How do INFJs communicate? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do INFJs communicate?

So, if I want to know what an INFJ is REALLY thinking, I should just be a total prick?

Well drat, here I was being my usual demure self hoping they'd eventually take pity on my admirable efforts and talk back to me.

Bleghablah.

This is just for the benefit of everyone:

IF I DO NOT REPLY TO YOU IMMEDIATELY IT IS BECAUSE
I NEED TO TAKE TIME TO THINK ABOUT HOW BEST TO
ARTICULATE MYSELF. THIS SOMETIMES TAKES ME WEEKS.
I KNOW, HOW INCONVENIENT.

(I used all caps for emphasis; not to express anger.)

Reactions: Wyote
Hrm.

I don't approach emotions as some NT's do, as the anti-Intellect and catalyst to the apocalypse.

Rather, more like an esoteric and befuddling knowledge that some possess, and others carelessly toss about.

I understand it requires respect, and pussyfooting though I generally misunderstand it entirely.

Of course I'd rather not feel it, for the misfortune it brings, but it does intrigue me.

Reactions: Bird
(Yeah Bird, but what if they then go on to articulate wondrously on other topics to other people, after not being capable of replying to yours? Doesn't this disprove the concept of a expressive drought?)

(Yeah Bird, but what if they then go on to articulate wondrously on other topics to other people, after not being capable of replying to yours? Doesn't this disprove the concept of a expressive drought?)

Your lack of n's irritate me.
I'm sharing this because I know deep
down, you care.

What do you mean what happens?
Communication ceases. Nbd.

Lack of N's? I don't get it...

In my accent?

Uhm, also, what does NBD mean?

Never back down?

I don't like pressurising INFJ's, they're too sweet.

Reactions: Wyote
Lack of N's? I don't get it...

In my accent?

Uhm, also, what does NBD mean?

Never back down?

I don't like pressurising INFJ's, they're too sweet.

I know you don't get it.
If you knew what I was
talking about, you probably
wouldn't repetitiously make
the error.

Nbd. = No big deal.

You are mistaken. The monkeys are nothing more than an annoyance.

:mhula::m027::m051::m075::m052::m197::m054::m015::m067::m145: where is that little devil smile when I need it ;)

I've noticed the same thing, it's just general INFJ behavior it seems. Normally they're really expressive, but every so often they just shut down and it does kill the communication a bit.

It's just a little fault in the wonderful INFJ world though, and if you take the time you can start to pick up on what the silences mean.
rofl.... :)
So, if I want to know what an INFJ is REALLY thinking, I should just be a total prick?

Well drat, here I was being my usual demure self hoping they'd eventually take pity on my admirable efforts and talk back to me.

Bleghablah.
Hmmm total prick is a very bad move....I am not too forgiving of pricks....and not likely to establish any kind of friendship...ever. Prick=bad character...not interested in that. ....but a smile without words works wonders :D
No one talks to you??? awwww you poor pitiful thing... :(
Hrm.

I don't approach emotions as some NT's do, as the anti-Intellect and catalyst to the apocalypse.
Wise man :)

Then I hope you won't complain about said error, being incapable of articulating exactly what it is. :p

Nbd? That depends, I might have asked a question of great importance, or revealed something personal to which the answer is quite scary.

haha well i still think the monkeys are cute..:mhula: especially this one.. and how infjs communicate well in my case, i communicate as much as i think i can get away with relaying to any person, i dont like to sugar coat but i do omit it, if i sense they will start arguing about it, i hate sugar coating things but i think there is a way to relay truth without it sounding obnoxious,rude, and cause an inflated argument. Infjs want to help the person, by being as truthful to that person as possible, so they can see their flaws work on them and grow. We like to work on our flaws and be really real with ourselves, so that we can grow and understand ourselves better.

Me? Wise? Nah, I'm just careful.

I learned from my cat.

Uhm, I don't smile.

(Don't hit me dove >.<)

Though for a very good set of reasons.

[MENTION=2635]Melkor[/MENTION] -- When do you most notice your INFJ friends withdrawing and skidding the conversation? Is it usually when you're in a certain kind of mood, when you bring up a certain topic, when you're caught in a certain repeated situation?

It may mean nothing; we can lock up at a moments notice randomly with anyone. Some friends I never stammer with, and some friends I always do. But the people that I never stammer with a not necessarily always the people I hold in highest regards (and vice-versa), so don't fret.

Uhm, [MENTION=3200]Gloaming[/MENTION]:, I don't really have any INFJ friends. I'm just refering to chats I've had on the forum.

I guess INFJ's need a really sincere, extroverted person to forcibly connect with them.

I'm normally quite guarded and distant, not just to be an ass, it's just the only thing I'm comfortable with. I doubt an INFJ would bother to befriend me, however so much I'd like it.

Uhm, @Gloaming:, I don't really have any INFJ friends. I'm just refering to chats I've had on the forum.

I guess INFJ's need a really sincere, extroverted person to forcibly connect with them.

I'm normally quite guarded and distant, not just to be an ass, it's just the only thing I'm comfortable with. I doubt an INFJ would bother to befriend me, however so much I'd like it.

My experience has been quite the opposite. I have three close INFJ friends and all three of us are drawn to INTJs like bugs to a zapper. Six of my eight girlfriends were INTJ along with two of my bestfriends, for starters. The other two have similar cases. I think that distance would actually make a normal INFJ more interested because it's a challenge. I mean, people will drop their entire life story on me within minutes of exchanging names, that's old news. There is nothing more rewarding than having a guarded NT give a little ground emotionally.

I have an ENTJ bestfriend who deploys to Afganistan on Monday. I don't think his face remembers how to smile. Now, I can obviously tell that he's having concerns now that it's last minute, but that's because I'm keen on subtle changes and I've known him for over a decade. The other night, he mentioned that I need to get off work a little earlier this week, but that next week it doesn't matter. Awkward though it was, that was far more rewarding than a million EFs hugging me like a teddybear. Admittedly, that last example would probably freak me out and I'd probably hurt people in my desperate attempt to flee.

Um... no. Not necessarily.

This is an issue, I know. There are people where I've seen glimpses of their personality and i know that I could connect with them. But because they are INXX types and act like the above, it's hard to do so. I am also like this in return as a result of the frustration to connect with them. You have to catch 'em on a high, maybe?

Um... no. Not necessarily.

This is an issue, I know. There are people where I've seen glimpses of their personality and i know that I could connect with them. But because they are INXX types and act like the above, it's hard to do so. I am also like this in return as a result of the frustration to connect with them. You have to catch 'em on a high, maybe?

I almost feel as though his second comment is in regards to me.

Melkor's second comment or my second comment?

Melkor's.

Yeah, I'm not sure either, she quoted you, but logically, refering to me would make more sense.

Heh, I'm not refering to you Bird dear, most of those concerned are newbies you've never heard of, others I'm still patiently waiting on.

Hrm, so, I should just wait until we both have those rare extroverted introvert should I ever meet an INFJ?

Hrm, so, I should just wait until we both have those rare extroverted introvert should I ever meet an INFJ?

Or.. not give a fuck about type and just find people you get along with? It happens you know.

Reactions: middle1 and Bird
Does it?

I don't really get along with people.:(

Most of the time we ignore each other, if not it's hostility for no responding frequently enough, and perhaps rarely, someone I can chat with.

I mean, I've never went any further than. I had friends when I was younger, but I don't get out much. Oddly, I like this, but sometimes I just feel like I'm missing something... Like when I see friends out together... Hrm.

It's like a pang.

Bleh.

Still, INFJ's seem to be good friends.