Have you figured out life? What keeps YOU going? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Have you figured out life? What keeps YOU going?

I have not figured out life, but have reached a new level of comfort with life. I think that I am getting better at just living rather then trying to constantly figure it out. This feels really good to me. When our first granddaughter was born in June, I felt a renewed sense of purpose in my life. This manifested in the feeling that everything that I was trying to figure out was no longer as important. So being a father and a grandfather and a husband and a son keeps me going. My work also keeps me going.
Something that I do (and maybe other INFJ can relate?) You know that feeling when you are driving along or living your life and you remember that you are seeing out of your own eyes and you remember your soul consciousness? That keeps me going.

@CosmicINFJ I think that's kinda great. @RunDeep same thing, kinda great.

I haven't achieved the things I want to.

Studying Buddhist Humanistic Philosophy and practicing Buddhism helps me so much personally in my life. It helps me having a humanistic philosophy to live by and return to. It helps me keep trying to learn and to grow as a person. I find so much wisdom and truth within it.
I just now read this, very simple thing;
Shakyamuni said;

Do not pursue the past
do not idly hold out hopes for the future.
The past is already discarded,
And the future is not yet arrived.
Thoroughly discern the nature of the present
in the mist of reality.
One who, without swaying or moving,
clearly grasps the present
deepens his state of life.
Simply set your heart on doing what must be done today.

The important thing is right now- the present moment. Our present ichinen, or inner resolve, our determination, enables us to sever the bonds of karmic causality by the strength arising from within, and enter the pure path of happiness.
Faith of the Buddhism of true cause, which constantly arises from the wellspring of life, enables us to develop a state of eternal happiness and to lead a supreme existence. The spirit of the Buddhism of true cause is the spirit of limitless hope and eternal advance.

Conversations and Lectures on the Lotus Sutra Vol 2, p213
SGI President Ikeda