YELLOWSTONE ANIMALS FLEEING PARK. SUPERVOLCANO ERUPTION IMMINENT? | INFJ Forum

YELLOWSTONE ANIMALS FLEEING PARK. SUPERVOLCANO ERUPTION IMMINENT?

Skarekrow

~~DEVIL~~
Jan 9, 2012
MBTI
Ni-INFJ-A
Enneagram
Warlock
YELLOWSTONE ANIMALS FLEEING PARK. SUPERVOLCANO ERUPTION IMMINENT?

Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming: Could the Supervolcano which has been dormant for the past 650,000 years be ready to erupt again?

volcano-eruption.jpg

If you listen to some animal experts, that answer is a definitive "yes".

Recall, if you will, the tsunami in late 2006. Do you remember reports that animals were escaping and running for higher ground hours before the waves hit? This mass animal evacuation brought into light the instinct which biologists have known about for years which seems to tell animals when disaster is about to strike.

Fast forward to yesterday.

At Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, there is a mass animal exodus underway. Miles of buffalo can be seen running frantically from the Northwest end of the park. They are even running down roads. Elk are also evacuating at an astounding rate. Smaller animals such as rabbits and squirrels are also fleeing Yellowstone.

Watch this video taken by a park visitor and posted on youtube:
[video=youtube;j_csBXWlUA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j_csBXWlUA4[/video]
IMPORTANT UPDATE! WATCH THOMAS LUPSHU'S ANALYSIS
[video=youtube;nEH58QvFH0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nEH58QvFH0w[/video]

What are the animals running from?

According to one expert, Thomas Lupshu, the only possible explanation is that the seismic activity in Yellowstone which has been increasing over the past month could mean that an eruption is on the way.

This map shows the areas most affected by a potential eruption.

eruption.png

Let's look at what will happen if the Yellowstone Supervolcano does erupt. According to the US Geological Service, the initial eruption would immediately kill everybody and everything in the kill zone. Within a few minutes, the ash would begin to spread and would spread poisonous ash across the primary and secondary ash zones: killing agriculture in those zones for years to come. Finally, much like the Mount Saint Helens eruption in 1980, ash would spread across the planet according to the wind patterns. However, the amount of ash expected to spew from Yellowstone is an amount greater than 10,000 times that of Mount Saint Helens. This could be potentially damaging to agriculture and human life as we know it across the planet.

Not trying to be alarmist here, but you do need to research this for yourself. Here is a map released by the US Geological Service.

yellowstone-volcano.jpg

Could there be another reasonable explanation? Perhaps. It just hasn't been thought of yet.

To be fair, the US Geological Service says that there is no immediate danger of massive eruption in Yellowstone.

So you must ask yourself. Do you trust the geologists or the animals' instincts?

What do these animals know that we don't?

Reactions: say what
Super volcano or not, Bison run down the road there on occasion.

Do you have a source to support this postulation other than some videos on YouTube?

e: Because seriously, that first video's description is some of the craziest shit I've ever read. Like, "please seek professional help" crazy.

Last edited:
I have been interested in Yellowstone for a very long while. Trust me, when it goes off (not if, when) the world will change to the point no one will recognize it again. Having said that, USGS folks dont report ALL of the quakes because there are literally thousands of them there. After a while they are just like, really another one?

Now for some of the real spooky. There is a lake there that is moving. It is moving because the land is rising up and causing it to move away from where it is rising. Thats been going on for years.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/01/110119-yellowstone-park-supervolcano-eruption-magma-science/

Reactions: SealHammer
Do you have a source to support this postulation other than some videos on YouTube?

e: Because seriously, that first video's description is some of the craziest shit I've ever read. Like, "please seek professional help" crazy.
It was on the national news...that’s where I first saw it...some have dismissed it, others have supported it...just Google it...there are a crap-load of stories.
*shrug*
Just thought it was interesting...it would probably be the end of the US as we know it were it to actually blow.

I have been interested in Yellowstone for a very long while. Trust me, when it goes off (not if, when) the world will change to the point no one will recognize it again. Having said that, USGS folks dont report ALL of the quakes because there are literally thousands of them there. After a while they are just like, really another one?

Now for some of the real spooky. There is a lake there that is moving. It is moving because the land is rising up and causing it to move away from where it is rising. Thats been going on for years.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...one-park-supervolcano-eruption-magma-science/

It was significant because it happened to be the biggest earthquake to hit the area in 30 years.

The entire Colorado Plateau has been lifting and moving for millions of years due to seismic/tectonic activity. It stands to reason that everything everyone knows about Yellowstone is the most recent in a very, very, very long chain of events that started well before science can explain. The Grand Canyon is the result of this 6,000+ foot uplifting plus water erosion.

