How are Germans different from Americans? | INFJ Forum

How are Germans different from Americans?

Hyuri

Regular Poster
Dec 9, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm curious because I'm going to ask this German girl out. What are some of the main differences between Germans and Americans when it comes to communicating? Are the more or less emotionally reserved? More or less romantic?

Indulge my curiousity!

They hate Jews and we are run by Jews.

Germans are from Germany and Americans are from America.
North or South. As we were unspecific.

In other news just go ask her out. The more you think about it and plan the more contrived, artificial, and creepy it becomes. Its probably is already that way.

They make amazing beer. Oh god I would love me some German beer right now... wait what where talking about....

Oh buy her beer she will love you. Actually I don't know if she will find that funny. :m200:

What part of Germany is she from?

From the South: she might be a little reserved and cool in her affection, but when she gets to know you, she will be the sweetest person imaginable.

From Central Germany: she might be a little reserved and cool in her affection, but when she gets to know you she will be nice and somewhat reserved.

From the North: she will definitely be cool and reserved, but when she gets to know you, she will be a controlling, heartless woman of iron.

:p

Americans on the other hand:

From the South: Loud, opinionated and friendly.

From the Centre: Not-quite-so-loud, opinionated and closed.

From the North: Loud, thoughful, and closed.

Somehow I don't think we are helping him very much. I can't answer your question. Maybe another member can. :m075:

Choose five random Americans and you will get five random personalities.

Choose five random Germans and you will get five random personalities

Just ask her out

Culture does play a slight role, but remember people are still people regardless of where they are from so they will have different personalities.

You can go by stereotypes(some include cool, responsible yet enjoy drinking etc), but this most of the times is how the rest of the world perceives the culture. If you try to hard to fit "their culture", it might actually be taken as an offense.

Well, I'll say that since she's not from the good 'ol USA, there's a good chance that she's halfway intelligent.

Disclaimer so as not to get kicked in the cyber-nutz in case someone completely lacks a sense of humor: My fellow Americans who participate in INFJ forums are of course exempt! USA! USA! USA! USA!

German's speak German and American's speak a bastardise form of English

Bastardised. Please don't discredit us by using an American spell checker.

Also I'd like to point out to everyone that all Germans are nutcases. No exception. Actually makes them rather fun.

I thought Hyuri was a girl.

One difference I can think of right now, at the top of my head, is... brutal honesty and directness, which is where, I would wager, this sense that Germans are rude comes from. Don't ask a German if something makes you look fat unless you want an honest and direct answer to that. Honesty cannot be rude, ever.

What part of Germany is she from?

From the South: she might be a little reserved and cool in her affection, but when she gets to know you, she will be the sweetest person imaginable.

From Central Germany: she might be a little reserved and cool in her affection, but when she gets to know you she will be nice and somewhat reserved.

From the North: she will definitely be cool and reserved, but when she gets to know you, she will be a controlling, heartless woman of iron.

:p

Americans on the other hand:

From the South: Loud, opinionated and friendly.

From the Centre: Not-quite-so-loud, opinionated and closed.

From the North: Loud, thoughful, and closed.

Dam straight

Also I'd like to point out to everyone that all Germans are nutcases. No exception. Actually makes them rather fun.

tell that to the jews