That. Thus do we live
Not having chosen
What which we live as.​

If you had had the choice,
What would be different about
You?​

Last edited:
i would not be afraid.

I don't think its a healthy question to ask.
Change the things you can, accept the things you can't.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so damn brilliant.

It's really quite a burden.

I wouldn't be so damn brilliant.

It's really quite a burden.

This, but worded slightly less pretentious. Ignorance really is bliss.

Um. I'd have the power to see cake through walls.

And then one day there'd be a hostage situation in the jellybean factory, and the FBI would come to me and be like "WE NEED YOUR HELP" and I'd be like "I only see cake through walls, it's useless. I can't even see jellybeans through walls."

And they'd be like "No! We has a plan!" and they drop a cake bomb through the ceiling and it covers all the peoples in cake so I can see all of them through the wall and everybody gets saved.

Reactions: MindYourHead
I might have been a woman...or I might have been less "brilliant," yes -- at least in a way that would allow me to be more social.

I might have been someone who's more happy. I might have a better metabolism and a better body. I might be more handsome.

But, now, I really think there's much wisdom in acd's words. I could go through everything about myself and try to swap it for what I think is better...but, just being alive and just having something as miraculous as a human body and a human brain is amazing, in itself! If everyone had had the choice, would we all then be the same? I'm not sure...

I would have made that left turn at Albuquerque.

It might be less fun to have less flaws. Less to pine and be angsty and kept awake in the dark over. Less feelings of success to be had when they've been overcome.

I wish I had spent more time exercising and being outside.
I also wish I had made sure that I would get a job that let me spend more time outside.
All of this sitting around is killing me.

I would trust my own instincts more often instead of letting the people around me deceive me.

I wish I had my current confidence and clarity years ago. I can't change the past though, so I'll just take what I've learned and go continue to grow!! Hopefully my knowledge can be used to help someone someday....

For every one thing I would change I worry about the knock on effect it would have and how different I would turn out from how I am now.

Be a woman = But being a man is rather core to who I am.
Don't meet/go out with someone = I wouldn't have grown and had my judgements changed in a particular way.
Start martial arts from an earlier age = I wouldn't appreciate the clarity of mind it gives me and so the only thing I would learn would be how to take people down.

I'm not brilliant by any standards but I don't think I would want to change a thing.