If there is one true religion... | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

If there is one true religion...

So what exactly are Gnostic Chritians?
@dragulagu , I'll share my beliefs with you, with all due respect for you and your own, because that's how I roll :p

Gnostic Christians are a sect spun off of ancient Gnostics, sort of like Episcopalians are spun from Catholics, and Baptists from Protestants, Orthodox Christian or Jew from Judeaism.

They are all limbs and roots of the same Tree, yet such a source of division throughout the world.

In my honest opinion, I don't believe that divisiveness was the intent of our Creator, then again, maybe It has a twisted sense of humor, ;)

Gnosticism is believed to be the predecessor of Christianity.
If our new arrival is up in his scholarly secular wisdom he would know that John the Baptist was Gnostic and a teacher to Jesus. Christianity came to be because the followers of Jesus Christ labeled a combined religion Christianity because they believed in the teaching of a peacefilled way of being that Jesus taught, that when researched, this way of being historically was the teachings of Gnosticism.

When the rabbit trail of Spiritualusm is followed back far enough, the earliest forms of Gnosticism are descended from Druid Priests and Priestesses. When what is left of Druid historical lore is researched, it was the invasion of the Romans across the terrain of what is now known as Eroupe that brought these Gnostic Priests and Priestesses back, (the one's they didn't snuff out that is and burn their teachings), to the land of the Roman Empire. These Priests and Priestesses then taught the Priests of the Roman Church what they knew, I believe that these Roman's are labeled Catholic now, and Roman Scribes, at the behest of the Cesar, recorded the gnostic teachings of which the Emporer of Rome then edited into what he wished the people of the time to subscribe to.

Many modern day religions, including Gnostic Christians, are rebellions against the Roman Empire's attempt to contol the population. Any body of people against the Church of the time was slaughtered in the names of things such as witchcraft, hertics, wizzards, and other such labels. Primarily because individuals wanted the human right to worship its dieties and dignitaries with the freedom of choice.

However, once we understand it all has it's roots in the mysticism of Spiritualty and some things are believed in even though they are intangible ... that these things must be accepted through the trust of the faithful and not by conformities.

and, ...That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

**sidebar: should some one need proof of my claims I'll gladly show proof of reference.

Are there rules for admins who lie about what is written?

Just asking.

Regards
DL
You, my friend, can refer to the forum rules at the bottom of this page. It will point you in a better direction perhaps.

I believe my previous comment should have served to register with you as a warning about your confrontational replies to others in the thread and the obvious disrespect to the OP.

We as members do our individual part in maintaining forum harmony. I'm asking that you do the same and not imply that each who engage with you needs to do so defensively.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. If you have any questions, you have access to the report, or contact us function. Pleasantries to you.

Reactions: Gnostic Christian
Guys, please read the first message at least before going into discussion.
Not even 20% of what has been said here is a discussion related to the subject of the first post.
As some might not even noticed, I am the OP, although I know that doesnt mean that much.
Some people come here without even reading the first post and say things like this:

There can't be only one religion. It's ridiculous.

I think this guy is like the 3rd who obviously didnt read the first post and only came for the title, and I suspect some few others might not have read it either.

I am sorry for the big headache that this thread might be doing to the MODs. Of course in no way I wanted this to turn as it has been.

I'm unwatching this thread now because it's a waste and it's only going to cause upset on this lovely spring day that God made.

I am the OP, not even 20% of what has been said in these pages here have much to do with what I posted.

You mentioned being bitten by a snake. You have been blessed as I am now here to bite you.

And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
Numbers 21:8
Thanks, Carl Jung said this dream is also a positive dream.

If you want to invoke Satan to help you argue for Christianity, bring him on as she would be on my side.
I wont deny that you do have some few fair points; You are, although in an inefficient way, doing some few interesting critiques about Christianism. Yeah, a big "What if" that religious people always ignore is this: "What if this is a plop twist, and the devil trickster already tricked me and everybody, and Im actually following the Devis religion without knowing it?". This is the risk, where, if you havent showed up I would avoid speaking of that, I did gentle preferred to hide from Yusuf even when I was running out of patience, because its a tough possibility to consider. I would also likely to say that Phariseanism is something that did happen even in Christ days and it is still strong today. And I do somewhat follow and agree with the Golden Rule.

