If you could start over, would you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

If you could start over, would you?

Start life all over again?

• No.

• Yep.

• Other, explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
2, You know nothing of your future.

Does that make sense? I hope you mean that we know every up until now, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to start over.

While I do wish sometimes that things had gone differently, so that I had a better relationship with my sister, or had friends, I wouldn't change my life because I have hardly lived it yet. Partly this is my fault, partly others', but this the way the world works. We are all at some point in our lives subjected to manipulative bastards, people who underestimate you, don't believe. You just have to go your own way as soon as you can. Making mistakes is just part of the journey, you can still pick the direction in which to go next.

Reactions: PeriX
If I had to relive my life with the same illness?--No. Although I would be wiser to make better decisions, I could never relive it.

Remove those issues? Then yes, sure. There is so much more that I wish I had already accomplished at my current age. People give me sh*t for saying that because I'm 27.

Alas, unlike a video game you can't just go back and start a new game where you effectuate every piece optimally.

No.. Even if life could maybe be different and "better" in someways, I wouldn't be the person who I am today without all these hardships.

No, those conditions sound like you just replay everything without the consciousness to go in any different direction. I don't see the point.

If "New Game +" was an option I would be tempted, but I also feel like I would struggle with guilt with regard to feeling like I was "cheating" at life.

Yes, exactly. The conditions make it sound like you'll be living an exact repeat. Unless you had a truly blessed life, and you're near the end of it, I can't see any point in that.

As for the New Game + mode. Well, I think all that money and power would soothe the guilt...

mr-burns-feat-uproxx.jpg

Yes, exactly. The conditions make it sound like you'll be living an exact repeat. Unless you had a truly blessed life, and you're near the end of it, I can't see any point in that.

As for the New Game + mode. Well, I think all that money and power would soothe the guilt...

mr-burns-feat-uproxx.jpg

I would be the jester of your kingdom who ridicules authority.

giphy.gif

If you start over then that means when you get to this point in your life again you will hace destined yourself to always starting over. Seems like a nihilist's nightmare

Knowing what you know now, would you choose to go back in time and start life again as a fresh, new baby?

Caveats:

1. Everything is exactly the same. Parents, you, absolutely everything. If mom beat you the first time, count on that happening again.

2, You know nothing of your future.

?
Yeah.

I'd be a fucking monster.

Reactions: Ren and Will
Oh hellllllllll no. I've had some rather rough waters to tread. I'm not doing that shit again. Hahahaha.
I've come way too far for that.

Reactions: Ren and Will
I change my vote. I guess I would so that I could treat certain people differently that I've hurt. So that instead of reacting or acting on my emotions I could be more measured and patient. Maybe it's worth a try to live that way now. I'll just pretend going forward I'm restarting.

Last edited:
Hmmm, no. Only if I could know my future, in that case I would start over and make different decisions in certain situations. But eventually I would like to come to the same present as now, or similar. I am content with the most part of my life since late 2016, but there are some things I would like to be different (career-wise, and my anxiety).

Reactions: Ren and Ginny
No.

I am exactly where I am meant to be. Despite every heartbreak, struggle, loss, and setback—it has made me the strong and kind woman I am today. I am proud to be where I am at. I am finally happy and have accepted myself in my own skin and I love where my future is going.

Yes, I honestly wish I never had to go through those experiences I did the past couple of decades, but without them I wouldn’t have grown so much as a young woman.

So no, I wouldn’t start over and begin anew. I am finally in a place where I am relishing my independence, being more confident, and I am heading towards a path that I was meant to be at my entire life. I am happy.

I'm still young enough, I'd wait another 40 or so years before I opt to return to baby-ness.

Reactions: neko
No. But I want to live forever though...

Reactions: Ginny
You wouldn't say that if you lived forever.

I wouldn't know...except I haven't died yet. Favorite quote from a dutch author (Harry Mulisch): That I will one day die, has not been proven yet.

The translation is not 100%, sorry. The guy died, by the way :)

Reactions: Ginny
I wouldn't know...except I haven't died yet.
It is said that to a fetus, being born feels like dying. So, perhaps you did and you just don't remember. This last sentence would apply to the theory of rebirth as well.

But you cannot imagine what it feels like to live forever. You may think about it, but eternity is harder to picture than you think.

Reactions: Headstorm and Wyote