Donor
Feb 9, 2009
MBTI
INFJ!
Enneagram
6w5 SO
HAPPY PI DAY! :D

pi_day_dinosaurs.png

Seeing as in high school my nickname was "pie" or "pi" (said the same way), this is a big day for me! My friends would always play some kind of pie related joke on me on this day, haha.

In case your wondering I earned this nickname for several reasons: 1. my real name is Pieter, and Pi and Pie is in my name 2. I have memorized over 100 numbers in pi. 3. I ironiclly do not like pie at all.

:D

Lol!

It's sad. Long, long story (has to do with my online game, trust me). But when I saw "Pi" I immediately thought of "Public Intoxication."

So happy Public Intoxication Day...? :m037:

It's the third day of the fourteenth month? I was sure today was 14/03/2009

Lol!

It's sad. Long, long story (has to do with my online game, trust me). But when I saw "Pi" I immediately thought of "Public Intoxication."

Haha I know how you feel. I cant look at abreviations like that without thinking of elements, here are a few random ones:

Si = Silicon
Ne = Neon
Ni = Nickel
Fe = Iron
Ti = Titanium
Te = Tellerium

Yeah... haha

Fun: Go to the index page of the forum, and scroll all the way down. Notice an event today? (Does it show up for you guys?) I added it to the calendar last month some time... ;)

Arbygil: If you drink, I dare you to have pi shots of something today. :lol:

Lol! I'm not a big drinker...guess that means I won't be (ahem) Pi-eyed today! :D

Oh, the awful puns...the awful...it buuuuuurrrrnnnnzzzz!

Burns like a funeral pi-re? :D (Pyre)

Yay for puns!

You must be a Pi-sces!

((Oyyy, I'm gonna stop! We're gonna break the interwebz. Lol!))

Seeing as in high school my nickname was "pie" or "pi" (said the same way), this is a big day for me! My friends would always play some kind of pie related joke on me on this day, haha.

In case your wondering I earned this nickname for several reasons: 1. my real name is Pieter, and Pi and Pie is in my name 2. I have memorized over 100 numbers in pi. 3. I ironiclly do not like pie at all.

:D
I thought you're real name was piscene for a moment there. Whew.

Last edited:
That notation disturbs me greatly. I prefer one like

2009/03/14 18:30:12

It goes from most general, to most specific. Kind of like viewing a map from the world view and then zooming into an exact street on the map. Most people are not going to view a city wide map, and then zoom into the street and then totally zoom out to the world. It breaks continuity.

Just a small, geeky, thing that bothers me...

Which is why the US mode of date telling Month, Day, Year... which is effectively what Pi Day means to most people, is all about. Viewing the city, street, Country.

I do like the way you do it though, as I also use 24H time.

Celsius, Military Time (0-23H), Meters, Kilograms, Litres. The best thing about Europe.

However, I think we use Day/Month/Year here... But I really prefer Year/Month/Day. However, before I read that DinoComics, I didn't know why Pi-day was Pi day. wow. :D

lol Milon, just for that, I expect a piece of pie from you today...i hope you know how to bake lol :D

just kidding lol

Now that it's actually Pi Day and 1:59 (somewhere)

HAPPY PI DAY!!!!!!

I often visit a small fish & chips restaurant on Saturdays for lunch, and just to celebrate I ordered a slice of pie for dessert! :)

Fly away, you gotta get your own. Mine's digesting. :p

Lol!

I've been drinking and having cigarettes outside all day.

Celebrate 3/14 with a real party.