Actually, perhaps you should follow it harder, you would be less offensive if you did, but, really, I found a little to be a big disturb that your avatar is a snake with an evil face and your quote above ("if you want to invoke Satan you help you argue for Christianity, bring him on as she would be on my side"). It gives me creepy feelings in general, really.

WAKE UP SHEEPLES! THE TRUE GOD IS THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!

I disagree, the TRUE GOD IS THE BIG MOTHER POTATO!!

post-baixa.jpg

Thats a creation of an atheist comic creator, funny thing. Here it is one of the comics, I did a quick translation of it in text right below the picture:

2193.jpg

First square: [POTATO] "This so called Christian God is too lazy, he has saints to solve everything!"
Second: [WHITE HAT SERVANT] "But think on the marketing, sir. This is good to expand your faith"
Third:[POTATO] "So Im going to have saints! But I am going to simplify and create one to solve all the problems!"
Fourth(second line): [NARRATOR] "And so rises the... SAINT BACON!"
5th: [GUY ON GREEN] "St Bacon, my leg!"
6th: [SAINT BACON] "Bacon's power!"; [Green Guy] "Wow!"
7th (last line): [GUY ON ORANGE]"Augh, my head [headache]"
8th: [SAINT BACON] "Bacon's power!"
9th: [GUY ON PURPLE] "Bless me!"
10th (last): [ST BACON] "Blessed!"; [GUY ON PURPLE] "Thank you!"

I believe my previous comment should have served to register with you as a warning about your confrontational replies to others in the thread and the obvious disrespect to the OP.

You had forgot that Im actually the OP, you even were the first to reply and actually replied to me, remember?
This derailed so much... =(.
He had not offended me so far.

I hope my first point brings at least some inspiration for some few...

You're not as pious as you think you are. You call people scum for believing other religions and are generally an asshat.

More lies.

I never claimed piety or thinking of myself that way.

What do you all those who promote a genocidal entity if not scum?

Nice guys perhaps, as you do the Hitler salute?

Regards
DL

He's here to troll people and piss them off.

No point engaging any more unless you're looking for an argument.

You do not want to argue in a forum created for apologetics and arguments.

What a total fool you are. No wonder, since you opened the door to personal insults, your avatar is of a guy without balls.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Regards
DL

You had forgot that Im actually the OP, you even were the first to reply and actually replied to me, remember?
This derailed so much... =(.
He had not offended me so far.

I hope my first point brings at least some inspiration for some few...
I had not forgotten you are the OP.
My appologies for any disrespect to your original intent.

Being a peer modulator is a difficult task when wanting to be a member of the forum as well. Members forget that I am allowed to have an opinion as well as a say-so in forum protocol.

We can carry on as we were. Thank you for the clarity.

Thank you for trying to rid your worthy O.P. of the riff raft.

I wish that even the mods and admins who are adding to that worthless group would do the same everywhere in this forum instead of helping them.

If memory serves me, both he and Freud were both Gnostic Christians.

You might have noted that their Father/Mother complex is pretty well identical to what Gnostic Christian Jesus said we will find inside of us. He called it the spark of god while the father complex is closer to the truth and just worded differently. Nor surprising for scientists. All they did was confirm what mystics have known for better than 5,000 years, but was supressed by Christianity and their inquisitions and Muslims with their jihads.

I wont deny that you do have some few fair points; You are, although in an inefficient way, doing some few interesting critiques about Christianism. Yeah, a big "What if" that religious people always ignore is this:

Thank all the god that some have discerning minds. Keep thinking friend.

: "What if this is a plop twist, and the devil trickster already tricked me and everybody, and Im actually following the Devis religion without knowing it?".

