Icelandic Erupting Volcano!! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Icelandic Erupting Volcano!!

I'm pissed off. Supposed to be flying to Canada on May 6th and it's not looking good.

Last time I checked my car wasn't built to swim. Oh and flying on Thursday? Sorry but I think you better forget it. They've been saying that they'll open the airports "tomorrow" every day since it happened.

Reactions: Morgain
^morgain it's being reported as big news everywhere not just in europe, and I remember that last earthquake in china when aid trucks weren't allowed in, you're right, the gov. probably does restrict what access journalists have to report things in their country, but I think the lack of interest in china's earthquake vs. iceland's volcanic ash is mostly because millions of people are being affected by the delayed flights, while only 700, a comparatively small number were affected by the earthquake. and europe's economy is being harder hit; china's probably felt nothing when those 700 died. there's probably more to it than that tho..

(and consider that you can't remember whether this earthquake was the same one as the last, but you CAN remember that aid was restricted. if you're like the typical person, then that paints the chinese government in a bad light, and means the news about a second earthquake - which would have garnered sympathy for china - was being under-reported. why do you think that is? this might sound paranoid, and maybe it is, but I believe there are ALWAYS political influences dictating what is focused on in the media and what is skimmed over, and this is probably one example of that happening).

May;259954(and consider that you can't remember whether this earthquake was the same one as the last said:
no it is because I stopped watching or listening to the news half a year ago. I only heard from the vulcano on Friday last week because it was on the radio in the lab I was working in and since I'm flying this week, I noticed the importance (to me). If I wasn't flying, I wouldn't have known of the vulcano until the time I read your post or I had even skipped that post. just saying

on the news in my country, every day they tell us about some diseaster somewhere in the world. it is to much. I don't have enough to care. At some point I'm just like, let me live my life and without having to feel guilty because of unfortunate people elsewhere. In my opinion natural diseasters get more publicity since the Tsunama then ever before. But a topic remains hot when something happens. They can't talk every day about the war in Iraq. Only when there is an other explotion of a car. The only news is hot news. Or should they give an update on all worldwide diseasters every day?

Belgian airports will be open from tomorrow morning. It seems Europe has an agreement on how to judge for "to fly or not to fly". They will devide the airspace in three zones: no go zone, go zone with extra precausion, and go go go zone.

I hope the Belgium -Spain route is in the go go go zone!
I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic about my trip ...

Yo mumma so fat, when they cremated her, her ashes shut down flights all over europe.