How have others consistently described you? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How have others consistently described you?

In no particular order, here's my social tropes.

Strangers: Antisocial, quiet, "dress nice"/stylish, beautiful/pretty, very intelligent/smart, Thinker.
Friends (more or less): Funny, weird, adorable, smart, nerd/geek, "mentally mature out of all of us", stoic, sexy/hot/attractive, stylish, shrink/psychiatrist/therapist, trustworthy, doesn't care, innocent, evil. The last two depend on who's more aware of my mental quirks. ;)
Family: Stoic, alone/withdrawn, weird, antisocial, intelligent, intellectual, Thinker, shrink, psychiatrist, psychology nut, computer geek, Jap geek, "full of music"(I listen to music a lot), "IQ" (my only sibling is "Common Sense" He's ISTJ. xD )

strangers: intimidating, "deep guy", calm, serious, very confident, thoughtful, rigid, interesting

friends: kind, afectionate, very funny, ironic, subtle, inflexible, romantic, interesting, hard to-get-to-know

teachers: very smart, philosophical, genius, ironic, insightful, great potential, dreamer, hard to debate with

negatives: too serious, too rigid, too deep, proud ( wich by the way,I think everyone is ), lazy, idiot, weird, weird logic, idealistic, strange ideas, manipulative, selfish ( again, everyone must be that, or at least most ) not friendly, shy, intimidating ( these last two are a paradox apparently )

"Pure energy"
"Charismatic"
"Bold"
"Clever"
"Hardcore optimist"
"Motivated"

In no particular order:
Acquaintances:
Proper
Reserved
Genuine
Distant
Serious
Quiet
Polite
Tall

Friends:

Asshole
Dirty Minded
Sick Fu**
Driven
Perfectionist
Protective
Meticulous
Tall

Kind
Perfectionist
Stubborn
Intuitive
Loyal
Overemotional
Overprotective
Anxious
Intelligent

"Intellectual", "wise", "smart", "idealistic"/"unrealistic", "thinks too much", "stubborn", "analytical", "sensitive", "mysterious"/"anonymous", "abstract", "absent-minded", "lazy" (not so much anymore), "somewhat lacking in 'common' sense"--and more recently, "guru". xD

Last edited:
i hear this a lot, especially from the more extroverted types, which in a strange sense i am attracted too

"will, you're too quiet."

i hear it a lot..

i've moved around so much all my life that no one really has had a chance to know ME..

not even my family, to them i'm just

"weird"

i am quiet though, ghost-like even

one aunt described me as a spook once, before i joined the navy and became one.. lol

Reactions: Elis
Very chill, cool, and calm person with sad resting face

recently older people have been telling my mom to sign me up for Miss Chinese Vancouver but I think it's mostly just to flatter my mom

Reactions: Elis
I think It's time to resurrect the Johari/Nohari thread.

I think It's time to resurrect the Johari/Nohari thread.

**cough cough** you'll have to excuse me, there's just so much dust.

(But yes, do it.)

should have been a detective

Weird, but good weird.

Almost everyone I know aside from my mother perhaps.

Intense
Hyper
Social Butterfly
Charismatic
Bubbly
Outgoing
Quiet
Overthinking
Serious
Hard-Working
Meticulous
Orderly
Ambitious
Type-A
Diligent
Strong
Sensitive
Wise
Inspiring

Strangers see me as reserved and mystic, and I've gotten a lot of "hard-to-get" comments from guys. In reality I'm just trying to avoid unnecessary small-talk as much as possible.

Friends often see me as an always-happy-social person.. which it's just ridiculously wrong. That's just my Fe, and I don't want to be rude and leave.

My best friends have had the joys of experiencing my more quirky, complex and stubborn side. But while other people call me kind, they've often told me that I create unnecessary stress for myself because of my lack of "tough love". I'm too occupied with other peoples emotions, and I apparently work waaay too hard to avoid hurting someones feelings.

My family find me independent, stubborn and ambitious, but they also recognize my low threshold for stress.

My boyfriends are the ones that have known me the best, and what seems to stick is: unique, funny, quirky, passionate, complex, reflected, stubborn and devoted. Complex is a big one, but I think that's because I've only been with thinking-types.

Honestly, I can be manipulative, but in a very discreet way.. so few have ever pointed it out.

Last edited:
Strangers, Acquaintances, and Classmates: Reserved, stern, intelligent, articulate, Spock-like, and mysterious, in ascending order.
Professors: Paradoxical, philosophical, poetic, and elucidative.
Friends: Light-hearted, content, goofy, penetrative, and motivational.
Family (Mother): "As kind and eccentric as you are driven"

Reactions: barbad0s