How have others consistently described you? | INFJ Forum

How have others consistently described you?

What are some ways that other people have consistently described you, personality-wise?
Intimidating (until they get to know me), Intelligent, Passive, Assertive, Insightful, Wise,Intuitive, Compassionate, Too Nice, Kind, Naive, Know-it-All, Stubborn, ambivalent, weird

in no particular order: smart quiet/reserved, serious, weird.

Reactions: Elis
People's descriptions of me have been pretty consistent.

Strangers: Shy, serious, cold, intimidating.
Friends: Reserved, intelligent, deep, funny, blunt, weird.
Family: Unmotivated, intelligent, over thinker, funny, insightful, thoughtful.

straight-up, funny, eccentric, artistic, intelligent

My boss told me today that he hired me because I exude confidence and can think quickly on my feet. I've been told this by other people as well. Most people tell me that I'm a total sweetheart, very friendly, and that I'm very helpful. Plenty of my professors in the past have taken me to the side and told me that I have the mind of a sponge. They always told me that I have a gift for breaking down difficult theories and teaching them to others. From those that know me personally, I've been told I have a lot of gusto, I'm very responsible, and that I'm a real comedian.

As for the negative? Some people here on the forum have told me that I appear different on here than I do on TC. That I come across cold compared to how I appear on TC. Some others have told me that I can be a bit standoffish or shy. I've had ex lovers tell me that I came across bitchy or intimidating. In fact, plenty of guys find me intimidating because I'm strong-willed. Honestly... I've had people call me every name out of the book because they didn't know how to handle my personality in the past. I rarely get anything negative now.

Funny, distant, intimidating, tough, caring, fair, loyal, intelligent, resilient, kind. I would actually be interested in knowing how folks perceive me on this forum.

That I can recall, I've been called brilliant, quiet, weird, and awesome.

My eldest sister labeled me a misogynist at a family gathering this month. (wtf?)

Nerdy. Intelligent. Stubborn as an ass. Funny (sometimes, not funny, maybe because my approach is throw as much as I can and see what sticks). Weird (mostly behind my back, because they don't know what would an extraterrestrial do).

Ah, an interesting part. The same person told me that I am "too kind for my own good" and on another occasion told me that I am evil (not bad, evil specifically). I suppose it had to do with the Machiavellian tools I had to resort to when being engaged in a very long and complex dispute.

Consistent comments have been: Easy to talk to, can get anyone to open up easily, and witty. And that I look completely normal and like some quiet, pretty girl on the surface, but I'm really unexpectedly wtf weird once they get to know me a bit more.

Usually, I get quiet, goofy, quirky, and friendly. Or dorky. Some that have caused me to raise an eyebrow have been 'living in reality but seeing it as Wonderland', 'sees things differently', 'far too empathetic', and 'don't seem real sometimes' (not 'real' as in insincere but 'real' as in existing). The last ones were meant as compliments and said curiously (not maliciously) but they did make me feel rather...isolated.

Reactions: SealHammer
Pretty much everything Jacobi, Eirene, and JGirl said, also antisocial, sweet, sociopathic, awkward, intense, enigmatic, "literally insane", and "consistently, deeply insightful" (from a teacher in whose class I seldom spoke.)

Those are the ones that stuck out to me, at least. I may be selectively remembering some of the things that are said about me.

E: Ah, opinionated was another big one.

Last edited:
eccentric, insane, sociopathic, avoidant, a stalker, creepy, obsessive, wise, generous, secretive, loving, nerdy, slow, impulsive, aloof.

I've also been described as someone "who looks like he still collects Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards."

Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s
They don't describe me. They just marvel, apparently. :p

"sprinkles can solve this Rubik's cube in blah blah seconds!"
"NO WAY LET ME SEE"
They scramble it. I solve it, really nervously. They time it on their i-phone or whatever.
Them: "HOLY CRAP 53 seconds I could never do that"
Me (blushing) "It's really not that fast..."
Then they get me to talk about how I do it and I wait until they're distracted with each other and then I ninja vanish and they're probably going "Hey, where did the cute little introvert go?"

Reactions: rawr
Too few understand