They show how little faith they have because even the scriptures say that Satan can deceive the whole world. They, even though they are the majority which Satan would target more than the majority, if she were real, somehow thing that it is the minority that is deceived. They prefer to think a genocidal god is somehow good. You have seen how quickly they run away instead of wondering about their immoral view. Moral cowards can never be brave enough to face reality.

if you haven't showed up I would avoid speaking of that,

We are not all built to girdle our loins and do the battle that must be fought against the genocidal god lovers. I have seen too many of my good hearted friend be shat on even worse than I and decided to be me and not be at all hypocritical.

Having a criminal mind and delinquent attitude is what had me able to force my apotheosis and to not embrace it and use it would be an insult to my god.
I have reformed my morals but refuse to hold my ethics back for immoral people who call evil good.

("if you want to invoke Satan you help you argue for Christianity, bring him on as she would be on my side"). It gives me creepy feelings in general, really.

Indeed, but my statement is statistically valid and has a lot of scriptures that say just that.

Regards
DL

If you are offended by my lack of respect for those whose views include idol worship of a worse than Hitler type of genocidal moral monster, and who promote homophobia and misogyny along with their religion, then I am offended by you being offended and being a moral misfit yourself.

I prefer to be nice, but that is hard to do with intransigent moral misfits who are too obtuse to accept facts.

Regards
DL

Instead of trying to divert my attention with a cheap ad hominem, I was expecting you to actually answer my objection.

I'll repeat it, since I would rather assume that you are capable of handling it:

That's not true, though. It's perfectly possible for an atheist to be in tune with mysticism.

You're just affirming that Gnosticism is the best way to go about it, but without any real supporting argument why it is better than simply rational/logical mysticism.

You want to have a philosophical conversation? Let's have one. Answer my objection, or you're the actual simpleton here. Oh, and please resist the temptation to resort to logical fallacies. Your posts are riddled with them.

Instead of trying to divert my attention with a cheap ad hominem, I was expecting you to actually answer my objection.

I'll repeat it, since I would rather assume that you are capable of handling it:

You want to have a philosophical conversation? Let's have one. Answer my objection, or you're the actual simpleton here. Oh, and please resist the temptation to resort to logical fallacies. Your posts are riddled with them.

Gnostic Christianity is better than Christianity because it is based on what can be know and not the supernatural that cannot be known.

I have never spoken to an atheist who was into mysticism although I suspect they are out there given the following.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...theists-religious-european-christians/560936/

Regards
DL

Last edited:
@dragulagu , I'll share my beliefs with you, with all due respect for you and your own, because that's how I roll :p

Gnostic Christians are a sect spun off of ancient Gnostics, sort of like Episcopalians are spun from Catholics, and Baptists from Protestants, Orthodox Christian or Jew from Judeaism.

They are all limbs and roots of the same Tree, yet such a source of division throughout the world.

In my honest opinion, I don't believe that divisiveness was the intent of our Creator, then again, maybe It has a twisted sense of humor, ;)

If our new arrival is up in his scholarly secular wisdom he would know that John the Baptist was Gnostic and a teacher to Jesus. Christianity came to be because the followers of Jesus Christ labeled a combined religion Christianity because they believed in the teaching of a peacefilled way of being that Jesus taught, that when researched, this way of being historically was the teachings of Gnosticism.

When the rabbit trail of Spiritualusm is followed back far enough, the earliest forms of Gnosticism are descended from Druid Priests and Priestesses. When what is left of Druid historical lore is researched, it was the invasion of the Romans across the terrain of what is now known as Eroupe that brought these Gnostic Priests and Priestesses back, (the one's they didn't snuff out that is and burn their teachings), to the land of the Roman Empire. These Priests and Priestesses then taught the Priests of the Roman Church what they knew, I believe that these Roman's are labeled Catholic now, and Roman Scribes, at the behest of the Cesar, recorded the gnostic teachings of which the Emporer of Rome then edited into what he wished the people of the time to subscribe to.

