Have you ever had a vision???

WellNoWonder

Peace Through Action
Dec 10, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Today, I realized about 3 weeks ago I had a vision. I haven't talked to anyone about it yet. I know it wasn't a dream because I realized after evaluating what I saw, I was awake but I was in a state of some sort. I'm not sure how to explain it. I did not feel like I had been asleep.

The Port Angeles ferries were arriving and departing, traveling the Strait of Juan De Fuca... I was standing near the water watching them, it was cold and windy. I had this feeling of peace. Ships in any type of dream for me means I better get prepared for a big change. 2 days later, something significant happened in my life, and I can't really discuss it, but I am somewhat freaked out that I saw it coming.

Has anyone experienced this??? Can you please tell me what you saw, how you felt, and what it meant?

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever gotten a 'vision,' but I do occasionally get visited by overwhelming certainties. When I was on my trip, for example, two nights before my flight out, I had met someone who I had really clicked with. His flight out was the next morning, during which time my friends and I were scheduled to go zip-lining, and I didn't expect to see him again.

But then, on the drive back from our expedition late, late that next evening, my thoughts kept cycling back to him and I can't really explain it, but I just knew that I was going to get to hang out with him one last time. That entire, two hour trip back to that hotel consisted of just me trying to wrestle with this thought. No matter how much I tried to reason with it, chalk it up to wishful thinking and attempt to dismiss it, it kept asserting itself very strongly in my mind. It was like a penny glued to the floor. You could scuff at it with your foot and try to pry it away, but it wouldn't budge. It got really annoying.

Still, once we got back our hotel room, there was a knock on the door while I was in the shower, and it was him. It turned out his flight got cancelled and he and his friends were flying out the next day with us. We ended up having an amazing time together and stayed up all night until it was time to get to the airport the next morning.

Nothing came of the relationship, but nonetheless, that certainty I experienced during that van ride was extremely, extremely odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radiantshadow
Yes, well kind of.
Not quite a vision.
I remember it well.
I was sitting on the porch of my old house, just focusing on the present...
feeling the breeze, listening to the geese and cars in the distance.. a sort of meditation.
I had my notebook with me and this thought popped into my head, I felt like something was approaching.
The phrase, "Love is near" popped into my head.
I wrote it down.
I didn't think anything of it until I went back and read that notebook some time later and realized that I wrote that the day before I met the man I'm probably going to grow elderly with.

Coincidence? Perhaps. But still rather odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
Of course. In times of intense emotion or inspiration.

Most of my visions are like dreams, but more tactile. They are also most common when I've someone on my mind, but sometimes I have goal-related visions. The visions are real in that they are memories upon waking. There is no forgetting them. I can recall details of things I haven't experienced or have yet to experience. I follow my gut when I get them and the last year of my life (as well as the next couple of years) has been guided by a few of these.

The most recent vision I had was of myself and a girl out in a field on a sunny day. Her details--the smell of her skin (lilac, she claims), the moisture of her eyes, the slight prickle of her legs--were all familiar to me already and could be written off as memory, but beyond that was the setting. The smell of the grass was fresh, like we'd just had a rain. The ground wasn't wet. It couldn't have been that recent. There was a grove of trees to our west and I want to tell you what they're called but I still don't know. Elms, oaks, birch. We were silent except for our breaths and noises. The wind. We laid and we fucked but did not speak a word. I didn't have to tell her to keep her skirt on. My left hand dug into the soil beneath the grass. When it was over she said my name. She told me I smelled like dirt. And the vision ended.

We went out for a drive a few days later and stopped in a field just short of the mountains. I told her I'd seen this all before and she laughed. Anyway, it wasn't something to explain.

For me it is an extremely strong sense of intuition. Sometimes I have to actively try to block them out, as I often don't like what I see, but know that it will come true in some form or another. There is never much imagery, but just a strong sense of the future, particularly things that will happen to those I love. Of course there are always those welcome moments of happiness (happy predictions of the future). Lately they have been manifesting themselves in a more religious manner. I don't know if this is because of all the talk of the end-times, or if it is actually a sign of things to come. I wonder if I was completely isolated from everyone else if I would still have those religious intuitions.

