was confused for awhile. Then I met both INFPs and INFJs and was sure I was an INFJ.

Here's a gem I found during research on typology: a study found the following preferences for psychological theory based on MBTI type (as in, if you counseled someone, you'd probably use this type):

SPs : (no data - suspect they're not the counseling type)
SJs : Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
NTs : (no data - suspect CBT or eclectic)
xNFP : Person-Centered Therapy
xNFJ : Psychodynamic Therapy

I've spot-checked this with classmates/professors/acquaintances/etc. and it's been 100% so far...