How Others Think | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How Others Think

Reactions: Sandie33
I don't care about how others think. I'm more interested in what they specifically think, that's information that can be used in your favor because it's more immediately useful.

Impractical knowledge isn't for me.

I've always wanted to be a mind-reader if given any choice of superpower. :D

You see a man throw your child down a well. It was compleatly unprovoked and catches you off guard. The man stands there smiling at you and you can hear the child screaming and crying in the well. What do you do?

I know this is old, but I want to try illustrating my thought process to this!

-> I read over once with no real conscious thought; reading again, I imagine the man standing there smiling and I get the creeps.

-> My mind is stuck there for awhile as I try to flesh out this man. A bit kaleidoscopic as his image forms. In the end, his character's still a bit murky, but I get the sense he's more... oblivious than malicious.

-> I wonder who's coming up with this scenario -> see MBTI ENTP poster -> something clicks -> I decide smiling man is trying to see what happens if he pushes the child in (both child's and my reaction)

-> By now I wonder what others might have thought while reading the scenario -> I realize I completely ignored the question "What do you do?" and that I didn't even really place myself in the situation like the other posters did. Does this mean I lack empathy by being at this level of detachment? OH NOOOO, AM I NOT EVEN A FEELER? -> Some self-dissection

-> I try again to imagine myself in the situation, this time 1st-person. I'm going to be stunned first, then scream, "WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO MY CHILD???!!!" while running over to the well where I'll probably stupidly and uselessly watch my kid flounder. I'll probably jump in too because...

-> research wells

-> I give up; it's dinner and besides, this part doesn't matter anymore because there would probably be a big gap between what I think I'll do and what I will do in the actual situation anyway.