Volcanoes in Yellowstone? Yep. Seismic activity in Yellowstone? Yep. Supervolcano in Yellowstone? Better chance of getting struck by lightning. Sorry.

This "bubble" has been moving across... rather, the Earth's crust has been moving over this region for, what might as well be "eternity". We're just fortunate enough to see where it is and what it's doing right now and that's all science can go by for the moment. For all we know it will just continue shifting for several million more years, slowly lifting up the ground above it, like pushing on a piece of fabric.

Last edited:
It was on the national news...that’s where I first saw it...some have dismissed it, others have supported it...just Google it...there are a crap-load of stories.
*shrug*
Just thought it was interesting...it would probably be the end of the US as we know it were it to actually blow.

I did Google it. All I saw were people parroting the same rumors that started appearing after some crank's video of bison walking along a road went viral. There is no evidence to suggest that the Yellowstone caldera will experience a catastrophic eruption.

You didn't just think it was interesting. If you were just posting a cool link, you wouldn't have made the thread title an all-caps, NY Post-tier sensationalist headline.

Entertaining a doomsday prophecy, by the way, is indicative of both hilarious ignorance and worrying narcissism. If you know anyone who seriously considers the validity of claims like this, you should probably straighten them out before they hurt themselves/others with their special brand of stupidity.

Reactions: acd
Anyone know if there is a map of the area around the volcano? I could imagine using earthquakes to let off the pressure so a worse eruption didn't happen, barring knowing a better way to release the pressure in intervals to keep it from blowing half the continent up. Maybe even a happy semi-unintended use for all the tunnels around America would be to be used in such mapping exercises, or even as valves. Muahahaha.

Last edited:
I understand the worry associated with this. There will be another eruption, it is overdue etc... but at the same time we can't do anything about it. Its completely out of our contol. If you were REALLY worried a out it you would pack up and move to France etc...buy a hole I the groy d and wait. No sense worrying about something we can't do anything but worry about.

I did Google it. All I saw were people parroting the same rumors that started appearing after some crank's video of bison walking along a road went viral. There is no evidence to suggest that the Yellowstone caldera will experience a catastrophic eruption.

You didn't just think it was interesting. If you were just posting a cool link, you wouldn't have made the thread title an all-caps, NY Post-tier sensationalist headline.

Entertaining a doomsday prophecy, by the way, is indicative of both hilarious ignorance and worrying narcissism. If you know anyone who seriously considers the validity of claims like this, you should probably straighten them out before they hurt themselves/others with their special brand of stupidity.

Easy man...
I didn’t make some big NY Post-tier sensationalist headline....I copied and pasted a page.
You can infer I’m ignorant and narcissistic all you want but you don’t know me at all....what does that say about you?
Let me spell it out again - It was on the evening fucking news last night...chill out.
And no...I did just think it was interesting and figured I would see what the opinions of other people on here were...now YOU are making up shit and assumptions in your own head...don’t be insulting...there is no need for it, it doesn’t sway anyone to agree with your views by being rude.

Reactions: SealHammer and muir
There will be two camps regarding this sort of info

There will be those who are like ''i don;t want to know...i'm not going to do anything about it anyway so i'd rather not know'' and then there are those that ARE interested and DO want to know

I know i'm not living in the states and do find the story interesting but if i was living in yellowstone i would STILL want to know. I am in that second camp of people who DO like to know whats going on and who DO actually take steps often to mitigate the effects of some of the potential risks

Its not just a problem in yellowstone although that is obviously the motherlode it is a problem around the pacific rim. There has just been a big eruption in ecuador:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...credible-sixmilehigh-ash-coloumn-9240805.html

There was of course a series of quakes that then damaged Fukishima

Is this all just part of a process of the movement of the earth crust and so on or is it some sort of gaia effect where our planet is in fact an organism that is in pain and reacting to the things being done to it or are earthquakes being created by HAARP or is there a connection between our consciousness and this so called 'physical reality' with all the turbulence going on in our collective consciousn ess with all the wars and economic disasters and so on then manifesting in our physical world as physical disasters?

I don't know but there sure does seem to be a lot of strange things happening at the moment and I only speak about a fraction of the stuff i hear about here....sometimes it seems like the whole world is going crazy; my hope is that this crazyness is part of a necessary catharsis...a painful cleansing process for humankind

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] Have you ever considered that what you are potentially really concerned about is that all of humanity is really just small and doesn't have control over much of anything?

We'll know soon enough I guess. It's not like we can up and evacuate 15-20 states which are each the size of some small countries.

If it's gonna happen then those buffalo aren't going to get away. Stop running, you'll just die tired.

