Illegal Immigration, a worldwide problem. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Illegal Immigration, a worldwide problem.

Which leads me to again wonder, like you had mentioned, what @Stu was referring to when he said this:
@Stu went on to post something about sea lions when I asked. Its in the thread some place.

I'd say leave Trump in the office for one more term and this problem will resolve by itself. Because no one in their right mind will want to immigrate to US by then. Plus you'll save big on The Wall.

I'd say leave Trump in the office for one more term and this problem will resolve by itself. Because no one in their right mind will want to immigrate to US by then. Plus you'll save big on The Wall.
More people then ever will want to immigrate. Illegals wont show their face though and thats a good thing.

The Justice Department announced Friday that it is implementing a “zero-tolerance” policy for prosecuting those attempting to enter the U.S. illegally -- the latest in a series of measures by the Trump administration to combat illegal immigration.

“The situation at our Southwest Border is unacceptable,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement announcing the policy. “Congress has failed to pass effective legislation that serves the national interest -- that closes dangerous loopholes and fully funds a wall along our southern border. "

“As a result, a crisis has erupted at our Southwest Border that necessitates an escalated effort to prosecute those who choose to illegally cross our border,” he said.
End

Yes!

I used to be more conservative on a lot of issues, especially regarding the immigration problem here in the USA. Moving to California has really evolved my thinking. I no longer think that liberals are simply moronic, they really just want to help people. Maybe the solution isn't correct, but the intention is. I met an illegal Mexican who came to the United States with their mother at the age of 17 because the mother married an American man and the lawyer they hired to take care of the legal residency paperwork messed something up in the documents and it took the government almost a year to reject the paperwork for the error. By this point, they had already turned 18 and that bumped their eligibility into a different category. If you've been in the US illegally for over a certain amount of months, they want you to go back to your country and basically pay a penalty of 10 years before getting legal permission to come back in. So, obviously going back and retrying wasn't an option. This is heartbreaking. This person was a minor kid who's mother brought them across the border illegally. But what choice did that mother have? The father back in Mexico, an abusive asshole who was not involved with the kid anymore, refused to sign the papers to let the kid go out of spite. This person had no one at the time that they could have stayed in Mexico with.

This is what's wrong with our immigration system. Hell, I'm going through a divorce right now and the legal process is a nightmare. Everything is set up to restrict and restrain the average citizen or hopeful because a lawyer is needed for just about everything. And then you have to hope that the money you shell out for a lawyer doesn't screw you over like the scenario above. It's easy for us in a country like this to look around and say others shouldn't be coming in here, when this country was founded on that very incident. We came here, slaughtered native Americans and STOLE this land. And then we put laws in place to restrict others from doing what we did. It's hypocritical.

The USA is the most generous country in the world. We have allowed our borders to be open and we take in a substantial amount of refugees every day. I now understand this too, being that one of my best friends here is an Iranian refugee. We set the example for the world, much like Christ did for humanity (for those who are believers in Christianity). Instead of being proud of the good this country has tried to do for the world, Americans are complaining about not being guarded enough, not being angry enough, not being strict enough. This is a very hateful attitude and one that I've come to do a lot of research on.

During the Presidential campaign, there was a study by the Public Religion Research Institute that found that the attitudes of people who lived in the same communities their entire lives (never left their hometowns or vicinity) were more insular. Basically, never exposing yourself to other people, cultures and other experiences creates fear in people because it challenges what they're familiar with. I would agree with this as I have truly been the only person in my family to venture off from a Southern home and I come from a very large family. I myself used to believe the same thing regarding immigration. Until I forced myself to interact in diversity, to meet people different than me. I heard their stories and it has made me a more compassionate human being. Because that's what this is about...human lives. People who are just like you and I but had the misfortune of not being born in a country as great as ours.

I am still a Trump supporter because I believe that Trump is trying to do more than just secure our borders and keep people out. I hope he makes good on what he said about improving the immigration system. As one of the youngest countries in the world, we have been the most influential in terms of governing, entertainment, western medicine and culture. We are setting an example to our elders and I hope that continues.

So worldwide yes but a far bigger problem for the US than any other country. For a place that so many people hate, so many in turn are willing to die trying to get here.

Recently Trump said,
"Until we can have a wall and proper security, we're going to be guarding our border with the military."

All I can think of to say is... YES! That right there is a leader. Its about fricken time.
I agree and actually talked about it before and somehow I'm wrong and got kicked for it. I don't see how people don't understand the "Illegal" part.

