How important is physical beauty in attraction for you? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How important is physical beauty in attraction for you?

What most attracts you to a potential mate and how prominently does the person's physical appearance factor into that attraction?

Physical factors are important to me. I like good self representation, such as clean clothes, good hygiene and a nice smile. I have a hard time understanding "beauty" though, as that usually comes with attachment for me. The more attached I am to someone, the more beautiful they become. Most important however is a certain vibe, that we are on the same wave length. I find it quite seldom nowadays, and when I do I try to be very careful, since that vibe usually means that the person is a "dark user" (someone who will fake attachment to me to get whatever they are looking for).

What is one thing that would immediately stop an attraction for you?

Bad hygiene, but I will ignore that too if the person in other ways is worthwhile (intelligent, funny, kind, relaxed, has own interests, talks about economy, ebola and black holes).

I don't really know.. some of the guys I've liked the most IRL (obviously celebrities aren't counted), haven't been the most spectacular looking, but I become sort of attached or entranced by their physical features for some reason.

I think I spend so much time in my head sometimes, that when the way some guy looks or moves stands out to me, I become positively enchanted. Maybe I'm dumb to be like that heh.

I think I'm sort of the opposite of the way people here have said they see things. I can like someone a lot for who they are on the inside, but as soon as I look up and see their face and my standards are not fulfilled, any romantic potential is immediately extinguished lol.

This guy is the epitome of everything I despise

[video=youtube;-Y8x44-uBZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8x44-uBZ0[/video]

[video=youtube;zvP3DFbRKKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvP3DFbRKKs[/video]

(LOL yes I watch ANTM)

rooofl i loled throughout this

i would definitely give him the time of day LOL that's a one of a kind personality

Reactions: Switchgirl
It's important but not as important as inner beauty. I wouldn't date the most handsome Adonis in the world if his heart would be ugly. I think it's those little things what makes the person so attractive... Genuine smile, funny laugh, dimples or fluffy hair. Or the way he touches, hehe. He needs to have some humor too, but without forgetting the real world. Maybe because my head is always in the clouds, I need to have someone who can make me grounded.

Personally, I need both. I have never felt attracted to someone that I didn't think was physically appealing. Then again, I very rarely feel attracted to anyone. When it does happen, it starts with physicality, and then the emotional/personal stuff becomes evident. I don't know if I'm just shallow or what, but I've met plenty of girls who I thought had nice personalities, but because they weren't physically attractive, I wasn't attracted to them. That being said, I've also met plenty of girls I found physically attractive to whom I was not attracted.