Google+ | INFJ Forum

Google+

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Apparently Google is launching a new social network. Who's heard of it? I personally have an account already as I was invited early. I've got to say I'm not very impressed though work is still in progress and I don't have many friends there. I'm also wondering how would it compete with Facebook. Post any thoughts on it.

Could you post the link?

I'm hoping to get an invite. I looked at the tour on the site, and I like the "circle" idea in particular. Hopefully it'll be what Wave wasn't.

Reactions: Edith
I'm hoping to get an invite. I looked at the tour on the site, and I like the "circle" idea in particular. Hopefully it'll be what Wave wasn't.

I dunno about that. Google doesn't do well with its social networking projects. See Orkut.

Yes I got an invite, now who wants to touch me?

I SAID WHO WANTS TO FRICKING TOUCH ME!

I only like tumblr, facebook is fugly and cluttered. Also google annoys me with it's whole "big brother is watching" attitude =u=

TLM if you're still looking for an invite PM me your gmail address and I'll get one to you.

It seems pretty nice so far, it's hard to tell with the limited number of people on it but I do like the circles concept.

TLM if you're still looking for an invite PM me your gmail address and I'll get one to you.

It seems pretty nice so far, it's hard to tell with the limited number of people on it but I do like the circles concept.

I'm already there now, but thanks for the offer.

dont you just feel it in the air? google+ is gonna overrun facebook and/or combine with facebook.

I like it so far, especially the Circle idea, so you can pick what you show to whom.

dont you just feel it in the air? google+ is gonna overrun facebook and/or combine with facebook.

Could be, although facebook seems likely to kill itself at this point in the same way that myspace did. They keep changing things and annoying their user base (Combining IMs and Messages was a huge mistake.) Many people don't understand that myspace was still doing just fine until they started trying to be facebook, which ultimately just turned it into a giant mess. Have you been there recently? it's not even usable anymore. What will also hurt or help these markets is how well they work with the mobile phone market. This gives google a distinct advantage over facebook because they own android. But if facebook still integrates better with Apple and Blackberry because of it's simplicity it will be the preferred choice of those who use those platforms however if google+ integrates just as well I feel it will likely be the beginning of the end for facebook.

I have google+ but I keep forgetting about it.

I came across this on tumblr.......lulz

• Google+: HI I FOUND ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND PEOPLE YOU KNOW ON GOOGLE+
  • Me: ...I don't know any of these people. I've never heard of these people.
  • Google+: THESE ARE YOUR FRIENDS
  • Me: No, I've never seen these people before in my life.
  • Google+: GOOGLE+ SAYS THESE ARE YOUR FRIENDS THESE ARE ALL YOUR GOOGLE+ FRIENDS NOW DO NOT FUCK WITH GOOGLE+ GOOGLE+ TALKS TO GOOGLE STREET VIEW SO GOOGLE+ KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE DO NOT FUCK WITH GOOGLE+ THESE ARE YOUR FRIENDS NOW YOUR ONLY FRIENDS GOOGLE+ SAYS SO ALSO YOUR NEW GOOGLE+ NAME IS "BITCHTITS"

Reactions: Sloe Djinn

(Combining IMs and Messages was a huge mistake.)

i actually LOVE the way facebook combined the messages and IMs. it makes things sooooooo much easier.

i actually LOVE the way facebook combined the messages and IMs. it makes things sooooooo much easier.

That depends on what you used your messaging system for before.

Well, knowing what I do about Google+ (the fact that it's Google and a social networking site), I have two good reasons not to bother with it :D

if anybody wants an invite, pm me your email.

Who's up for creating an INFJf circle?

Who's up for creating an INFJf circle?

I have one... but that would particular to each profile, right? That is, it's up to each of us individually to add other people to a circle that then receives notifications.