Holy shit! If that is true... Humans may be disconnected from the natural world but the other species remember where they came from. Those animals know what they are talking about. I wouldn't have believe scientists until I saw smoke but I'll believe that! The reports seem shaky at this point. I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information on whether there is or isn't a mass exodus so whatever. Hopefully that will become more clear soon. If there is mass exodus, the US is about to get redecorated.

You all do know when it goes off its not just an American thing? The global temperature plummets for years upon years, crops die etc. Americas economy ceases, as a result so does the worlds, at least in the way people are used to. While not an extinction level event, its the next closest thing.

Holy shit! If that is true... Humans may be disconnected from the natural world but the other species remember where they came from. Those animals know what they are talking about. I wouldn't have believe scientists until I saw smoke but I'll believe that! The reports seem shaky at this point. I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information on whether there is or isn't a mass exodus so whatever. Hopefully that will become more clear soon. If there is mass exodus, the US is about to get redecorated.

You shouldn't be worried. The popular consensus in the geologic community is that there is no evidence to support the claim that Yellowstone will be the epicenter of a catastrophic event at any point in the foreseeable future. If somebody reveals compelling scientific data that supports the claim that Yellowstone should erupt in the foreseeable future, then you should be worried.

Also, this:

You all do know when it goes off its not just an American thing? The global temperature plummets for years upon years, crops die etc. Americas economy ceases, as a result so does the worlds, at least in the way people are used to. While not an extinction level event, its the next closest thing.

It would very much be a global thing, and totally non-manipulable with our current level of technology. I disagree with the "not an extinction-level event" bit, but that's neither here nor there. It would be everybody's problem, of that much we can be certain from our observation of sizable volcanic eruptions in the past.

You shouldn't be worried. The popular consensus in the geologic community is that there is no evidence to support the claim that Yellowstone will be the epicenter of a catastrophic event at any point in the foreseeable future. If somebody reveals compelling scientific data that supports the claim that Yellowstone should erupt in the foreseeable future, then you should be worried.
I'm familiar with what the geologic community thinks it knows, what it's willing to share, and why there's a distinction. Wildlife making a mass exodus out of the park is the clearest scientific evidence of eminent eruption I could imagine, short of lava and ash. The land in the park is bulging. The bulges are measured in miles and they are rising inches per year. We've never recorded bulging to that degree before. Earthquakes are become more common there. All this is pertinent. The data says there's activity going on. That volcano is prepping for an eruption! It could be a false alarm and the pressure could subside with out eruption. It could be a less than "super" event. We could find pieces of Wyoming on the moon. This is what we know: the volcano is preparing for eruption. An exodus would make a false alarm seriously unlikely. I don'f fear the natural world or what it's capable of but if exodus is what happening here then we have a volcano about to go off.

Reactions: say what
I'm familiar with what the geologic community thinks it knows, what it's willing to share, and why there's a distinction. Wildlife making a mass exodus out of the park is the clearest scientific evidence of eminent eruption I could imagine, short of lava and ash. The land in the park is bulging. The bulges are measured in miles and they are rising inches per year. We've never recorded bulging to that degree before. Earthquakes are become more common there. All this is pertinent. The data says there's activity going on. That volcano is prepping for an eruption! It could be a false alarm and the pressure could subside with out eruption. It could be a less than "super" event. We could find pieces of Wyoming on the moon. This is what we know: the volcano is preparing for eruption. An exodus would make a false alarm seriously unlikely. I don'f fear the natural world or what it's capable of but if exodus is what happening here then we have a volcano about to go off.

Your waffling within this post aside:

1.) There is no "mass exodus." There is a video on YouTube showing some buffalo running down the road, along with the claim that they are leaving the park. In fact, if park officials are to be believed, they are running a road leading further into the park, not out of it.

2.) The uplift has been occurring as long as there have been measurements done on the exact topography of the park (decades). There is nothing happening that has been upsetting to anyone who watches the numbers on a weekly basis. See Lerxst's post above.

3.) Nobody "knows" the caldera is preparing to erupt. Of the known signs that precede volcanic eruptions, none have been seen so far at Yellowstone.

4.) If you don't agree with the theory of plate tectonics (or geology as it is understood in general), conduct research and create a theory that explains the movements and formations in the earth's lithosphere and interior, then publish it for review. If you think the current base of knowledge is inadequate or incorrect, work within the method to change it. That is science.

[video=youtube;l1vwuBA6Gfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vwuBA6Gfk[/video]

@muir Have you ever considered that what you are potentially really concerned about is that all of humanity is really just small and doesn't have control over much of anything?

Oh i'm fully aware of that

It's just i don't believe we are powerless

I think we each have choices we can make

i do find it interesting how you constantly attack me in an attempt to undermine my character rather than addressing anything i talk about

I believe that is called 'ad hominum'