I wouldn't call them "visions" but when I know I'll have a rough day ahead of me at work, my dreams formulate themselves to the thought the night before.

When I lose something, I do mental "dowsing"...feeling where the object's energy is and gravitating toward an area.

I blink once, and it's in front of me.

hello i can relate ive had dreams and visions, things that honeslty have come and things that have been in my life emotionally, alot with rising water and weather, most visions happen to me while in the spirit with my God , ur not alone thank you for sharing

i don't get visions, but i do have incidents where i know things i can't know.
please don't ask me to explain that lol. it's not that i'm psychic - i believe that it's a neurological trait that i am able to hone in to information that isn't readily picked up by others

Recognizing and accepting that I've had a "vision" and applying it to everyday life are unfortunately two completely different things.

The Cabin

So I was driving home from school the other day, just admiring the scenery of nature as I usually do, and all of the sudden I get this intense feeling of... well I'm not sure what it was... Starting from the beginning I've always had some kind of sixth sense, all throughout my family, my mother used to talk to dead people, and my great grandfather was convinced he could heal people with his hands, now I've looked through my heritage many many times, dug up nearly every historical thing about my family from my grandfather's files, and I've drawn the conclusion that my family were somewhere down the line, french gypsys. But getting all of this out of the way and back to the day in the car. So to the right of the road was a restaurant that used to be a cabin to a family, but I have no knowledge of any of it's history. So I was just blank taking in everything around me when suddenly all my senses just vanished and I saw something that I didn't think to be a vision till at least a couple months after, but I saw a very dark image, it wasn't disturbing but it was certainly moving, It was a front porch of someone's house, and the vision crashed over me like deja vu, but with an image, and now every time I try to explain the image I always come up with saying it was a cabin, and only until my mother pointed out to me when I was discussing this with her, that I realized the old cabin that's now a restaurant, is right where I passed. I've tried to come up with an explanation like this for weeks, and my only conclusion that I can come to is that it wasn't my own past life, or my ancestor's memories, but the cabin itself's memory. And I'm very excited for the next happening to take place if it does!

I've had a few here and there, but it's so strange I don't talk about it much. Like out of the blue I won't have dreams for weeks then all of a sudden I get a cold sweat nightmare. Then a few hours later I'm standing in the spot where I was in the nightmare and something horrible happened nearby. I just scratch it off as coincidence but I still think it was strange.

Yes. I have had dreams about the future. Mostly about movies and TV shows of all things. Very few about real life events around me but a few of those as well.

Edit: short answer, yes.

Last edited:
I have very vivid visions of very random but usually intriguing things. And I often dream in a new setting, only to see the same setting a few days later in a movie I watched or even while driving around myself in a new area. I also have a tendency to know things without really knowing how I know them.

I feel like [MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] was right on ; this knowing, it seems to be the result of some sort of neurological ability that maybe not all people have to the same degree.

I foresee things years in advance. I forget about the dreams until something comes true, then I remember. I get deja vu a lot. Not as much as when I was a kid.
Visions? Good question. How do they come to me?..
Dreams, or I just know. Like when I refused to celebrate my thirteenth because I knew the teens and twenties would suck. I thought 30 would be the start of a new life. And it came true. I knew this at twelve. I also knew I'd have one child, a boy. I did. I knew that when he was around eight, I'd be a single mom. I was. Now I'm back with the father after we've corrected everything. Got back with him at 30. I knew all this before I reached adulthood. Didn't know who the father would be, but guessed everything else right. Dreams mostly. Learn to control them. It takes time, but it helps.

I have had visions before. Sometimes I get very strong ''déjà vu'' feeling and then I realize that I've seen a dream about it. It can be some location etc.

WOW! Not just a "knowing," but an actual visual vision. Very cool. I haven't had intuition that strong since before Ti took over.

I pay close attention to what happens inside and what my subconscious tries to tell me, or whatever that is anyway... Never actually had a vision, like how things will be... Just images, lots of images.