How passionate are you? | INFJ Forum

How passionate are you?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
It's clear that we're a passionate lot on this forum . . . even those who're on the quieter side. ;D

So, how passionate are you? And what does this mean for your everyday approach to life, people, and situations especially in decision making?

What do you think are the pros of being very passionate and the cons of being too passionate for relationships?

yeah i think im fairly passionate in my approach to goals and life in general. in some ways it makes decisions easier to make bc im readily aware of where i wanna go, but relationships i think are not so good in this respect bc i may come of as intimidating, not so much whenyou first meet me as i try to be nonchalant and stuff, but more afterwards. but i think its only with people who are super social or rely on scial situations for security and stuff and most people whjere i live aren't so balanced to begin with so its tough to say.

I'm an extremely, extremely intense and passionate person. Because I think that's the way to live life...that's what gives life meaning, when you give it meaning. But at the same time, exterior wise, I'm very peaceful and calm. Being wiser for my age (far, far wiser) I prefer peace and preserving harmony---I'll take the hard knocks if it would help keep things stay stable, I'm too worn out to listen to bickering and all that.

In decision making, my passion allows me to choose the route that leads to my personal happiness. I'm always asking myself, what means more to me in the road of life? What will add to my happiness? In relationships, my ability to empathize does wonderous things. I know for a fact, that my level of passion and my level of empathy put together can be absolutely dangerous, and that if done for someone not worth it, I will be sucking my life out. And die. Literally. So I reserve my passion for those I know who deserve my love (friends and lovers).

Sometimes it scares me how passionate i am, especially when in love, especially because even in romantic love, the deepest part of my love is that of loving the PERSON for who they are. When I say "I love you" (also in friendship)...it means I believe in you, I think you're absolutely gorgeous, if you fall, I will fall too---because everything I see beautiful in this world I see in you, so I'll do ANYTHING to make sure you are okay.

I'm an extremely, extremely intense and passionate person. Because I think that's the way to live life...that's what gives life meaning, when you give it meaning. But at the same time, exterior wise, I'm very peaceful and calm. Being wiser for my age (far, far wiser) I prefer peace and preserving harmony---I'll take the hard knocks if it would help keep things stay stable, I'm too worn out to listen to bickering and all that.

I am also this passionate but i keep it hidden unless something stokes those fires :D

In decision making, my passion allows me to choose the route that leads to my personal happiness. I'm always asking myself, what means more to me in the road of life? What will add to my happiness? In relationships, my ability to empathize does wonderous things. I know for a fact, that my level of passion and my level of empathy put together can be absolutely dangerous, and that if done for someone not worth it, I will be sucking my life out. And die. Literally. So I reserve my passion for those I know who deserve my love (friends and lovers).

Good advice.

Sometimes it scares me how passionate i am, especially when in love, especially because even in romantic love, the deepest part of my love is that of loving the PERSON for who they are. When I say "I love you" (also in friendship)...it means I believe in you, I think you're absolutely gorgeous, if you fall, I will fall too---because everything I see beautiful in this world I see in you, so I'll do ANYTHING to make sure you are okay.

DAMN! you write with such feeling, that i'm honestly floored by how you say what you say. Anyway, I tend to feel the same btw. I can't love lightly. I have to give my all, and when i do, it's complete. If someone is laid back or seems to hold back, then it won't feel as there's love. As a result, i'll feel as if i've expended all this energy for nothing.

I am very passionate towards anything I love, to the point I am sacrificial.
I can see it as my future written in stone.
I am resilient and loyal to my word and passions by nature.
If something does get in the way of what I want to achieve, I find a way to work around it, to me its a test to see how much I really I want it and what I will do to get it.
I tend to introspect and question myself and the situation very deeply before making a decision that I know will change the course of what I am trying to achieve.

I am very passionate about what I learn and what I do. My passion is my drive and motivation for working long hours a day. Without my passion I don't think I'll be able to learn, participate, or feel involved the way I do.

So from that perspective, passion is certainly a positive thing to have in life. On the other hand, passion can be overtake you, blind you and burn you in flames. Passion needs to be tamed with reason and sound judgement when making decisions and planning ahead.

All in all, I can't see a reason to live without passion in your life. =)

I am passionate (and almost foolhardy) in my work because I can focus on the overall cause/issue/objective and bypass/work-through the obstacles. People like working with me because of this energy...it comes from years of experience and knowing how things in my field work. This also means that I tend to not freak out over things....folks like the positive calm I (seemingly) exude. That's what they say anyway.

I have also learned/experienced much from that inner quality of fullness/connection that allows one to explore and grow without fear of loss or lack. This energy is not to be underestimated...I have often seen it's underpinnings at work in the course of an endeavor. It has meant a great deal in my own personal growth, too.

Normally I am seen as calm and unmotivated. However, when I went to the counseling center this past spring though the doctoral candidate I saw claimed I was by far the most passionate person he had ever met.

I would consider myself to be extremely passionate, however, I'm very reserved in expressing this passion. It actually makes me feel quite torn at times. Sometimes I desperately want to inspire or encourage others with my passions, but I'm also always keeping in mind that other people may not see things the way I do (actually, they almost never do). Actually a lot of my passions are quite eccentric. So, I usually keep it to myself, wait until an appropriate opportunity arises to get the other person's perspective, understand the context in which they're thinking etc.; If I don't do this first, I might erupt into an emotional mess and lose my focus, or I become very awkward because I don't know what to say, which I desperately try to avoid, and I end up rambling. That's when I would say being passion, in my case, is not all that great. It bugs me sometimes, because this means a lot of the time my passions go unnoticed or unheard, but when someone takes the time to talk to me and dig deep, people are often surprised to find that I'm passionate about a wide range of things.

Some people, in contrast, are actually very good and extremely effective at motivating others with their obvious passion (primalily, I find, types who use Fi as a dominant or secondary function). If they become comfortable socially, they really make an impact just by being themselves. Now, some very passionate people have a tendency to be dominant and overbearing, which can scare people off or make them uncomfortable. That's another case where too much passion probably isn't the best. So, I think that to know what level of passion is appropriate in relationships, it's good to know who you're with and the setting you're in. Within yourself, though, I think passion should be nourished, grown, and supported. It's one of the aspects of life that helps us to grow wiser and make a difference in the world.

I am also this passionate but i keep it hidden unless something stokes those fires :D

Good advice.

DAMN! you write with such feeling, that i'm honestly floored by how you say what you say. Anyway, I tend to feel the same btw. I can't love lightly. I have to give my all, and when i do, it's complete. If someone is laid back or seems to hold back, then it won't feel as there's love. As a result, i'll feel as if i've expended all this energy for nothing.

Hehe I'm glad that my passion is appreciated by you, Anita! But I have to agree though, my extreme passionate nature isn't seen by many people, or people don't realize. I think my passion is correlated to my strength. My will to continue, the love I have for certain elements of life and people are what keep those flames going. It's an inner core that burns like a steady flame...but it's not a violent one that someone else might see immediately because of it's flashiness. A lot of the time, I think people are surprised by my feistiness and feeling when it comes out---because I'm so mature, I'm not so easily provoked or lose control of my emotions. More than anything, I get ticked off :p~ But when I show my love or faith in something, I really do (as it defines me as a person, and keeps me alive).