How do you feel about Public Speaking. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you feel about Public Speaking.

Fulfilling criteria is one thing, but was your argument/reasoning sound? Were you convincing? If not then you can fulfill criteria and still get a lower mark.

I wish I would have been around to respond to this thread, I would have helped you if you wanted my help. You could have just sent a copy of your speech to me.

Thank you so much for caring, I really appreciate it.
I can send you a copy if you wan't because tomorrow I'm going to talk to him about how it was unfair advantage to the others who were allowed a discussion and questions to raise their grade. And the fact that I did reach all criterias for top marks but still got a low score. Although my mother think that he was joking with the wink because he knew that I was worried.

Anyway, my arguments were very well reasoned and I took on different perspectives. Believe me I spoke to several people including my mentor and coordinator who told me to talk to him and confront him. If he does not justify his reason and rethink the advantage thing, there will be an investigation.

Also, there were two other boys who made a presentation together who simply READ FACTS out of a history books. Quoting somebody elses works the whole time but attained 17 marks when the criteria stated that different perspectives and a personal approach should be taken.

Public speaking really makes me nervous & I don't think I could ever talk in front of a giant crowd (a crowd with hundreds of thousands of people), just the thought of it terrifies me. :m196:

Actually i really like to be in front of hundreds of people, i love to do it. Trust me, the hardest part is getting the nerve to go and stand up in front of lots of people, the rest is really easy.
I am EXTREMELY shy. I was so shy in ninth grade that i would skip class because i was so afraid of peoples opinions about me and what i looked like and what not. I was so scared. I was so sick of being so shy that i couldn't even talk to anyone ever...not even small talk, or anything. I was so sick of being so afraid to ask questions to the teacher in school that i was falling behind in my learning. I was so sick and tired of people not hearing what i had to say, so one day i was like, THAT'S IT! I'm done with being so freaking shy, I'm going to force myself to talk to others, I'm going to face my fear and I'm not going to back down, cause I'm not a quitter. So i made myself take a drama class in 10th grade, that was so scary, i was so horrified of that class that every single day i had to go into it i would cry before i went in. Then i had to perform in front of a hundred people or so for my first play and that scared the living crap out of me, i thought i was going to fall or faint. But i got through it, and the play turned out very well. Right now, I'm forcing myself into debate, i am a little scared but i am going to do it and i'm gonna do it right. nothings going to stop me. i dunno maybe i'll be a govenor when i get older...or maybe a public speaker of some sort *shrugs*Maybe i'll be a motivational speaker...

I abhor it! :Cry: :m192:

Hahahaha yeah I'm a nervous wreck. I almost always found a way to avoid it back in Middle School/High School when we had to make some kind of presentation.
What can I say, I'm a reeeaallly shy person.
Same here, I think I can categorically say that both of those sentences apply to me. :peep: Even the mere thought of it is enough to terrify me. Heck, we've got one coming up in 2 days' time and I've already been planning my route of avoidance lol- doctor's and dentist's appointment and all that. Mind you, it's unlikely that I'm going to implement it. We're going to have to present at some stage or other and if it goes well (unlikely as it is), it'll be a good confidence boost. I'm trying to envisage it going as well as planned, but it's hard not to think how it could be potentially awkward. :eek:

I have huge admiration for people who can do that, though. Have no idea why, but I always admire people who can do things that I know I never could.

Actually i really like to be in front of hundreds of people, i love to do it. Trust me, the hardest part is getting the nerve to go and stand up in front of lots of people, the rest is really easy.
I am EXTREMELY shy. I was so shy in ninth grade that i would skip class because i was so afraid of peoples opinions about me and what i looked like and what not. I was so scared. I was so sick of being so shy that i couldn't even talk to anyone ever...not even small talk, or anything. I was so sick of being so afraid to ask questions to the teacher in school that i was falling behind in my learning. I was so sick and tired of people not hearing what i had to say, so one day i was like, THAT'S IT! I'm done with being so freaking shy, I'm going to force myself to talk to others, I'm going to face my fear and I'm not going to back down, cause I'm not a quitter. So i made myself take a drama class in 10th grade, that was so scary, i was so horrified of that class that every single day i had to go into it i would cry before i went in. Then i had to perform in front of a hundred people or so for my first play and that scared the living crap out of me, i thought i was going to fall or faint. But i got through it, and the play turned out very well. Right now, I'm forcing myself into debate, i am a little scared but i am going to do it and i'm gonna do it right. nothings going to stop me. i dunno maybe i'll be a govenor when i get older...or maybe a public speaker of some sort *shrugs*Maybe i'll be a motivational speaker...
I salute you!

Last edited: