God is Evolution, and god hasn't been perfected... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

God is Evolution, and god hasn't been perfected...

Welcome to Nazi Germany, then. With all of its "science", fabricated for a couple of years, and debunked later. You will hear this nonsense only from people who either don't understand how a brain works, or have been forced by circumstances.

Seriously, what? All I can get from this is that somehow you managed to interpret what I was saying as being in favour of eugenics.

To clarify, I was at no point suggesting or supporting the idea that we should eliminate people from the human race simply because they are disabled, whether they be embryo's, foetuses or fully grown individuals.

I was talking about things like being able to scan an embryo's DNA, detect if it has any genetically inherited conditions that would prove either fatal to it or so crippling that it would prevent them from living a full and healthy life, and then re-arrange or replace that faulty DNA so that the resulting person can go on and live that full and healthy life. No deaths or enforced sterilisations necessary.

No matter what evolution we make, AI will surpass us (in a few decades), and merging us with AI (cyborgs and such) would be as stupid as merging us with flying machines/cars, Google, or the Moon. In the end, we use them, without being merged with them. So that superhero ideal is utter nonsense, motivated by extremely primitive ego of people (should I say psychopaths), who have no idea what they are doing. (remainders of the self-destructive selfishness of kings and queens: I, I, I, I ... well, "I" has limits, otherwise it's just no longer "I" anyway)
Again, what? The fact is that we already use AI to enhance our own abilities, pretty much the entirety of the developed world is built on AI and if it disappeared tomorrow we'd all be pretty much f*cked, so in a very real way we're already merged with AI.

We've made absolutely huge strides in understanding ourselves and the universe we're a part of by enhancing our abilities with AI, and we've also opened the door to a lot of negative and destructive consequences from that too. "Merging with AI" as you put it would simply do more of both, but with luck we'll be just slightly more intelligent enough to not make as many mistakes as we have before.

Taking it that much further by choosing to put a chip in your brain or whatever the equivalent might be of "merging with AI" is quite a big step and one I'm not sure I'd be entirely comfortable with, but I completely fail to see how it is either "stupid" or egoistic. Risky? Yes. Egoistic? No, not unless someone chooses to use it that way, but it's just as easy to choose to use it in a more humanitarian way too, to improve the world we live in and our relationships with each other.

That choice is something we've had to deal with throughout history, and I honestly don't see it changing any time soon, but neither do I see it as a reason to stop pushing forward and developing new techniques and technologies. How we use them depends very much on us, not on the techniques and technologies themselves.

But if you are already so brainwashed to fancy the die off of "disabled" people, I pity you, and remind you of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Peek
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking
See my first response, I wasn't talking about wiping out disabled people from the human race just because they're disabled.

I was referring to genetic diseases that kill people. People not dying = more mouths to feed on a planet that's already struggling to produce sufficient resources for everyone right now (though personally I think it's a problem we'll be able to overcome in time, but until then more mouths = fewer resources, fewer resources = cultural consequences).

I was also referring to genetic diseases that cripple people. If gene therapy makes it possible to eradicate most or even all of the fatal or crippling genetically inherited conditions it will make disabled people a much rarer sight, this will inevitably have a knock-on cultural effect, whether positive, negative or both in various measures.

Besides, there are no "extra people", there is only very stupid and inhumane management of people's abilities, by very inefficient culture, led by the most antisocial ones, who got society into the consumerist trap it is, in the first place. But I guess they'll realize it only after they're done with the ignorant genocide, as usual.
What a peculiar mixture of humanitarianism and misanthropy.

Hmm, sorry, still don't get it. So, who are we and what is destruction in your concept? I mean, I am asking not the processes which are happening now in you, but the definition of your thoughts to my questions.

We are gods, because we are part of the universe. I'm not going to go separate us into different bodies

God is made of matter, matter evolves-

Matter destructs, but I prefer the word de-evolution

It gets rid of 'who are we', 'why are we here', 'how',...etc.

In an awesome, large roundabout way

We are gods, because we are part of the universe. I'm not going to go separate us into different bodies

God is made of matter, matter evolves-

Matter destructs, but I prefer the word de-evolution

It gets rid of 'who are we', 'why are we here', 'how',...etc.

In an awesome, large roundabout way

Oh, I see. I am starting to understand you. Thank you for your explanation :)
But I have some more questions, why do you think that matter evolves when it is destroying? And why matter evolves to de-evolution? In your opinion, universe is limited or not?

Binaries cancel, don't bring in tertiary

Oh, I see. I am starting to understand you. Thank you for your explanation :)
But I have some more questions, why do you think that matter evolves when it is destroying? And why matter evolves to de-evolution? In your opinion, universe is limited or not?

Your welcome,

It doesn't matter if it's evolving, destructing...its a process that may or may or may not be happening....

so, may or may not matter. It's a theory how should i put it, but at least it answers itself.

I don't see how the universe is limited or not. It's just the universe.

Your welcome,

It doesn't matter if it's evolving, destructing...its a process that may or may or may not be happening....

so, may or may not matter. It's a theory how should i put it, but at least it answers itself.

I don't see how the universe is limited or not. It's just the universe.

I see :m111: thank you for your explanation :m096:

Darwin just had the observation that:
- species are born with slight random differences
- in harsh conditions only some survive, which happen to fit optimally
- the trend is accumulated over millions of generations
- the result is some condition-fitting features get enhanced slowly

That's all fine, but it's no longer relevant for humans, unless we want it to be, against our better judgement.
It no longer being relevant to humans has led to over population. What that might eventually bring I shudder to think, probably a reversion to evolution being firmly relevant to humanity. So in the end nature will win :D Just maybe not in our lifetimes.