Google+ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Google+

Last edited:
if you don't have one and want it PM me your gmail and I'll get you an invite.

*Edit removed link to my profile because It seems to link to people in my circles real names*

Last edited:
Reactions: Peppermint
Already added. :)

I am on it as well, let me know if you need an invite.

@chaz

*poke*

I just got an invite after not being able to get an account. Now I feel speshul. :p

it won't let me be a part of it's circle, it's like high school allover again

Reactions: This
This application, social networking site, whatever, seem to be just downright evil.

This application, social networking site, whatever, seem to be just downright evil.

Well their marketing trick sure is clever, using the power of exclusivity to make people want to get in when in actuality it's not exclusive at all and that's an illusion. Quite brilliant really.

I was under the impression that it's invite only because it's being tested at the moment.

I was under the impression that it's invite only because it's being tested at the moment.

Don't get me wrong that is part of it, and it is a way to filter people in more slowly, but it's not a closed system. It's infinitely expandable and works like a pyramid scheme right now where you can invite a bunch of people and then they can invite a bunch of people. Google doesn't have indefinite controls over it's size that way so obviously it's not something they are extremely worried about. In other betas I've participated in where limiting size actually is an important factor you would apply to try out the service and then the companies running those betas would choose to use you or not based on various factors, the invite system wasn't put in the hands of the user.

Don't get me wrong that is part of it, and it is a way to filter people in more slowly, but it's not a closed system. It's infinitely expandable and works like a pyramid scheme right now where you can invite a bunch of people and then they can invite a bunch of people. Google doesn't have indefinite controls over it's size that way so obviously it's not something they are extremely worried about. In other betas I've participated in where limiting size actually is an important factor you would apply to try out the service and then the companies running those betas would choose to use you or not based on various factors, the invite system wasn't put in the hands of the user.

Yeah but most betas aren't done by a massive company such as Google. Having an invite system with unlimited invites is good for them as the number of users increase exponentially which quickly gives them a progressive indication of how many servers they need for it. It's still limited, but becomes more unlimited over time. Unlike other companies, if something goes wrong Google has enough resources to put it right immediately.

I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons why Google is doing it the way they are doing it. The general trend of marketing as of late has been limiting product to increase interest though; de beers has been doing this for many years, diamonds aren't really "rare" at all. Apple intentionally limits their products, Nintendo did the same when the Wii came out. I think you're right I just think google is probably killing a lot of birds with one stone, buzz is good and looking at GOOG stock increase since google+ was released for testing says that there is a lot of buzz.

I think I like Google+ better than Facebook. Facebook is...too crowded. Plus, I have a bunch of people on FB that I don't exactly like, but I don't want to delete. So...this makes it easier. :D

I have one. PM me if you want in.

@88chazz88 [MENTION=3255]Sali[/MENTION]

I agree with Sali, I think google does these things not because its a proper beta, but because its a sneaky way of testing the waters. THey know FB owns social networking right now, AND twitter who both have millions of users, and instead of being just another competitor who launches with all the fanfare etc and has no people, they come in under the guise of beta with open invites the way they do they can build a base from the ground up without spending a ton of capital and then failing.

No matter how you look at it, there will also be growing social sites. Facebook carries viruses and spyware. I honestly like Google+ as it is more for the techy side of nerds.
I have never tried some of the others out there. It is just like the type of car you like. Same goes for social networking sites. It's what you feel most comfortable with :)