[INFJ] - I need help: long distance relationship problem | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] I need help: long distance relationship problem

and i told him he's acting kinda clingy

We are pretty similar overall. Stubborn, sensitive, emotional etc..

I think that we both have a problem with admiting that we did something wrong. For example if I prove to him that he's wrong about an argument he says "fuck off, I don't wanna talk anymore" or he says something else that hurts me and then we ignore each other for a while (few hours usually) until he admits he's wrong.. we also perceive these arguments differently. I always get hurt, he always thinks I'm overreacting. But on the other hand he's a super sensitive person as well and I just think he doesn't wanna talk about his emotions and fears. I was probably too harsh in the past wanting him to be strong I guess. And we always laugh about someone of us being clingy but maybe there was always a deeper meaning to it.
I think I understand better now. I was always so sure he loves me and will never leave me that I acted kinda mean or careless. We see each other for Christmas (hopefully) or on my birthday which is a bit sooner... So I guess I will have to wait till then to discuss everything? Through messages is kinda hard

Well, this isn't about protein powder at all. It sounds like you both say things and behave in ways that cause hurt feelings and friction. While a certain amount of this is normal for relationships, the key is learning how to communicate effectively (in a non-accusatory, non-hurtful way... don't tell a man he is clingy) and learning how to take constructive criticism, lose arguments, etc, gracefully. This goes for both of you.

If you haven't already, you need to talk with him. Even if you do ultimately break up, you need to communicate that decision. No ghosting. This protein powder argument is trivial, though, and if you really care about each other, you should be able to move forward.

@Wyote @Milktoast Bandit - Congratulations on your man child.