How Fundies are Destroying Marriage | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How Fundies are Destroying Marriage

Groups like NOM could have piled the millions upon millions they collected into fighting for covenant marriages, restricting the terms of divorce, and providing incentives for women to stay at home rather than work, which would have probably had an enormous impact on protecting the institution of traditional marriage, and maybe even decreasing the attitudes in favor of same sex marriage. However, due to what I percieve to be their major miscalculation, they have dumped that money down the drain on a cause which they are demographically losing with each generation, largely because they did not focus on the true causes behind the decline of traditional marriage, and they have probably ensured traditional marriage's inevitable demise as a result.
I would be curious to see how their approach impacts their own constituency vs. society as a whole.

Traditional marriage appears to be a social institution that is less consistent with the world today, and so other social structures will likely replace it. My understanding is that traditional marriage as a whole functions best with some degree of inequality between the genders, although there are exceptions, but the exceptions typically require some personal redefining.