Illegal Immigration, a worldwide problem. | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Illegal Immigration, a worldwide problem.

I just said if they are making such restrictions why are we letting them in?
Because if you don't you don't get to build that huuuuuuuge wall I guess.

Republican's also want more votes. All the other parties also want more votes. Weird how that is, huh?
Well if you let people come here illegally then there going to be on you're side and they will vote for you pretty simple.

Well if you let people come here illegally then there going to be on you're side and they will vote for you pretty simple.
I didn't know the Dems have been controlling congress during the last couple of years?

Reactions: Skarekrow
That's a pretty simplistic view point.

While yes I'm fairly certain that they would pay lip service to whoever would let them in, if they were going to be involved in politics they could vote for any number of view points currently sponsored by any party (or no party).

Reactions: Skarekrow
Republican's also want more votes. All the other parties also want more votes. Weird how that is, huh?
All politicians want more votes.
WAMA

Waste America's Money Again!
Not nearly as much as the previous 8 years so... really a moot point.

Not nearly as much as the previous 8 years so... really a moot point.

I know that you are attempting to refer to Obama's time as president, but you know that the previous 8 years refers to a good chunk of Trump's time as president, right? It's April, 2018. It might be helpful to move on. You seem a bit stuck.

I know that you are attempting to refer to Obama's time as president, but you know that the previous 8 years refers to a good chunk of Trump's time as president, right? It's April, 2018. It might be helpful to move on. You seem a bit stuck.
People in glass houses you know?

That's a pretty simplistic view point.

While yes I'm fairly certain that they would pay lip service to whoever would let them in, if they were going to be involved in politics they could vote for any number of view points currently sponsored by any party (or no party).
If you come here illegally and only one political party is trying to keep you in the country who else would you vote for? The guys that want you to leave? Of course not.

If you come here illegally and only one political party is trying to keep you in the country who else would you vote for? The guys that want you to leave? Of course not.
This is a fairly valid point. However it is also simplistic. It may well be that many undocumented workers are only interested in making money and having a better quality of life. They may not be interested in becoming a citizen. Making it impossible for undocumented migrants to work in the US is the best way to keep people who do not have a legal right to be here from staying here, and more importantly from coming here to begin with. Just look at the statistics of undocumented immigration during the recession, people were actually going home.

Perhaps it is a misperception but it seems that there is a strong economic impetus to have a cheap labor force that has little to no legal or political power to defend themselves from economic abuse.

Reactions: Wyote
This is a fairly valid point. However it is also simplistic. It may well be that many undocumented workers are only interested in making money and having a better quality of life. They may not be interested in becoming a citizen. Making it impossible for undocumented migrants to work in the US is the best way to keep people who do not have a legal right to be here from staying here, and more importantly from coming here to begin with. Just look at the statistics of undocumented immigration during the recession, people were actually going home.

Perhaps it is a misperception but it seems that there is a strong economic impetus to have a cheap labor force that has little to no legal or political power to defend themselves from economic abuse.
In my opinion the problem for me is basically too many people create more threats. If we are able to keep illegal immigrants from coming into the US (most) we will just be protecting the country. The more people that come the bigger the threat but that's just my opinion.

In my opinion the problem for me is basically too many people create more threats. If we are able to keep illegal immigrants from coming into the US (most) we will just be protecting the country. The more people that come the bigger the threat but that's just my opinion.
The problem with aggressive policing of undocumented people and militarization of the boarder is that it creates a lot of animosity with our hemispheric neighbors. It says, "you're the problem" when it is really we who are the problem. We should be policing our employers. Nothing empties the country faster of those who have no legal status here then no work.

Reactions: AJ_ and Offline