Getting too Emotionally Attached. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Getting too Emotionally Attached.

Well on the inside I never let go, nor do I plan to.
But externally I'm the master of letting go.

Wow.
Are you comfortable being something so different on the inside to what you are on the outside?
How does that work for you?
Would it be better to be you, insade and outside?
Would you be, if you could?

Well if somebody's in a committed relationship that they don't want to leave, what the hell are you supposed to do? Or if somebody just doesn't like you. You go away, that's what you do. There's no pretense in it.

Reactions: acd
Do you remove your crash helmet sometimes?

I sort of lack object permanence when it comes to friends. When I am alone, I can be almost completely aware of them. I may think of them from time to time, but I mostly feel a bit of resentment or apathy about them when I am alone. Then I get back to school and everything is all sunshiney. Hmm.

I don't allow myself to get emotionally attached that much anymore. It just doesn't serve me well.

I think this is one of the major areas where INFJish idealism hits cold, hard reality in an unhappy manner. I hate good byes, I hate losing friends, but I suck at keeping in touch. :( But it's also fairly rare that I find someone I would call a friend, as opposed to acquintance. The world is full of acquintances; they're fairly dispensible. But friends? So very rare, and so very valued. *sigh*