How to get a song out of your head? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How to get a song out of your head?

I love you.
You love me.
We're a happy family.
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you.
Won't you say you love me too?

Also: Dive in the deep end and play teaparty with yourself.

It's an original method, but it helps rid my mind of everything that's stuck on repeat.

Years and years may go by when I don't listen to this song but I have never forgotten it. And now it's burrowed its way deeper into my head.

Can't have an earworm thread without the epic sax guy :sunglasses:.

Dear lord. I had erased this from memory and now its back

Years and years may go by when I don't listen to this song but I have never forgotten it. And now it's burrowed its way deeper into my head.

Can't have an earworm thread without the epic sax guy :sunglasses:.

Dear lord. I had erased this from memory and now its back

I never heard it before. Now it's in. Woohoo!! :tongueclosed::tearsofjoy:

I've listened to Killer Queen countless times, but it's not an earworm for me. I wonder if it's because I've listened to Queen a lot, so I hear it in the context of their other songs. That is, if that song is played somewhere, it reminds me of other Queen songs and some good times when I was younger, and that prevents it from getting stuck. Whereas an earworm mostly just reminds you of itself and the last times it got stuck in your head.

This one always gets stuck. I used to hear this everyday in the 8th grade cafeteria for the entire school year. They would play this on an 8 track player. The music on their one 8 track tape just looped over and over again. Day after day. It was agony then and it's still agony now 40 years later. :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

This one always gets stuck. I used to hear this everyday in the 8th grade cafeteria for the entire school year. They would play this on an 8 track player. The music on their one 8 track tape just looped over and over again. Day after day. It was agony then and it's still agony now 40 years later. :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

That reminds me of Ring My Bell, which sometimes rings in my head.

And that reminds me of another song that easily starts to ring: My Ding-a-ling. I don't even need hands to play my ding-a-ling, it plays automatically on repeat.

I've listened to Killer Queen countless times, but it's not an earworm for me. I wonder if it's because I've listened to Queen a lot, so I hear it in the context of their other songs. That is, if that song is played somewhere, it reminds me of other Queen songs and some good times when I was younger, and that prevents it from getting stuck. Whereas an earworm mostly just reminds you of itself and the last times it got stuck in your head.

Possibly! I sometimes get songs stuck in my head when I forget the rest of the lyrics but remember it in parts and it's like my brain is trying to get me to fill in the blanks.

That reminds me of Ring My Bell, which sometimes rings in my head.

And that reminds me of another song that easily starts to ring: My Ding-a-ling. I don't even need hands to play my ding-a-ling, it plays automatically on repeat.

Yeah those get stuck too. Especially Ring My Bell. I had forgotten how repetitive the lyrics are!! Yep that's way it gets stuck. :tonguewink:

Does anyone know how to get a song out of your head?

Some songs will do this every time after I have become familiar with it. And once they're in there then that's it. I'll keep humming or whistling that song for a day or maybe several. LMAO :sweatsmile:

Why does everybody do this?

The trick that helps with any sort of intrusive and/or repetitive thoughts: Arithmetic. Just add, subtract, divide, multiply two or three digit numbers in your head. It works like a charm!

P.S. I didn't read through the entire thread, so I apologize if someone already mentioned this.

Reactions: BritNi
The trick that helps with any sort of intrusive and/or repetitive thoughts: Arithmetic. Just add, subtract, divide, multiply two or three digit numbers in your head. It works like a charm!

P.S. I didn't read through the entire thread, so I apologize if someone already mentioned this.
Interesting. I tried that and found that I can have both going at the same time. I tried going up to a 3 digit number times another 3 digit number and I just start losing track of the carries rather than getting rid of the song in my head.

Interesting. I tried that and found that I can have both going at the same time. I tried going up to a 3 digit number times another 3 digit number and I just start losing track of the carries rather than getting rid of the song in my head.
Huh, that is interesting. Your working memory must be great.

Some songs stay with me for weeks. They beckon my brain to a piano or guitar, where my mind finds the melody. I am merely copying something I am hearing, though people say it is an ear for music(or playing by ear). That might get old picking a guitar with my ear.
Finding it brings tranquility and a feeling of happiness. Maybe a small bit of accomplishment, but it feels like being one with the song in my head.

It is how I feel talking to birds and other wildlife, sometimes just whistling or peeping. I feel at one with nature surrounding me. It is a feeling I truly wish I could share with others.

Reactions: BritNi