Hypnagogic jerks | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Hypnagogic jerks

Define "energies" as you see or know them. How are they in disguise? I am trying to see your point of view.
they are forms, usually shapeless, and can manifest themselves any way or form.the good ones are brighter colors, and the mean ones are grey or black.
they have agendas, depending who they are working for (they will not reveal this for fear of being discovered)
they can manipulate humans, nature

they are forms, usually shapeless, and can manifest themselves any way or form.the good ones are brighter colors, and the mean ones are grey or black.
they have agendas, depending who they are working for (they will not reveal this for fear of being discovered)
they can manipulate humans, nature

Ok, so what you are implying is that these energies are doing the bidding of a higher power (God or his advisary). So are you talking about angels and demons, or is this approach too conventional? You don't believe in the energy of dead humans manifesting itself here. But yet you believe this other "energy" is here and trying to influence us? You have some viewpoints that seem inconsistant to me. Not hating here, just a bit confused.

They are not humans spirits
They are working for God, yes, or Satan
But I am not religious so I dont use the names

I am not overtly religious either. You do not believe in the continuation of the human spirit after death then? I am spritual and believe in the beyond that our minds struggle to fathom. You have some interesting viewpoints I am trying to comprehend, please continue....and thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
What do you want to know?
I think the same way we think we know what God is, we think we know about spirits, but they are just primitive presumptions.
I just call God Supreme Being and Spirits as energies, because they are not ghosts. I think our soul goes somewhere, but not back here again. That place we go when asleep, which is not on earth

I think I just had my first experience of this

I was just happily sleeping away, asleep, when I heard this very loud choir sound to my left, a bit off in the distance but still very clear and loud.. It's a choir like you hear often in horror movies but just one resonating sound, not all these words. It woke me up.

When I went back to sleep, I heard footsteps on some sort of metal slab, outside again. Really obvious footsteps. It was in mid-air. There is a clothesline near my window, up in the air. It is as high as that.. 6 feet I suppose? Just next to my window this time.

I'm fairly well read on the subject of the human sleep cycle and all related matters.

I also have a good deal of experience with hypnagogic/hypnopompic jerks, paralysis, hallucinations, and other artifacts.
It's never really bothered me, though this is probably largely in part to me knowing exactly what they were before I even experienced them the first time.

In my experience, hypnic jerks are caused by one of two things.
1: The process of falling asleep.
2: An event in a dream that triggers a reflex. (falling down, getting hurt, etc...)

When falling asleep, your muscles begin to relax. This relaxation can sometimes be interpreted identically to a loss of balance by your nervous system, so a reflex is activated which makes your muscles jerk and go rigid (like when you normally lose your balance). This awakens you, and makes you feel as though you just "fell into bed". (I used to have a source for this, but I can't be arsed to find it, ATM.)

In-dream events that would normally trigger reflexes in real life are able bypass sleep paralysis because they work on a different muscle freqency.
This explains dreams where you trip/fall/get hurt, and then suddenly awake and have the same feeling of having fallen into bed.

Last edited:
i see what you're talking about^
the actual term hypnagogic jerks

but the OP seems to be talking about intelligent energies...
than involuntary movements