Many modern day religions, including Gnostic Christians, are rebellions against the Roman Empire's attempt to contol the population. Any body of people against the Church of the time was slaughtered in the names of things such as witchcraft, hertics, wizzards, and other such labels. Primarily because individuals wanted the human right to worship its dieties and dignitaries with the freedom of choice.

However, once we understand it all has it's roots in the mysticism of Spiritualty and some things are believed in even though they are intangible ... that these things must be accepted through the trust of the faithful and not by conformities.

and, ...That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

**sidebar: should some one need proof of my claims I'll gladly show proof of reference.

Not bad for a rooky.:smilingimp:
:D
:grinning:

I have read more than I can remember and like to see your type of presentation. Well done.

My research has me thinking that we were initially a part of the Jewish esoteric school ad those who led the Jewish faith and held the oral Torah, which over rode the written one. The esoteric Jews likely were old Kabbalists. all Those mentioned put god above man. I thing we were all turning to using the Chrestian label, but were forced to change our name when Christianity usurped and plagiarize our books and made them their own, almost verbatim. There is ample proof of this in older bibles. My research stalled at Chrestianity because of that. That might also explain why so many of our sects used their own leaders name. They were harder for the religion thieves, Christians, to steal.

That Gnostic Christianity was known as the intelligentsia throughout history and is why the inquisitions were sent to annihilate us. Free and intelligent people were the last thing Constantine's church wanted and Christians were more than eager to do his murdering for him. Christians helped usher in the Dark Ages and are still a dark force, given their homophobic and misogynous teachings and adoration of a genocidal moral monster. A good god to Satanists.

My love for truth and good moral thinking as well as my love of man is what created my hate for them.

You will likely know that all hate is born of our default setting of love.

When we create a love bias, we automatically create a hate bias that only comes out when that which we love is threatened.

Let your hate out, if you love humanity. I try to do it with couth, but that is hard given that most Christians no longer do apologetics and just rant, curse and call names.

Regards
DL

and, ...That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

That's an interesting description. Kind of interested in the history now. :p

Gnostic Christianity is better than Christianity because it is based on what can be know and not the supernatural that cannot be known.

The moment you as a follower put your own religion above any other, you already lose the essence of your religion. It's not a competition on who has the best one...what's the point in that.
It's about which religion you are most comfortable with...that's also the point on what is the one true religion: there isn't one.

I think the one true religion, the real truth in a quite literal way of speaking it, must be universal, like the Jungs archetypes are supposed to be (universal at least from an human point). It doesnt need to spread: It should be something we adhere to by our own choices without even realizing it. It must be something that you are free to adhere whenever you lived your whole life in the forest in the middle of the Amazon in 1300 ac or in Europe or in Asia or 21st century in America, basically, anywhere.

Religions are restricted in the context of the time period they were made though. Pretty sure that religion 2000 years from now will be completely different from religions now. Especially with a Space Age (phenomena beyond earth). I think if there were to be one true religion it would be one that describes the flow of the Universe itself without the constraint of time. (think origin point of Universe, the evolution, the end). Which would be in co-existence with an Universal law or set of laws of physics.

@Sandie33 @Ren @Vendrah have a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_Age (don't ask, came randomly up on this while googling on "period bound religion")

Personally I follow Taoism by the way, as a way of understanding life rather than specific guidelines that I have to follow. It's relaxing.

It's not a competition on who has the best one...what's the point in that.

The point here and now is to have people know that a religion that posits that a genocidal god is a good god and that his homophobic and misogynous religion are anything but the fittest.

We are evolving creatures and to not has us evolve away from such a satanic religion is beyond immoral and stupid.

Insert gays and women harmed by homophobic and misogynous religions to this quote. You should get an idea of what you should be doing with the homophobic and misogynous mainstream religions if you live by the golden rule.

Please get back to me with your conclusion.

Martin Niemöller
First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out— because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Regards
DL