Idealism | INFJ Forum

Idealism

izz

Nov 12, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
What idealistic values do you hope to further hope/spread in the future if you have a chance?

For me, if I have the chance, I'd like to encourage people to appreciate the combination of pure empathy and unconventional creativity that can be found in certain ideas/theories.

Hmm...I'd like to spread the idea that what is most important is not what you believe, but the choices you make.

I would really like to shut down the predominant model of competitive discourse in western civilization. I'd say I have an 80% chance of getting that done by this weekend.

After that, Id like to go back to academia and demonstrate the value of rapid realistic failure to my ivory tower friends. Ill get that done by next Thursday.

And, finally, i would like my dad to stop being a blind partisan. That may take a few years.

Jesus

That faith, hope and love really matter in this sometimes cynical world, and they are worth basing an entire lifetime on.

Mishra, Prometheus, Krishna, Hercules, Odysseus, Buddha, Zoraster, Horus and any one of the long list of mythological inspirations for that other myth, Jesus.

If I were to spread anything, I would want it to be spread as I spread mayonnaise for a sandwich; evenly and covering every square millimeter.....both pieces of bread......nothing spilled over the edges. That way the meat would be accented as best as it could be with whatever I use.

I have learned people can see my beliefs in me better than I can express with words on the internet. It seems being a proponent is much more difficult than being an example. Some would argue otherwise and it may well be otherwise with others.

I can only hope the few people I open up to enough for them to get to know me, will understand better the reason I am the person I am. I am the direct result of other people that have invested their time and lifestyles with me. The pursuit alone for the answers left me wanting; so very wanting. Yet, it enabled me a better understanding why man is not supposed to be alone in this world. We hold each other up, we strengthen each other, we edify the things that need edification, and we together rule out that we should walk away from.

I can only hope to be the best example I can be. If that in itself makes another wonder why, maybe someone has accomplished that they had hoped for. That would make me moreso a vessel or cup than a person trying to share something; those qualities being shared through me instead of by me. That, in itself, would make me feel useful. When I fall short, I admit to be human and it causes my spirit grief; I can only hope I do not lead anyone astray.

Last edited:
Mishra, Prometheus, Krishna, Hercules, Odysseus, Buddha, Zoraster, Horus and any one of the long list of mythological inspirations for that other myth, Jesus.
Your faith is duly noted. :m027:

Seriously, though. My life ambition is to successfully launch my multi-prong offensive at winning back the human spirit from mass consumerism and egocentricity because I KNOW BEST GODDAMN IT SO BUY MY SELF-HELP BOOK.

Okay, NOW seriously, I'd like to completely set in motion a massive, cost-efficient reform of America's public education system to set a foundation to improve the overall future of our world. Details mending (not pending). :)

The law of attraction, as it is so called, would be the one I would choose to "spread".

However, I am not keen on spreading idealistic values that I hold at all, only if someone asks and truly wants to understand and know. The thing is they are just that; idealistic. Usually they are not based in some sort of grounded foundation and because if that it will not apply to everyone. Some might even find offense in suggesting such an idea. Thus I do not feel it is my place, nor anyone elses' to "spread" idealistic beliefs to any one else unsolicited.