Health advice | INFJ Forum

Health advice

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
My skin is so dry all over I am shrivelling up like a fish (hey I am a pisces) out of water. I work in an air conditioned office. I can't be bothered with moisturisers.

What should I do?

Drink more water.
Use natural moisturizer like olive oil after you shower to lock in the moisture.

If you are really against using lotion then get a moisturizing body wash and drink more water. You could also try drinking aloe vera juice (available at health food stores).

If you can't be bothered with moisturizers (which I still would recommend -- a basic one for the body and face), the only thing you can do is drink more. How much water do you drink a day?

If you work in an office, keep a water bottle by your side and take a sip every ten minutes or so. Keeping properly hydrated may have a positive impact on your skin.

EDIT: The aloe vera juice flowerz mentioned, as crazy as it sounds, has many skin benefits. Though a moisturizer, again, would be your best bet. :tongue1:

Last edited:
I do have a bottle of water beside me at work, so I drink about 750mls there and then whatever I drink at home, how much am I supposed to be drinking?

I love Aloe Vera juice, but does it really work from the inside out like that? Might have to get into more of a habit of drinking it.

Maybe it's the beginning of Morgellon's Disease.
In which case..

Oh no!

(Eat fattier foods. Lipids. Maybe the skin needs lipids. I am doctor internets.)

yep more water, keep outa direct sunlight and use non-drying soaps ^oh yeah oily foods also. meats and oils are very good for skin+hair health

I don't know how significantly they do, but I've heard products containing alcohol dry out the skin. I echo trying a moisturizing bodywash or soap and keep chugging that water. The recommended amount for water/fluids is usually 8 cups (250 mL cups) a day. I believe the number increases if you're physically active or out in the sun. :smile:

I think 8 cups is a lot more than I am currently.

Oh and not out in the sun, this is New Zealand winter we're talking about. :tongue:

The recommended amount for water/fluids is usually 8 cups (250 mL cups) a day.

i think that's a myth. most people dont drink nearly that much amount of water and don't seem chronically dehydrated, as you might expect. still, it's probably a good idea!

Last edited:
Stay hydrated (by sipping on water, try to avoid drinking caffine or sugary drinks) and make sure you are getting plenty of fresh air.

i think that's a myth. most people dont drink nearly that much amount of water and don't seem chronically dehydrated, as you might expect. still, it's probably a good idea!

Fluids (as opposed to only water), maybe?

I love water. I drink a lot of it but most people around me don't. I know that's not necessarily a sign that I need that much, it might be that my body's adjusted it, but I start feeling very thirsty when I drink less. But it's not always convenient either, I mean you've either got to have a very large bladder capacity or a schedule that allows you more frequent bathroom breaks, lol, which isn't always the case.

Last edited:

I think the 8 cups a day is also a myth.
People forget that there are plenty of fluids in food such as your salad greens and fruit (although fruit contains a fair amount of sugar) An athlete would require more fluids in their daily diet compared to the average person. The trick is to make sure you don't go thristy (by sipping on water, not drowning) and forget the numbers. :m051:
Drink as much as your body tells you to, no need to force yourself to drink unnecessary cups of water.

Last edited:
though I do ask, why so opposed to lotion? Just some on your hands gives immediate relief to the awful dry feelings and thus makes you feel better on the inside. If you buy a little travel bottle and keep it in your desk you'll never have to think about it, it'll just be there.

Move to the UK?

though I do ask, why so opposed to lotion? Just some on your hands gives immediate relief to the awful dry feelings and thus makes you feel better on the inside. If you buy a little travel bottle and keep it in your desk you'll never have to think about it, it'll just be there.

The sticky greasy feeling is almost worse than the dryness.

There should be a capsule you can take like cod liver oil or some such thing.

I don't know exactly but if you ask at your chemist they should be able to tell you

The sticky greasy feeling is almost worse than the dryness.

It's either moist and sticky/greasy, or dry and rough.

No middle ground I'm afraid.