Hypnogogic Hallucinations | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Hypnogogic Hallucinations

I'm schizoaffective and the only hallucinations I experience are these. Mostly fragments of a sentence, sometimes in a familiar voice, generally not. It was concerning at first, but I'm fine with it now. It occurs generally during stress, or when very tired. I believe these kinds of hallucinations are only quasi-psychotic and not linked to a particular disorder, being somewhat normal occurrences, although I suspect a link with neuroticism.

These types of experiences are common... They typically always occur under circumstances involving poor sleep. Exploding head syndrome... I experience that the most. I have woken up to loud voices in my ear, typically female, uttering something I can't make out. For a while I thought these were paranormal related, and I still wonder if they might be, but this is a real (semi common) hallucination that people experience, so I've read. I'm more inclined to say that they are not OBEs.

Is it possible that there is an overlap between what we think is happening and what is happening/