How do you guys feel about ESTPs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do you guys feel about ESTPs?

I think so.

And when you say you think N and S types complement one another, I pretty much agree. The majority of my friends are SJ and SP. So I am agreeing based on my experiences with Sensors.

What I like best about sensers, SF's in particular, is the eye for beauty that is inherent to them. They help me stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

I get along swimmingly with ESTP's. They're lots of fun and generally quite witty :)

One of my best friends ever is an ESTP. We always joke about it, considering all of the letters are switched.

She jokes that when she was younger, somehow, all of her emotions except anger and happiness got erased. I say they are just temporarily deactivated.

Anywho, I like them for the most part. As long as they understand that I have personal boundaries, and that I'm not just "uptight", I'm cool with it. They coax me out of my shell, and say out loud the things that I only feel comortably saying in my mind. For the most part I find them sharp, fun, and matter-of-fact. There aren't really any barriers. What you see tends to be what you get.
They just tend to lack empathy skills.

i've always experienced an intense attraction toward ESTP women, and until now, i still haven't quite understood why that is. i've never experienced the same amount of pull toward any other type.

it's somewhat disconcerting to know that it'd be highly unlikely for me to settle with an ESTP because our values and interests always clash and yet i can't quite ever get them off my radar.

What I like best about sensers, SF's in particular, is the eye for beauty that is inherent to them. They help me stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

Indeed.

My friends who have tested as being SJ and SP in temperament have really great senses of humor, I think. It seems to be based on observing deviations from the norm. Mostly, they do a lot of improv impersonations that are not so PC and this greatly appeals to my derranged sense of humor. Basically, the kind of humor that seeks to make people uncomfortable.

It's like being at a live Mr. Show taping, only in real life! My brother is an ESTJ and he is actually one of the most hilarious people I have ever met (though he sometimes scores ENTJ, so it's kind of a toss up, maybe?) I digress..

Last edited:
Never met one. But I get on with ESFP's alright, so I assume the same with ESTP's.

One of my best friends ever is an ESTP. We always joke about it, considering all of the letters are switched.

She jokes that when she was younger, somehow, all of her emotions except anger and happiness got erased. I say they are just temporarily deactivated.

Anywho, I like them for the most part. As long as they understand that I have personal boundaries, and that I'm not just "uptight", I'm cool with it. They coax me out of my shell, and say out loud the things that I only feel comortably saying in my mind. For the most part I find them sharp, fun, and matter-of-fact. There aren't really any barriers. What you see tends to be what you get.
They just tend to lack empathy skills.

Interesting... Thanks for sharing! You guys must feel really comfortable around each other. Could be a duality :D

Interesting... Thanks for sharing! You guys must feel really comfortable around each other. Could be a duality :D

Yeah for the most part. And we both love MBTI.

In psychology class before the lecturings starts, we sit around and say things like "Who are we gonna type today?"

And we have to sort files at service, and sometimes I'll aimlessly throw away the wrong thing and she'll say "You need to be more sensor!"

And she also jokes that I need to take agression classes. We're just used to eachother and our quirks.

i'd like to meet an ESTP with a well rounded Fe function

I've known a few ESTPs. I like them a lot. They always seem to have a rugged yet down to earth 'can do' charisma. I've never found it difficult to get along with these people because our differences compliment well... but then I've got a pretty solid Se and Ti because my dad is an ISTP. I've had lots of experience with the type.