If Bill Nye passes out and nobody tweets it, did it happen? | INFJ Forum

If Bill Nye passes out and nobody tweets it, did it happen?

technology helps to distract and separate us from the present moment

seems to be creating a lot of zombies

I am not of that generation, and yet from my observations such things seem to be crossing generational lines. I confess I have made a conscious decision to opt out, which is perhaps easier since I never really opted in to start with...the whole mindset is somewhat foreign to me.

technology helps to distract and separate us from the present moment

seems to be creating a lot of zombies
Maybe.. Social networking seems to have spawned a 'look at me it's all about me' kind of youth/young adult culture.

Reactions: the
I can't even fathom this, no one went up to help him. My god.

That's horrible.

I doubt it was that extreme, I am sure the people who were hosting him had people checking him and the students just sat there while they did that and tweeted, this just smacks of someone with an axe to grind about social networking.

That is just wow.

Really? Somebody faints and you don't go to see if he's okay, to help him out in any way. You just tweet about it.

No offence to anyone, but that is straight-up Trifling.

That is just wow.

Really? Somebody faints and you don't go to see if he's okay, to help him out in any way. You just tweet about it.

No offence to anyone, but that is straight-up Trifling.

That was going to be my response. Wow....
I just can't imagine such indifference.

Do you relate to this?
Do you think our generation is this apathetic and self-centered due to technology?
Or do you think this story is just slanted to portray that?

That's disturbing.

I honestly cannot say that I relate to this. I wonder if that makes me sheltered *shrugs* I don't know. And I don't know if I identify as being part of a technology-driven generation. I'm only a few years older than these students, yet that gap seems tremendously wide some days. So, as a self-perceived outsider, I'm at a certain distance from this generation... Perhaps it is an apathetic and self-centred one relative to the generations before them, but - this incident and ones like it aside - even if that were the case, they're living a different reality and I have a hard time judging that.

I find it hard to imagine no one got up to help him. Call me naive but I want to refuse to believe that there would not have been at least ONE person who would have opted to see to him or call for help rather than text away or sit helplessly. People may be apathetic and ignorant sometimes, for various reasons, but I think a fair number of people do care and would not hesitate to act. And I hope that hasn't been only my experience.

Last edited: