Have you experienced the "numinous"? (without drugs) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Have you experienced the "numinous"? (without drugs)

Have you experienced the "Numinous" ? (w/o drugs)

• I have experienced "the numinous"

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • I have had a numinous experience but believe occurred within me only ( a psychological event only)

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have had a numinous experience and believe it transcended my personal being

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have had no numinous experiences.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I want one. (or another one)

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • I have no idea what "the numinous" means

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
I had a very strong experience in college. I was extremely busy in college. I worked full time, I went to school full time, I did theatre (both on campus productions and the touring company) as well as student senate. I barely slept, hardly ate and was always rushing, rushing. I remember going into my dorm room and nobody was there--there were 3 of us in the room--with room for 4. I remember laying on the empty bed, which was a lower bunk bed. I was staring up at the slats on the bed above me and all of a sudden it opened up into blackness. I felt myself flying thru space and time, sucked into this blackness. At that moment I felt one with the universe and I knew all the answers--every single one of them. I felt such a sense of completeness and wholeness it was incredible. I distinctly remember the feeling of flying thru space and the awesome power of the world/universe. I don't know how long I was "out" but I slammed back into my body and while looking at this black circle above me getting smaller and smaller.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I experience it more when I meditate or purposefully try to connect with my spirit guides. Its on a very low level vibration though. I tried to connect with a higher being once; my whole head and body felt heavy; like i couldn't breathe and was dizzy. I got out of the meditation in fear and sweat. I did not attempt it again. I asked a well known spiritual guru about it and he told me my body was not simply ready/had low vibrational energy in my chakra centers.

I don't believe you need to be religious to have a religious/supernatural/supernatural experience.

All most ten years ago I was laying on the couch recuperating from surgery. I felt tremendously alone and deeply sad. As I was praying, I felt this sensation of touch. When I looked, I saw my cat's paw resting on me. I have experienced the indifferent way a cat can utilize the human form. On more than one occasion, I have felt like nothing more than a bridge between a cat and their destination. This incident was much different though. When my cat rested her paw on me, I felt this tremendous sense of comfort and love flow into me. Instantly I recognized the source of this as something more all encompassing than my kitty. I knew I had been touched by the divine.