Have you ever had a significant head injury? | INFJ Forum

Have you ever had a significant head injury?

Have you ever had a significant head injury?

• INFJ or INTJ: Yes

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • INFJ or INTJ: No

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • All other types: Yes

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • All other types: No

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
I am curious how many Ni dominant people have had a significant head injury in their lives, due to a correlation my INTJ friend noticed.

If you have had a significant head injury, such as a concussion or worse, please also comment here with your age when it happened, and the extent of the injury.

Thanks!

When I was 4 years old, I fell down a flight of stairs and landed head first on a concrete floor. I was told I had a concussion, but I remember very distinctly having an out of body experience as I laid on our living room floor with a pillow under my head before they took me to the emergency room because I was bleeding from the head.

When I was 24, I was shot in the head (not through the head, but it fractured my skull).

Last edited:
I'm going to treat anything where I had memory loss or an obvious concussion as a head injury:

~2, fell off a counter onto my head, had a concussion and did the whole projectile vomiting thing.

~6, running, tripped and fell, top right of my forehead hit the corner of a concrete fireplace ledge. I actually don't remember this one, but I'm told the story a lot.

~10, watching for tornadoes, running barefoot on a concrete garage floor, charlie browned right on the back of my head. Several stitches for that one.

~13, walked into a pole because I'm retarded. Was walking along, next thing I knew I was on the ground, thought someone had hit me. Figured out a few seconds later I must have walked into the pole.

16, ran into a fire hydrant with my car, once again because I'm retarded. Was out cold from the airbag for about a minute, also bit clean through my lip, have a nice scar still from that.

So now you guys know why I go around mumbling 'INFJs are gross' all the time, one too many shots to the head.

Head injury, no; but at age 43 I had a massive cerebral hemorrhage when an artery in the right hemisphere of my brain ruptured. The bleed affected an area about 6 cm (the size of an orange) and damaged the parietal, temporal and frontal lobes. There were also a number of smaller bleeds in the subarrachnoid tissue on both sides.

Although I made an amazing recovery cognitively, I still have mild to moderate cognitive deficits and there is a 40-point gap between my verbal and performance (problem-solving) scales on an IQ test.

I don't think it really counts as a head injury but when I was 14, some of the muscle tissues on my forehead tore and there was this blood like stain line from the middle of my forehead to the bridge of my nose ... it looked weird

yeah and.. i always run into glass doors/windows
and bump my head on tables/ walls and especially on the doors of the cubicles in public restrooms

Last edited:
I ran into a fireplace when I was 6 or something

I got a mild concussion when I was at school

And I ran into a pole

None of those were significant head traumas though, the mild concussion was the worst.

Last edited:
You guys just keep surprising me with your forum topics, ehe :3
Posted via Mobile Device

I ran into a cast iron radiator when I was 10 and had to have stitches on my forehead, but that doesn't count as a true head injury to me. The doctors said no other damage or anything happened except for the cut on my forehead. Other then that, I have not.

I was born with Hydrocephalus (among other things) which I am sure has had some sort of impact on my brain, even though I do have a shunt which keeps me alive and what not... it has failed and I've had to have it replaced, so that probably had some sort of impact as well. My brain is all kinds of wonky.

No, but in less the six months i broke both my wrists, my shoulder, and my forarm in fourplaces, all on seperate ocaisions
-----------------------------------------------

Casts are not all they cracked up to be

I haven't had one myself, but i think it notable to mention an infj friend of mine... she had a horrible accident and suffered brain damage, after the accident she was a completely different person... i doubt she was an infj before.

Very interesting thread!

I bashed my head against the side of a swimming pool when I was a toddler. Still have the scar. Maybe that explains things. :D

Trying to learn to skate board in my friends garage. I learned how to ollie, but when I tried to kick-flip I proceeded to smash my head on the concrete, and blacked out for about 5 minutes.

For what it's worth my neurosurgeon told me that damage to the right hemisphere of the brain tended to increase personality trails you already had (e.g., if you were impulsive before, you'd become more impulsive, etc.), but that changes to the personality were often seen with left hemisphere damage.

Hmm, this is a slight tangent, but kind of relates. While this was not caused my a head injury, my brain itself does have problems. I see lights on a regular basis (usually pinpoints or small orb like structures not in a physical plane that I can describe), at least 10 times a day. The cause is unknown, as I have had an eeg, an mri, and my retina examined. All of which are normal. Still, this could all be expanded into some kind of odd brain acitivty across the board, not just head inuries.

Trying to learn to skate board in my friends garage. I learned how to ollie, but when I tried to kick-flip I proceeded to smash my head on the concrete, and blacked out for about 5 minutes.

your not trully a skater till you break something, someone, black out or all of the above

Once I was so lazy that I lay with my head half in and half out of a barn during a month long rain storm. The water dripped off the roof and onto my forehead onto the same spot for over thirty days boring a hole into my head. I have received many injuries of this nature.

Once I was so lazy that I lay with my head half in and half out of a barn during a month long rain storm. The water dripped off the roof and onto my forehead onto the same spot for over thirty days boring a hole into my head. I have received many injuries of this nature.
oh man that made me laugh!

I have a dent in my head and nobody is sure when or how it got there lol It's a pretty big dip actually. I would not look good bald :)
When I was around 27 I was dancing in a parking lot when I got flipped, dropped and landed on the top of my head on concrete. Everyone gasped and gathered around. I felt no pain but I knew then it would be a life changing thing. I was completely dazed and in shock.
I tripped in the bathroom once while in a hurry to reach the toilet when I had the flu and landed head first in the bathtub.
Actually, my poor head has taken quite a beating!

Yes, i had one injury when was 2 yr 6 month. I can remember those bad days. Actually i was playing with stones on the heap of sand. There was running construction of building. I ran to collect more stones and my leg slipped and i fall on one sharp one stone. I don't how was it in look. After that moment i just fainted for a while. When i tried to open my eyes, i could not see well because i had injury. I cried for few hour. It took two week to heal that injury.