Reactions: Reason and Lurk
To round this out, why isn't the Mexican government blamed for the violent cartels -- cartel members actually are lowlife scum. Average people risking a hell of a lot to cross the border aren't a problem; the immigrants to worry about have tunnels, planes, and bought officials. The entire wall thing is expensive symbolic bullshit. It will deter only the most innocent and poor.

To round this out, why isn't the Mexican government blamed for the violent cartels -- cartel members actually are lowlife scum. Average people risking a hell of a lot to cross the border aren't a problem; the immigrants to worry about have tunnels, planes, and bought officials. The entire wall thing is expensive symbolic bullshit. It will deter only the most innocent and poor.
Let's not talk about the 2 years in jail an American would spend if they illegally went to Mexico. If they came back again they would spend 10 years in jail.

Let's not talk about the 2 years in jail an American would spend if they illegally went to Mexico. If they came back again they would spend 10 years in jail.

Okay, that's cool. What American would illegally go to Mexico anyway? tsk tsk :shrug:

Reactions: Happy Phantom
Nvm it was just saying that if they have such strict laws about it why don't we?
In the UK there's a special law that prohibits the good subjects of HM to die inside the houses of parliament. Also, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants and eating mince pies on Christmas Day is banned.

Those are pretty strict laws, I guess you should implement them.

Reactions: Wyote, the and Lurk
In the UK there's a special law that prohibits the good subjects of HM to die inside the houses of parliament. Also, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants and eating mince pies on Christmas Day is banned.

Those are pretty strict laws, I guess you should implement them.
What is you're point?

Reactions: Lurk
A few counties away from me:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/07/i...ing-illegal-immigrants-in-tax-evasion-scheme/

Federal agents raided an eastern Tennessee meatpacking facility on Thursday following a months-long investigation into allegations the owners were employing illegal immigrants to avoid paying millions of dollars in taxes, according to court records.

Agents with the IRS and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) served a search warrant at cattle slaughterhouse Southeastern Provisions, which has allegedly been hiring immigrants without work authorization since 2008 and hiding it from tax collectors.

The illegal hiring practices allowed owners James and Pamela Brantley to avoid paying $2.5 million in payroll taxes, reported the Knoxville News Sentinel, citing an IRS search warrant affidavit.

Agents encountered 97 people working at the plant during the raid, ICE spokeswoman Tammy Spicer said in a statement Friday. Of those, 11 were arrested on criminal charges, while the remaining 86 were held pending immigration status checks. Ultimately, 54 workers were detained for further immigration proceedings, according to Spicer.

The raid comes as President Donald Trump’s administration has sought to more closely scrutinize companies that hire illegal immigrants or foreign nationals without proper work authorization. ICE Acting Director Thomas Homan said in 2017 he would make worksite enforcement investigations a priority, and his agency has since carried out several high-profile operations, including a nationwide audit of 7-Eleven stores that resulted in the arrest of 21 people in January.

The investigation into Southeastern Provisions began when Citizens Bank, where the Brantleys held accounts, notified authorities of suspiciously large cash withdrawals the company said were for “payroll,” according to the IRS affidavit. The Brantleys allegedly lied to the IRS about how much they paid themselves, filed false tax returns and exploited their employees, who were largely Hispanic illegal immigrants.

Although the Brantleys were named in the probable cause affidavit, neither was charged with a crime as of Friday, according to the News-Sentinel.

Immigration activists in Tennessee said the Southeastern Provision raid was the largest worksite enforcement operation under the Trump administration, reported The Associated Press. ICE declined to confirm that claim.

Awful people. Why aren't they a Trump Twitter target?

http://trends.revcontent.com/click....I9gLldEhUdxwngIWq4wxAdn/etx+FdF1uLXSBV9n/dg==

http://trends.revcontent.com/click....Lz18CZrfv8I47GcIvJ/2Jfy/cMuhCnT1EqOVjKYi/v1xz

What is you're point?
Oh I thought you guys were looking for more firm bogus to put into law, so I kindly provided you with some suggestions which would also make for a purely symbolic act without any consequences whatsoever.

You're welcome.

Reactions: Wyote and the
1. Talk tough on immigration
2. Allow the poorest to cross
3. Use them, save money. They are also convenient scapegoats. If you can't find a job, it's because an evil Mexican nabbed it!

Real deal: The wealthy are fucking you over and laughing all the while. Same as always.

Oh I thought you guys were looking for more firm bogus to put into law, so I kindly provided you with some suggestions which would also make for a purely symbolic act without any consequences whatsoever.

You're welcome.
I just said if they are making such restrictions why are we letting them in?